Race #08, Hungary: Post-Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick i have been in the same situation as you are right now and i felt emotionally unstable after my actions in Australia in February this year, but i managed to shrugged it of and continued to improved, but as mentioned here you are the Most Experienced FSR WC Driver still to be racing you are better than this and i am sorry for saying this since i am less experienced but you need to think about that and comeback strong

The way you banned Patrick was stupid.. He didn't deserve that ban and such a bad comments above of mine.. Who cares that he had less fuel than normal.. Is there any rule for that? So you don't have permission to ban some driver for that. He wanted to have fun even to know wouldn't finnish and the fact he didn't ruined the race on someone is enough.

For the sake of argument (although I have no idea how anyone can argue this), let's say Baldi never had his PC issue and he was still 3rd (or 4th considering Pat was there).

Pat continues to play around with the leaders and holds them up enough for Baldi to catch.

Baldi then passes Morand & Huis and takes the lead and Pat continues to hold up Morand & Huis. You see where these actions can lead to?

Is it ok that the guy just wanted to have fun, and in the middle of enjoying himself, his sister-teammate goes and wins, while he blatantly holds up his competition before an unavoidable DNF on lap ~33 (approximation of Pat's fuelload).

Last edited:
The way you banned Patrick was stupid.. He didn't deserve that ban and such a bad comments above of mine.. Who cares that he had less fuel than normal.. Is there any rule for that? So you don't have permission to ban some driver for that. He wanted to have fun even to know wouldn't finnish and the fact he didn't ruined the race on someone is enough.

Also, I agree with Victor's comment.. This is unacceptable for simracing, will be understandable if we are racing for millions dollars to let the main team to progress, will be understandable if Sister team drivers are on different strategy from main team and then would agree to let the main driver. I would never make a decision to let some of my teammates because of team orders or what ever they are.. I will let him only if he has faster pace than me or we are on different strategy.

Exactly how it is, it seems bigger issues are being ignored here which are actually more damaging. If there is no rules saying Patrick can't drive on lower fuel than its a bad move to ban him. I had my family/friends watching the race for the first time and they was shocked a driver was removed like that and are even more shocked a driver who has been in a series so long is being talked to the way he is by administrators and the like, and they are again confused how other issues are being ignored like the actions of a team like above.

I think its more shocking that anyone would run a race with 100L onboard. Everyone he passed on the first laps lost half a second to second because of that. It's also hard for other drivers who are running 2,5 times more fuel in the car to judge his grip. He tried to overtake me around the outside of the penultimate corner. I braked late to try to keep him behind, as I didnt know at that point yet that he was still going on with the idiocy. His grip around the outside though was superior to what I thought it would be which lead us to have contact.
I don't buy these excuses at all, I think it's a pretty lame way to keep your reputation.

if people think i might help baldi or whatever pls this is so farfetched, i mean is 2pac alive we wont know but these theories you guys make are nuts, im simply telling you guys my side of the story and ofc the knive always cuts on 2 sides and all u do is argue with my side of the story man oh man, i never sabotize a race why would i race in the first place then :s fck

Pat, if you loaded the wrong setup and saw on the formation lap the wrong fuel, then why even start the race if you can't finish?

Even if there was a red flag, you just start again anyway. Alternately, quit out and start from pit lane...

i feel so bad now cause of the entire race and if i knew this would happen i just would not race in the first place although i have to stick to my point earlier i did not ruin anyones race and the arguments you guys are making arent making me feel better as well, i feel bad enough about this whole thing. i could be wiser to press esc during formation lap but ehm i thought id have some fun anyway. wrong choice, this is not a place for that.

If u noticed your fuel on formation lap why didnt you just esc and start from pitlane instead of going through with all of that madness? Surely you must have known that there was a huge **** storm coming in your way if you would do what u did. I mean theres really no way of defending you on this one and imo the race director did what he had to do.

So, Mikko, there is there a rule to not holding up the opponents of your team to help teammate. In this sense, ban every driver who are holding up the opponents of their team. Behaviour or not, he is allowed to start with how much fuel he wants, if he wants will start with Q setup and to have fun for 2 laps, if he doesn't make something to ruin other's race ofc. You had to let him to finnish his own race and then if he did something to give a penalty.

Maaan... Patrick, our strategy almost worked... :) j/k

I didn't know anything about it, I can say only one thing about that - In the rules there aren't anything for that, he could start with 100L's, not the others, Patrick will loose the points if he can't finish the race.

Btw.
When will the broadcast be uploaded?

i never sabotize a race why would i race in the first place then :s fck

Nurburgring 2009, as Ondrej pointed out. It's not the first time that you have some unacceptable behaviour and you come up with fantasy stories.

Anyway, have fun:

Lap 16, you did a 1,21,3, like 3-4s faster than anyone else. Lap 17, you stayed behind Morand the whole lap, even braking on straight line sometimes (start of s3). You passed the whole grid twice, but for some reason on that lap you stayed there. You pitted on lap 17, and after that, video starts.

And about driving with less fuel, I can't even understand how certain people defends that "there isn't any rule about this" and so. First of all, it's absolutely disgusting to watch a race and see how a single driver is passing everybody, lapping 3-4s faster than anyone else. Makes FSR look like an amateur league, even worse than that.

Second, it's a problem for the other cars. Some of them lost time because of him, others simply let him pass because they were warned via TS. However it's always dangerous to have someone on track with clear huge grip differences.

And third, if you analyze the video (it's better if you download the race replay and check yourself), De Wit clearly tries to help Morand at some point of the race, and he even succeed on that. And I'm not implying that this was a planned tactic or something, I'm sure that Morand didn't understand what was going on as well.

So, Mikko, there is there a rule to not holding up the opponents of your team to help teammate. In this sense, ban every driver who are holding up the opponents of their team.

Sure, with PM/GTO WS driver who can't finish a race better than a certain place ( the most 7 or 8th ) battling with the lead with a agressive strategy to hold up the virtual second of the race ( like Keithley in Germany 2012 and other stuffs )
These are identical situations, so it's a bit ironical that PM attacks Patrick with this argument. It's just Patrick's situation is more obvious : but to be clear in these 2 situations, i don't agree with. I donno what happened to patrick, this is sad because i like him.

It was ugly what Patrick did after i've saw the video, but still you have no arguments to take him out. It's disgusting also the way how teammates let eachother and I'm happy that operators are not broadcasting from teamspeak. You will hear stuff like "Gergo, Dian is faster than you". The things which you blame Patrick are the same what you can blame everyone here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back