Race #08, Indianapolis: Post-Race Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
And other drivers still didn't got any penalty in Ace for qualy infractions. However the director prefers to spend the time giving likes here in this thread :)
So you say only because in ACE something is wrong, we`re not allowed to complain about "cheating" in WC, where you race for money? Interesting.

Btw. Schumacher lost all his Points in 1997 for doing illegal things on purpose...

Last edited:
In my opinion as a team owner, Jim deserved to get at least 1 race ban for this. Many of you know very well how cheating was penalizing in the past like season bans, race bans and etc... Why this is different case? Agree with Georg, someone getting 1 race ban for going wide like 2 meters away in his first ever race, here for intentional deceiving to the Race Director he gets only bog?! It's just my opinion, so don't take it seriosly and do whatever you think for right. I want in future to see from all Race Directors same penalty system and severity to the drivers.

In my opinion as a team owner, Jim deserved to get at least 1 race ban for this. Many of you know very well how cheating was penalizing in the past like season bans, race bans and etc... Why this is different case? Agree with Georg, someone getting 1 race ban for going wide like 2 meters away in his first ever race, here for intentional deceiving to the Race Director he gets only bog?! It's just my opinion, so don't take it seriosly and do whatever you think for right. I want in future to see from all Race Directors same penalty system and severity to the drivers.

And what's the difference between a DQ and a race ban in this case? With both penalties you are unable to score. If anything a DQ is worse, because with a race ban I could replace him with another driver and get some points, with the DQ i get 0 points as a team (plus a 2nd race is also compromised because he will start last). I guess the word ban is more exciting, but think about it.

Also, if someone got a race ban for whatever thing in another division, it's not Eduard's responsability. Besides having the same rulebook, directors have certain degree of freedom.

Last edited:
And what's the difference between a DQ and a race ban in this case? With both penalties you are unable to score. If anything a DQ is worse, because with a race ban I could replace him with another driver and get some points, with the DQ i get 0 points as a team. I guess the word ban is more exciting, but think about it.

Also, if someone got a race ban for whatever thing in another division, it's not Eduard's responsability. Besides having the same rulebook, directors have certain degree of freedom.

I'm not talking and never involved your team. I think you are innocent, at least I want to believe in that. Here we're talking the best way to penalize the driver, not how you will replace him next race, because I don't care really. It's your team and you decide how to replace him, but for me, this should be race ban. 1) He made intentional deceiving to the Race director, unacceptable; 2) He tried to cover it and tried nobody to understand it, unacceptable; 3) He didn't even came here and say it like a MАN, I made mistake, accept my appologizes.

And you're telling, every Race directors have their own opinions and decisions, good to know, then I will forbid my drivers to use speed limiter in Pro, because Carlos is a friend.

I hope he has been/is being disciplined by his team for this type of behavior. Disrespecting his fellow competitors, team mates, the race director, and the administration who set up and enforce the rules. Unacceptable.

I get that he is his own person. But he represents the team, and these kinds of actions can seriously damage the integrity and the image of the team. Not to mention it puts the administration into an awkward position and put's a shady image on them because of one drivers selfish deed.

I don't usually take part in this kind of topics but honestly I don't understand such controversy.

2.1 Minor file irregularity which does not advantage player - Warning
2.2 Minor file irregularity which may advantage player – Disqualification
2.3 Major file irregularity which definitely advantages player - Disqualification & Race Ban Penalty
2.4 Minor cut in qualifying - Back of the Grid Penalty for the next race
2.5 Major cut in qualifying - Race Ban Penalty
2.4 Minor online etiquette breach - Race Time Penalty
2.5 Major online etiquette breach - Race Time Penalty / Disqualification & Race Ban Penalty
2.6 General careless or disruptive driving or behavior - Race Ban Penalty

Take one. It's very clear in my opinion but Im not RD.

Besides I think should be specified a point about communication between drivers and RD for these issues (unjust penalties).

