Race #08, Hungary: Post-Race Checks

I don't want to start any kind of fight. For sure I don't like you pretending to say that I had some kind of strategical goal in my mind. I came here apologizing with concrete facts and renounced to a right of appeal to show it with actions and not only with words, but you guys are so used to see shadows everywhere that you pretended to transform it into a bad thing.
You say you respect me, which I want to believe of course, but you can't respect me and my team and, at the same time, call two of my drivers "idiot" or "pseudodrivers" in a public forum.
Like William said there is a huge difference between being straight and being unrespectfull and offensive.

That said, everyone has his own style and I will not fight for it. You pretend to use words at your wish, be it. I live FSR as a sweet hobby in my busy life and I will continue living it that way with my style.
I love my team, I love my Rambo Chris who is one of the craziest heads I've ever met but such a golden guy that I'm proud to have him in my circle. I love my Patrick as he's as loyal as a brother and out of control as a girl! Sometimes they make mistakes, sure, we all have our weak sides but for me they're part of my simracing family, call them the way you prefer. I might have pseudodrivers like you say, but for sure we're not pseudofriends to each other.
If it's true that you respect me than maybe you can also easily imagine that we had some internal hot moments when talking about some behaviours when mistakes were made. Sadly not everyone can be perfect, sorry for the incovenience but you'll have to live with some humans like us who are made by good and bad sides.

I really hope we'll improve as whole club and have new people soon in as we're becoming like a big house with just old women inside it, fighting and arguing like there is nothing more ahead of them.

I just want to share 1 personal opinion:

Change the damage model. In F1 almost each contact results in tears for both drivers. This should also be the case in FSR. This seems the only logical way to have some more respect between the drivers in my opinion.

I know about certain 'lag issues'. Well, it's up to the driver to decide whether he really wants to get the last bit of slipstream or not.

Also make pitstop times shorter for wing changement etc ;-)

Change the damage model. In F1 almost each contact results in tears for both drivers. This should also be the case in FSR. This seems the only logical way to have some more respect between the drivers in my opinion.

I know about certain 'lag issues'. Well, it's up to the driver to decide whether he really wants to get the last bit of slipstream or not.

Also make pitstop times shorter for win changement etc ;-)

Personally I change tire pressure and wing angle and all my pits are 3 seg.

Personally I change tire pressure and wing angle and all my pits are 3 seg.

Adjusting wing angle is not the same as replacing the wing with a new one.

About the damage model, seems quite hard to nail something good. I know very little about how does it work, but I know that Johannes has spent quite a lot of time adjusting it. During public beta stage people complained about having too much damage with little contact, though. It's not easy to make everybody happy.

Also make pitstop times shorter for wing changement etc ;-)

We had quite sensible aero damage in the first part of the season (I wanted to make it more realistic by essentially not have suspensions bending, but only aero damage being applied), which resulted in people loosing 0,5s from small contacts, which sometimes affected the driver who got hit more then the driver who hit him, so ovbviously that´s not a solution, the same goes for making the frontwing fall off very easily, the way this damage model works can just cause unfair effects by resulting in damage for the wrong driver.

It´s also really difficult to test damage model changes properly as reproducing crashes is kind of difficult. I have done that hitting walls at different angles at constant speeds trying to fine tune it, but rF always brings some surprising results in actual multiplayer crashes.

At the moment there is hardly any laptime loss after even moderate contacts, which isn´t ideal either, but at least doesn´t cause any wrong damage. But if some people are interested and it looks like we are stuck with ISI for longer I would be interested to put some more time into it as a properly tuned damage model will improve the racing by a lot in both rF and rF2, there are still possibilities to make it more like a real formula car.

I doubt the damage model is going to make a big difference. We had a unforgiving damage model earlyer on be it fair unfair sometimes. But still did it realy helped?, not realy i think. The real problem is the driver. I see way to many drivers making impossible overtaking atempts, or come from a car lenght away and stick there nose in there while the driver in front is already commited to a corner. Same with defending drivers squeezing, or not giving enough room.

It comes from both side and i see a lot of drivers doing this now and then from all teams. For me it starts with the driver, and damage model is just a tool but not the solution for this problem. If you have 2 drivers that are prepared to do this in both situations atacking and defending you can get some clean racing as what you saw in the vid Mikko posted earlyer on. However this is WC, highly competetive so drivers usual are reluctant to give way, give room, dont sqeeze, dont overtake in impossible places, dont jump in from a car lenght away. And besides rF1 could be a problem to, it allows us to do stuff you will never see in real F1 mayby thats part of the problem to.

images

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years