Race 07 - STCC 1 - How to make "stand-alone" Volvo S60?

Hi all!
I'm new here and need your help.
I'll make a couple of OT premises in quote tags, so you can jump them if not interested. :)

First of all, I'm sorry if I'm gonna ask somebody already well-know, but I have not so much spare time to check here and there, and I already tried without so much succees...

Second, I introduce myself fastly: I'm an Italian man, I love race games (I'm a videogames collector in general) and I was a "serious" sim-racer time ago... a lot of time ago... when SimBin's GTR was a mod for F1 2002 (GTR 2002).

When I was racing such game, I wasn't new on skinning or even modelling cars... you can still see some examples here: http://www.patcha.it/Skins/

N
ow lot of time is passed, and sometimes I still make some track turns with Race 07, or rFactor and my new (too few used) Logitech G27. :)
Now we finally go to the point.

I'm trying to make a "stand-alone" Volvo S60 (R) street version starting from Race 07's DLC "STCC - The Game" (the first) model.

Up to now, using your website guide "Race_07_Car_Skinning_Tutorial" I was just able to make base textures, testing them by creating a new STCC team in the "CustomSkins" folder.

But what I wanna do, is a separated and dedicated "Car category" similar to the way it works for Audi R8 and other cars.

And it would be already great enough. But after this I wouldn't dislike to be able to personalize 3D model (remove back spoiler and raising set-up height) if possible. If necessary some sounds (I still didn't decide). And preferably some car's performance (maybe slower shift speed, lower tires grip or similar).

About customize 3D, years ago, when I was accustomed to customize GTR 2002, there was a program named Z-modeler, which was free to use and enough powerfull to manage games' 3D models. There is something similar now, free to use?

Can you help me on doing all these stuffs?

Resuming:
- Make a separated Volvo S60 car from STCC Championship (and from original Volvo S60), in a new dedicated in-game category (like for Audi R8)
- Customize 3D car model details
- Customize sounds (if needed)
- Customize car's performances (after separating it from STCC championship original car)

Here two perviews on texture I made:

VolvoS60Blue-2011-07-19_F34.jpg

VolvoS60Blue-2011-07-19_B34.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back