Race #09, Belgium: Post-Race Discussion

Sorry about the no broadcast decision. After the problems I just made the decision for us to leave the server and it seems to have worked, you all had a race and without problems I think? It's better to have a race without broadcast than not having a race at all.

It's a shame the track could not handle it but that's what where limited to do this season unfortunately.

My target today was at least top 8 and I could easily do it with my pace. I got bad luck again at the first lap the car in front of me spun and my car was ko.
After that I tryed to rejoin the group but car didn't work and I also got problems with drivers in the back that had problems to be on track and spun another time in front of me. When i got near Varga, i quickly learned he was continueing his behavior against others! very sad, im angry of this!

what a disaster weekend!!!
Q1 was perfect p3 with a pb lap of 1 46 1
Q2 was really bad car was doing things it has never done before again in q2
Car was really understeering
Then race start was very good i was p5 at a certain point then car run wide and touched the wall sligh;ty losing positions toc some drivers then my 1st pitstop a precision car was at my pitbox i think it was bono huis i don,t know
Then losing many many positions....
2nd pitstop was ok
Then 3rd pitstop was a disaster again nearly crashing out and losing out another position
see ya at Monza

for simon abidesi video
the start de wit jumps from 9th to 5th lap 1
lap 2 oversteer moment losing places to 2 drivers and substaining light damage to the rear of the car
lap 2 tali overtakes de wit
lap 3 de wit takes tali back
lap 5/6 baldi/de wit/tali fighting a 3 way battle for 6th place de wit passing baldi with tali in his neck
de wit pits from 3rd but huis is in de wit pitbox!
lap 20 de wit passes puschke/vecchioni trough eau rouge kemmel great battle
lap 28 passing leppala for 6th setting fastest lap in process
3rd pitstop nearly crashing out at pit entry
losing places again
fininsh de wit in 7th

Q1: very very bad for me. As always i can't make a lap that i could do...so started from 16th position!

Race: The race started very well and after the first corner i was in p12. I knew that my race pace was really good but at first pitstop i hit the wall in entry and damaged the rear like in WS so i had the same problem as yesterday for the rest of the race...I had some great battles after that, but at 6 laps to go i lose control at les combes when i was battling for p8 and crashed into the wall...very disappointing race for me.

Sorry Eros, it was me who spon infront of you because the car infront of me was braking down to much and i rolled into him..i tried to avoid that crash but i couldnt..
I didn't wanted to ruin your race..i also forgot to use the clutch system, because i was not accostumed with it for now. Before i was driving WS and there is the clutch automatic :(

So yeah..Sorry Eros, even it was a race accident, but i take it on my bill.

From GPCOS:

Q1: Was pretty awful as p18 clearly shows. Just couldn't get a clean lap. Didn't expect the race to start anymore after the problems and i guess that had something to do with it but in the end I'm the one driving so my own fault.

R: Plan was to survive lap 1 and see how it goes. Lap one was like planned avoiding troubles and getting some positions in the progress. Then i got stuck behind Vecchioni and couldn't get past due to him having lower wings then me. I also had Petar right behind me so i couldn't afford to do any mistakes. At some point i then got past him and left Petar to battle with him. On 3rd stint lost a place to Patrick who had a lot less wing then me so i had nothing i could have done against him. Last stint i somehow passed Patrick on the pits after his troubles and was 1.5sec ahead of him. I had to keep pushing like hell to keep him behind but luckily i was able to do that and p6 was the reward for it. Really happy about the result, didn't even dream of p6. Awesome race!

From GPCOS:

"After all the hazzle before the start and during Q1 because of server crashes, I was in a way better state to drive. Usually i'm incredibly nervous before Q1/Q2 and the Race start but this time it was different, because it was not sure wether the race would go on or not because of server issues.

Luckily for me, Mikko gave us 1 more chance to drive Q1/Q2 and the Race but this time without the commentators and broadcaster in the server. It helped and I believe no one suffered connection problems anymore.

Q1 went great, in my very first lap I did a 46.1 which I knew was good enough for Q2. In Q2 it appeared that everyone could drive at the same time, instead of 1 by 1. Though I didn't know this because I was downstairs, so as soon as I was behind the pc again and did my lap. It was nice to know what time to aim for because Bono and Morgan both had done there laps already. My lap was pretty good and managed to take P2, behind Morgan but in front of Bono.

At the race start I gave Bono a bit of room at the inside because he's fighting for the championship and I thought he would have better pace. That didn't appear to be the case because after 3 laps I managed to catch him up and pass him going in to Les Combes. From there on I didn't give my 2nd place away, it was all about not making mistakes in the pits like at Valencia.

Really really happy the finally beat Bono again after some what 3 years. Morgan was a bit too fast this time around, maybe I'll be able to keep up with him in the future. Massive thanks to Damian for all the setup work, and Ivar for the gears.

See you at Monza "

Sorry Eros, it was me who spon infront of you because the car infront of me was braking down to much and i rolled into him..i tried to avoid that crash but i couldnt..
I didn't wanted to ruin your race..i also forgot to use the clutch system, because i was not accostumed with it for now. Before i was driving WS and there is the clutch automatic :(

So yeah..Sorry Eros, even it was a race accident, but i take it on my bill.
Absolutely no problem Markus, that's racing, obviously you didn't want to spun intentionally, that was sick for both of us. See you next races ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back