RACE 07 or Dirt

C

coneman

• coneman

Howdy all

Got a question for you. I have GTR2 (great game) and Race Driver 3.

I want to buy another game, I am tossing up between Race 07 or Colin Mcrae - Dirt.

I would like to know which game is better, in your opinion?

Thanks in advance
Coneman

Difficult question, it really would depend on what type of racing you prefer. I don't have Dirt, but have the earlier CMR Rally games. Based on these I would say the following:
Race 07: Excellent track racing game, similar quality to GTR2, very realistic driving simulation, great for on-line racing as well as off-line.
CMR (previous series): Fun rally game, not particularly realistic, good graphics, off-line racing. I believe CMR Dirt is veery demanding on PC resources and demands a high spec system.

If you want a very realistic Rally game, Richard Burns Rally is the one to get.

Hmmm Difficult one Coneman... But here are my 2 cents:

RACE07: This is a wonderful game, great graphics, realism, damage, great community with leagues (online that is).
DiRT: Looks great, more arcadish, damage model, requires A LOT from your PC, only off-road racing...

So basicly the question you have to ask yourself is: What do you like most, road racing or offroad racing? When you have decided that, the choice will be simple.

Maybe a thing to help you out is to play the demo's? CMR:DiRT demo is 833MB and can be found HERE. RACE 07 Demo (504MB) is located HERE

• coneman

Sven De Nys said:
So basicly the question you have to ask yourself is: What do you like most, road racing or offroad racing?

Good point. I like road racing best, so Race07 it is.

thanks fellas'

• pauliebhoy

Definately Race07 - superb... and if you're into rallying, then "RBR Rally" is the absolute Ultimate in afa rally sims go. You will find no better mafrien'.

I have both Dirt and Race 07, and for what they are Race is the better by far regardless of weather you like rally racing or paved track racing.

As mentioned above Dirt is more arcade feeling in it's physics, and that is basically following the style we have seen in other Collin McRae games put out. Richard Burns Rally, or RBR as it is known is a far superior product for those interested in rally racing and realism. When I purchased Dirt I didn't pay that much attention to the name otherwise I would not have purchased it knowing it's past release types.

Don't get me wrong, it can be fun to mess around with, but when it comes time to get serious, it is time to put it on the shelf and get a real rally sim.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back