RACE 07 league

Hello all.

im new here and i wana to know its any league for WTCC 2007 cars here and if is where i can join in that league?

tnx

im semi-pro driver for example i drive monza 07 2.02-2.03 and i dont wana to go in some ace league where all drive around 2.00 :)

Szymon, even though you don't have ffb you can still detect the limits of adhesion.
In the main menu under Options go to Sounds and increase the amount of tire skid and slipping, it will take a while to find a balance that you can understand but listening to the noise of the tires, rather than the engine, road noise or wind will help keep the tires on the limit. Lack of ffb really hurts if you've gotten used to it.

I've found that holding off on the downshifting keeps the BMW's[rwd] balanced and with grip to the rear coming into the corners. Increasing the Coast diff setting will reduce the rear going out also but it's a two edged sword, too much and the car won't turn in well! Balance.

@Dennis - I have already played with sounds but thanks.:D I will try to set the settings in a different way. The problem is that there is some kind of lag between the time when the car loses traction and the time you can hear it. Possibly it's just the lack of experience but soon I'm getting a new wheel (I have no choice really - this one is crap and simracing really got me interested:D) so at least this problem will be sorted out.

Personally I find it relatively easy to balance the car on way in and through the corner. It's just exiting the turn where I often accelerate too slow or too fast.

dont try my first setup, this is other one:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/327183/monza-setup-and-TA-zip.html

here is time atack and setup for BMW, now its werry handly at corners and i think u gona like it :)
change in setup what ever u want if u dont like something and with this setup im go under 2.04 every time and best time is 2.01.173

just in time atack setup ghost car to Loaded, load mine time and u can se my nooby driving while u drive :D

Yeah, forgot the sound.. Tire sounds to max, that's definitely the way to go. SFX, road noise, not so crucial. Lack of FFB, can't help there as i started with momo but when FFB disappears, i'm completely lost. So there's hope, i've seen people with 30€ wheel do amazing times. In some occasions, i believe that without force there's possibility to go even faster as it doesn't stop you doing extreme/unrealistic maneuvers.

But in the end, try getting a FFB wheel. I can recommend a good secondhand Momo Force (not one that has been in use for 5 years...), i'll post a modding guide with pictures the next time i need to do maintance on it (in 2 months time). Those mods are cheap (~10€) and with them the Momo is much better than anyone expects, something like G25 quality. It lacks finess with its simple cogwheels and that single motor is a little underpowered but it's enough to get the responses that the game produces.

The racingline can seem like it's correct, only way find out is to get a replay/hotlap from some experienced driver and comparing it to your own. The tutor needs to drive at 95% speed, not doing kamikaze qualify superpole stuff..What i found that even i thought my racingline was correct, the way Nick was turning showed me the error of my way. I turned a lot more and straightened the wheel much later. The reason was i took the initial turn too early. I got as far as apex with great speed, usually more than others and that thought me that i was going faster than others.. Not.. The car was understeering at the exit and my straight line speed suffered. Now it's opposite: way longer braking than others (comparing to public racing, not to the really good drivers in closed leagues where i usually drive..), constant apex and way faster exit. Most racers in public servers, which represents the lower end of scale in skill, brake way too late and you can pretty much pass them before the corner is over by keeping the speed more consistent...

If in RWD the rear snaps off when downshifting, you can delay that without consecuences. Just "miss" one shift, ie if you normally do it [ brake,6,5,4,3,2 ] try do it: [ brake,nothing,6,5,4,3 and shift to 2nd just before you need to accelerate. Quick tap before the last downshift can help to match the engine RPM to drivetrain speed but i suggest that you do that part of later. I'm doing under 2 minutes in Monza but not much under.. It's slowly improving but those last two seconds take a looong looong time...I've driven with a wheel over a year, with pad from the GT2 era.

• Darren Jason O'Brien

Hello,

Is there a V8 Supercars series for the Raceon/07 at all Ive got all the Expansions etc and would love to race in this series.

You really just have to get used to it.;) When I was practising I had exactly the same problems but it goes away. After a day or two of practise you will be able to control it. Just remember to pick a right track. Monza is a hard one at first cause you have two slow corners where it's easy to push throttle too far. Valencia06/07 is a good place to start with BMW. Most corners have similar pace and you quickly get the 'flow'. Then Monza will be much easier cause you know the car better. After Valencia you may also try Brands Hatch. This gives you an idea of how BMW reacts to landscape e.g. corners with slightly raising ground. It's now easy for me to control it though I still don't know how far from spinning I am. When you lose grip you often have to make a decision whether it is better to counter-steer or take your foot away from gas pedal and it takes a lot of time with BMW to learn that.;)

Good tracks for practice are Monza Jr/Brands Indy for quick repetition of few corners plus the changes in speed is easier to notice whit whort sectors. Tracks mentioned earlier are good choices and to complete the basic GP type lap training i suggest Imola for high speed cornering and trailbraking practice.. Knockhill, Limerock and GP200 for the high elevation change and blind corners are good for "classic" track practice. And of course the super license is driven in Nordsleife, so doing a lap there per week is mandatory :)

I had an idea once of doing Gran Turismo type of challenges to complete "licenses". It would be easy to do. Post track/car combo and three lap times to beat: Original GT had Bronze (first lap with out spins..), Silver (clean and safe lap) and Gold (kamikaze) times... The bad news is that the gold time has to be guessed, other solution is to have only one Gold time, which is the fastest lap all time. But it takes too much effor to maintain so stays in the idea box.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 278 13.5%