1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race 07 launch Control

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Andrew Reed, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Hi when i bought the game i am sure that when i assign the Keys to my DFGT Wheel there was a option to assign Launch Control....
    But i cannot find it in the Control Settings....
    So my question is Launch Control available in Race 07 if not is their a mod for it please
  2. no LC in the game and no mod I'm aware of...
  3. Ok thanx for the info m8, shame though lol
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Come on Andy, Launch Control really? I know as a fact you are a good driver! you don't need it.:)
  5. lol Hiro. driving ok just my starts i struggle with big time lol .... i have done a lot of starts and i tend to always spin my wheels so i not get a got set-off and keep up with the pack
  6. change your diff settings or increase your 1st gear so it can't put the power to the ground as quickly. :)
  7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

When I can juggle the gears to get a 1st gear that launches well and functions on the track I'm a happy guy. I will give up some proper launch gear for a fast consistent lap though so I have to work on starts. I usually did this on pit road during the warmup, but since it's gone in club races I do it all the time now, P1, P2, Q. I try to find out whether full throttle or part throttle at the drop of the clutch gets me off better and get a feel for modulating the throttle till at full grip. It's just more practice.
  8. I use Auto Clutch, but as I have a G25 I can override the AC and anytime, like Starts... I'm quite good on starts in FWD S2000 cars with simple fluttering of the accel pedal and dropping the clutch and then holding 6-7k rpm and then easing back to gain more grip.
  9. I know it has little relevance to the topic, but launch control was a working feature in rFactor. Is it possible that it works in Race 07 aswell, and is just buried deep underneath various updates and changes?
  10. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I just ease out of hole like i would do in a real car under the same conditions. Don't just "stomp" on it, of course you're gonna get wheel spin if you do it otherwise.
  11. Some wheel spin is preferable, sacrifice grip to get better rev range, that's my tactic. But it is hard to limit the spin, i do use full revs. Tthat's only to ~20km/h then decrease spin, full grip at around 60km/h hoping that the revs don't drop too much or spin too much (speeds depending from car class, of course).. I have no idea if that's the proper way to start moving but that's the only way i know how. Good trick is to lenghten the 1st gear until you get almost no spin, then two clicks back. That should give nice and easy start but then you HAVE to spin the tires, other wise it just bogs down. It is not the fastest method but it is easy, just keep your foot down.