Race 07 on screen map?

Hello to all.
I have been told that their is a default track map, but I cannot find it anywhere in the keyboard commands. I was told it was the #1 key by default, but #1 is listed as toggle mirror under keyboard default.(which does just that) Wheel unplugged and/or plugged in.

I have tried "toggle menu" key...... #2 I think it was. ( did just that)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have corner markers, but am looking for a track map.
I did not register through Steam, I just installed on PC for offline play.
Also, I can't see the top times done in practice, (only in Qually) just my times. If I want to see other AI practice times, I have to exit out of gameplay and select "view other drivers times"

I am pretty new with pc sims, so I appreciate details. :notworthy: Thank you.

Yes regular 5, If you used the shift key it would make a percentage symbol like this %
I dont have a numerical pad (dedicated numbers only) Just 1thru 0 across the second row from top of keyboard. Each number has an option to type a symbol when holding down Shift key. One is ! Two is @ 3 is# 4is $ 5 is % 6 is ^ and so on. WTH?

Not F5 either....(.brightness)

Can someone please tell me what it says in the game menu exactly? i.e. track map....Num 5

or menu options......Num 5
No where is the word "map" What is the game menu calling the track map?, so I can look again. Thank you.

Would the wheel have to be plugged in by any chance? I just tried it with keyboard.
Again, I am not registered with Steam. I just installed on hardrive for offline use using disc, and I must put disc in tray to play.
Just trying to provide ALL info I can think of.

Go have a look in Options/ Control Settings

2012081700002p.jpg

See where it says "Toggle Track Map", see if it is even assigned. It should be preset but sometimes strange things can happen. If it is preset, try setting it again by left clicking on setting, press the ESC button to clear previous setting then left click your mouse and press 5 on querty.

Also check and make sure that you didn't accidently hit your Caps lock key, That might effect the on/off toggling of the map.

If that doesn't work for you, i don't know much else to tell you.

I am brand new to this sim, and really all sims. I bought this boxed off Amazon used. I installed offline version directly to my harddrive under Program Files. Never went to Steam, don't even really know what it is.
My interface does NOT look like Hiroshi's above. Very similar, just a sky blue (Race 07 theme thoughout) I do NOT have keys #4 and #5. I do have 1,2, and 3 with the same options.
Maybe I have to install online version? I am not interested in doing that though.
Go have a look in Options/ Control Settings

2012081700002p.jpg

See where it says "Toggle Track Map", see if it is even assigned. It should be preset but sometimes strange things can happen. If it is preset, try setting it again by left clicking on setting, press the ESC button to clear previous setting then left click your mouse and press 5 on querty.

Also check and make sure that you didn't accidently hit your Caps lock key, That might effect the on/off toggling of the map.

If that doesn't work for you, i don't know much else to tell you.

Near as I can tell, the track map is not available when you play offline, only online, at least that is my experience.

Have a look and see if you have the ability to run a dedicated server. If you do, then create a game, then join it by choosing multi-player and then choose LAN and find the name you gave your game. Should be the only 1 there. The problem with this method is you can't run a season or championship like this, just single races, and I am not even sure you can have AI, but it might be.

Near as I can tell, the track map is not available when you play offline, only online, at least that is my experience.

Have a look and see if you have the ability to run a dedicated server. If you do, then create a game, then join it by choosing multi-player and then choose LAN and find the name you gave your game. Should be the only 1 there. The problem with this method is you can't run a season or championship like this, just single races, and I am not even sure you can have AI, but it might be.
Yea, Thanks so much Jim, but, I just am interested in playing around with offline, and after a lot of inquiries from the pros, I just must have bought an older version used without the proper updates.

I am just a noob with pc sims, and I think that buying a used copy off Amazon and installing in offline w/o steam and all that, I got what I paid for.

I'm happy with what I got, but I sure appreciate everyone's help.

RD FORUMS ROCK!:) Thank you to all!

The Steam version is exactly the same as offline, up to date, of course and has ALL offline stuff in it.. There's no reason to not activate the package in Steam to get the full game... But if it was used game, the chances are you've been ripped as it's probably already activated..

The Steam version is exactly the same as offline, up to date, of course and has ALL offline stuff in it.. There's no reason to not activate the package in Steam to get the full game... But if it was used game, the chances are you've been ripped as it's probably already activated..
Ok , help me out please, ....if I have no desire at this time to play RACE 07 ONLINE, other than the track map....what would you do? ...as far as being "ripped off:; Just be happy w/o reinstalling ,or whatever,,,,Cause I don't know how to do all this, is it worth the trouble, if I am only going to play offline anyway?
Wow, I have really taken up a lot of discussion over this....which I appreciate!:) .

Ok , help me out please, ....if I have no desire at this time to play RACE 07 ONLINE, other than the track map....what would you do? ...as far as being "ripped off:; Just be happy w/o reinstalling ,or whatever,,,,Cause I don't know how to do all this, is it worth the trouble, if I am only going to play offline anyway?
Wow, I have really taken up a lot of discussion over this....which I appreciate!:) .

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%