Last edited:
Good guy Dian, let us cast our memory back to this:

The way you banned Patrick was stupid.. He didn't deserve that ban and such a bad comments above of mine.. Who cares that he had less fuel than normal.. Is there any rule for that? So you don't have permission to ban some driver for that. He wanted to have fun even to know wouldn't finnish and the fact he didn't ruined the race on someone is enough.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/race-08-hungary-post-race-discussion.72927/page-2#post-1495365

Jim seriously respect for trying to get out of the penalty i mean as a racer you want to win above everything right? i guess a 1 race ban would serve you right and no dissrespects given in my opinion.
But when ( after you get catched ) you manipulate your audio from your stream that is just a pretty douchy thing to do. You douche!
+1 for Sherlock von Starkenbourgh

By the way nice commentary. I liked it more than when you are with Mundy/Wilde (?)

I think you and Jeroen would be the perfect pair tho!

E.Kore

And what's the difference between a DQ and a race ban in this case? With both penalties you are unable to score. If anything a DQ is worse, because with a race ban I could replace him with another driver and get some points, with the DQ i get 0 points as a team (plus a 2nd race is also compromised because he will start last). I guess the word ban is more exciting, but think about it.

I feel in this case the one who should be penalized its the Driver, not the team. If you only DQ him, you are encouraging people at least trying it, as they will only get Disqualified.

Anyway, Jim is part of the team, so if you are Banning him, you are also penalizing the Team.

DQ + BoG is basically two races ruined (unless you are a Morand). I undertand one can argue it could be a race ban as well. Anyway, fortunately the race director took action and it's now up to higher instances if someone wants the penalty changed further.

Cmon guys weres the context here, this is no worse than a driver cutting in qually then dishonourably finishing the lap or drivers colluding amongst other teams to skew results gifting each other positions. If the culture was there for Edu to remove pens without checking then the systems to blame not the driver who like the qualifiers roll the dice. Ofc in that split second jim was wrong but to pile on more penalties cos the director looks silly for making the wrong assumption is also just wrong. Why not do that cell thing and work out the timeloss and add 10 secs cos its all abit ott. Gotta give props to precision though for doin the noble thing and highlighting this..oooo but look who benefits..cos by hook or by crook or drivers just pulling aside Bono IS taking them points lol
Does anyone else get that feeling that drivers are a bit too happy that post race is all about Jim?..me thinks some are defo dodging bullets here :)
Was a great race and broadcast, grats to David ftw and Jim to be up there swapping paint with the leaders

Last edited:
Cmon guys weres the context here, this is no worse than a driver running wide in qually and dishonourably finishing the lap or drivers colluding amongst other teams to skew results gifting each other positions. If the culture was there for Edu to remove pens without checking then the systems to blame not the driver who like the qualifiers roll the dice. Ofc in that split second jim was wrong but to pile on more penalties cos the director looks silly for making the wrong assumption is just wrong. Do that cell thing and work out the timeloss and add 10 secs cos its all abit ott. Gotta give props to precision though for doin the noble thing and highlighting this..oooo but look who benefits..cos by hook or by crook or drivers just pulling aside Bono will be taking them points lol
Does anyone else get that feeling that drivers are a bit too happy that post race is all about Jim too?..me thinks some are defo dodging bullets here :)
Was a great race and broadcast, grats to David ftw and Jim to be up there swapping paint with the leaders

What did I just read? :O_o:

Fully disagree. Oh, and the correct penalty he would have got would have cost him at least 25 seconds - adding just 10 seconds to his race time would not have justified this. This is, of course, if you ignore the intent ;)

I feel in this case the one who should be penalized its the Driver, not the team. If you only DQ him, you are encouraging people at least trying it, as they will only get Disqualified.

Anyway, Jim is part of the team, so if you are Banning him, you are also penalizing the Team.

You are not encouraging people to at least trying it because the moment you try it you are DQ, the mistake is mine for not checking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%