1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Race #09, Belgium: Post-Race Checks

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Mikko Puumalainen, Aug 14, 2012.

1. The appeal deadline is Thursday, August 16th @ 0:50 GMT

Morgan Morand

Q1: Clean
    Q2: Clean
    Log: Clean
    Launch Control: Used
    Pitstop: Lap 10, 21, 32
    GPCOS: Ok
    Penalty: N/A

Jeffrey Rietveld

Pitstop: Lap 11, 22, 33

Bono Huis

Pitstop: Lap 11, 23, 35
    Penalty: +5s added to race time for Incident #11

Stoffel Vandoorne

Q1: Started from the back of the grid
    Q2: N/A
    Penalty: Official Warning for Incident #5

Yannick Lapchin

Pitstop: Lap 10, 21, 32

Ville Leppälä

Pitstop: Lap 11 Cut (1st time), 22, 33
    Penalty: Official Warning for Pit exit infraction

Patrick De Wit

Q2: Cut, wide T9 exit
    Pitstop: Lap 11, 23, 33
    Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Qualifying Infraction

Philipp Puschke

Pitstop: Lap 10 Cut (1st time), 21, 33 Cut (2nd time)
    Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Pit exit Infraction

Petar Brljak

Blair Disley

Pitstop: Lap 11, 24, 35

Rasmus Tali

Pitstop: Lap 11 Cut (1st time), 22, 26, 33

Eros Masciulli

Pitstop: Lap 3, 13, 24, 34

Gergo Baldi

Pitstop: Lap 10, 21, 32, 37

Matteo Vecchioni

Pitstop: Lap 10, 21, 33
    Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #9

Jaakko Mikkonen

Pitstop: Lap 14, 24, 34
    Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #2, Official Warning for Incident #5

Jim Parisis

Pitstop: Lap 11 Cut (1st time), 23, 30

Peter Varga

Pitstop: Lap 11, 22
    Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #1, 1 Race Ban for Incidents #1, #7 & #8, License Revoked & Back of the Grid in the next race for reaching 3.0 Penalty Points

Sean Greenlaw

Q1: No laptimes set
    Pitstop: Lap 10 Cut (1st time)

Marcel vd Linden

Pitstop: Lap 12
    GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment (3rd time)
    Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for late GPCOS comment

Giuseppe Marconi

Pitstop: Lap 10

Raino Room

Pitstop: Lap 3

John-Eric Saxen

Pitstop: N/A

Thomas Cooke

Log: Save All Replay Sessions="0" (2nd time)
    GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment (1st time)
    Penalty: 1 Race Ban for Incident #4, 0.5 Penalty Points for Log Infraction, Official Warning for late GPCOS comment

Markus Hoffman

Eduard Mallorqui

2. Incidents:

3. what the... khmm.. I almost write here something...
    1. Joke... If u look the replay Cook is the one who doesnt really slow down and tried to overtake me, one corner before where a car was spin(yellow flag!!!!), thats why he was slow close to me.. I went on a defensive line, and after I saw slowed down a little I went back because left turn was coming!!!! I didn't push him off the track.. slightly touched.. come on!!! other drivers turn on me 100% harder.. (like De wit in Valencia..)..or Morand also come to me this closer every corner every if he want to stay "real close".. (not just Morand lot of other driver)

AND WHAT ABOUT COOK.. AT 9:00 WHEN ANOTHER CAR WAS SPINING IN FRONT OF ME.. HE DID THE SAME.. DOESNT REALLY SLOWED DOWN.. CAME INTO ME, RUINED MY RACE..

7. I didn't saw him.. please watch back the replay before o'rouge he was far away from me.. in and after o'rouge u cant really see in the mirrors where is exactly the car behind u.. he was much faster there, I just didn't expected he wil be there.. as u saw I was just behind Linden, I was concentrating to overtake him.. I was really supriesed Masculli was there so fast.. I also watch back from Masculli cockpit.. and I agree it looks really bad.. but believe me, I didn't saw him..

AND TELL ME.. WHAT WAS MASCULLI PLAN? HMM.. LETS SAY I SAW HIM.. I DIDN'T MOVE THERE. IN FRONT OF ME THERE WAS VAN DER LINDEN.. HE RAN INTO HIM? OR JUMP? he also could be a little more carefull.. if two car battling in the o'rouge not always the best thing to go there to be the third one..

it was slimply and racing accident..

8. I was just driving on the "ideal" line... because your stupid SPA track has an HUGE bump after o'rouge .. where we had to move to the left side of the track to avoid it.. then back to right.. which is shorter.. if u could be so nice.. please watch back some of my laps.. thats is where I went every lap.. I didn't move there because Masculli was coming.. and he knew that really well I will go there because before he saw where are I usually driving.. (but I guess not just me.. everyone who avoid that f. bump..)..

its great that the ATR guys always watch me like a hawk.. good to know..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah !!! i'm not the only driver who reach 3.0pt penalty now !
    Welcome Peter Varga ! :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  5. LOL :roflmao:

6. I always protected rules and will do it again now that they hit us so hardly. We appealed to COA but we respect WC director hard work and his decisions (despite sometimes we disagree) and we'll respect COA verdict. If it will be decided that Peter was wrong, we'll accept it.

7. Note: These appeals were handled before the Valencia appeals because the penalties would directly affect the next race. The Valencia appeals will be reviewed as soon as possible.

Appeal #1 (Incident #1: Varga & Cooke; Incident #7: Varga & Masciulli; Incident #8: Varga & Masciulli)

Appeal #2 (Incident #4: Cooke, Mikkonen & Saxen; Q2 Cut: De Wit)

Appeal #3 (Incident #11: Huis & Vandoorne)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think not that my team is watching you Varga. It's more us to need to watch out for you. If other driver has this behavior on track for us we look them same level as you.

9. Morgan :) At least we have something in common, sadly this.. I would be more happy if I would be a race winner like u :D . BTW Thx for your ex team! (I get 4 out of the 5 points from ATR I guess !! I know this must be coincidence)

Of course I will respect the decision from the COA. But it really looks like to me they didn't read my comments about the incidents, and sorry I still not agree with the decision. I'm sad I still get all of the penalties.

Furthermore, after Eau Rouge the road is completely flat and there are no walls or other obstacles to block the view in the mirrors.

thats true, but when I came out the o'rouge I guess masculli was still there, and in that case u cant see the car behind u. And u also forget to mention that I started an overtake move after o'rouge, so my concentration was splitted because this. (maybe u are right and I would had time to notice him, I just want to point out I had a really short time because of o'rouge, and beceause the car in front of me ( this was not a simply "I didn't look the mirror situation",) thats why I think this more like racing incident.

The COA finds nothing wrong in the driving of Masciulli, as he was fully entitled to attempt an overtake.

But where he wanted to go? Did u watch back the replay? I mean really.. Lets say I saw him in time. I didn't move to right side of the track, Then what? yep he had space to go next to me, but he had no chance to overtake me because the car in front of me were already there! He was faster than us, so if he doesn't slow down he slimply ram in to the car in front of me. (and I saw no sign from him to slowing down, despite the car was there and he saw it!) Thats why I think he also could drive more safe there.

There is no bump on the left side following Eau Rouge and therefore, there was no need for Varga to turn abruptly right again. Hence, the whole point of this appeal remains largely unclear to the COA.

As I wrote I moved back there bacuse that was my driving line (but I guess not just mine, lot of driver goes back to right because that is shorter, and faster.( after o'rogue go left than back to right, then back to left...).. Thats why I asked u to be nice and watch back some of my laps, there is where I usually drive, I didn't move there because of masculli. And he knew that I will move there...

And masculli if u are "not watching me" only "watch out for me" then do me a favor :D.. next time if u saw me be more carefull! Because If u are right I'm a moving danger zone :D

[​IMG]