Race #07, Hungary: Post-Race Checks

@David: If all race directors follow the same rules which is the same for all, then race directors should look at if a same situation has occurred within the league in any of its categories, view the penalty given and then give the selfsame penalty. I myself couldn't give a toss about someone else opinion. The other person may have motive to his different opinion. The administration needs to have a list of circumstances which have occurred and caused controversy, include the penalty the league places for the incident, and all race directors should be given this to follow. When one race directer treats the exact same incident completely different then another race director, it makes team managers and drivers alike question if the other race director has any hidden motive. Of course FSR and the acting Race Director will deny any hidden motive but that is not a 100% problem solver.

If we look at real life which is what FSR emulates as much as possible. Rules are that in real life, the results after the race are considered FINAL and UNCHANGEABLE and that any penalties given after the race will be carried over to the next race.

@EnyNX: I am not actually attacking FSR or anyone with my posts. I'm just giving my opinion. Morgan is not my driver, not in my team, in fact, it doesn't concern my team whatsoever nor does it impact us in the championship, but these are issues that have been going on in FSR for years. Now if Pedro sent it to the COA, we can only hope the decision will be reversed and the selfsame penalty given for the same incident in a previous race will be the one also given here. As it stands, I think this is what shows the instability of FSR's current work ethic.

I think a good alternative would be for the race directors to make a universal incident document with penalties handed out which can be updated with any new incidents, and for any that re-occur, the directors can go into the document and give the same penalty as was given in the past. This will make things more consistent because the whole scenario of one director has a different opinion then another for the same situation just makes it all sound a bit too dodgy to me. Not the part that they have their own opinion, of course their entitled to it, but acting upon that different opinion and imposing such a harsher penalty compared to another case...dodgy in my view.

(Joke intended here) Maybe the race director had bet on bono to win at the FSR Sports Betting Bar. :p HAHA Joking. :)

FSR penalties are handled in a much professional way than F1, which has been a joke sometimes. I still remember Nurburgring 2007, when there were 5-6 cars out of T1 in the gravel due to the rain, and the crane only took Hamilton's car back on track :)

And we can give more examples of biased / unstable decisions in real F1.

If we look at real life which is what FSR emulates as much as possible. Rules are that in real life, the results after the race are considered FINAL and UNCHANGEABLE and that any penalties given after the race will be carried over to the next race.

Not sure which real life you are speaking of, I can remember quite a few races where time penalties were given after the race, Spa 2008 comes to mind and one as recent as Valencia 2012 even.

@EnyNX: I am not actually attacking FSR or anyone with my posts. I'm just giving my opinion. Morgan is not my driver, not in my team, in fact, it doesn't concern my team whatsoever nor does it impact us in the championship, but these are issues that have been going on in FSR for years. Now if Pedro sent it to the COA, we can only hope the decision will be reversed and the selfsame penalty given for the same incident in a previous race will be the one also given here. As it stands, I think this is what shows the instability of FSR's current work ethic.
I have no idea what you are talking about here, I suspect neither do you. If you can give an example of this so called "same incident", I'll spend more of my time and explain the differences to you and hopefully you and anyone else who is misinformed will listen (but I doubt it).
I think a good alternative would be for the race directors to make a universal incident document with penalties handed out which can be updated with any new incidents, and for any that re-occur, the directors can go into the document and give the same penalty as was given in the past. This will make things more consistent because the whole scenario of one director has a different opinion then another for the same situation just makes it all sound a bit too dodgy to me. Not the part that they have their own opinion, of course their entitled to it, but acting upon that different opinion and imposing such a harsher penalty compared to another case...dodgy in my view.
We attempted this in 2010, with a very strict penalty guidelines document and it was a disaster. Any situation which even slightly resembles another (regardless of how severe) had to be penaltized in the same way. Again, shortsightedness. We've adapted since then obviously and the 2011 and 2012 way of judging incidents is far superior. The directors have to be able to use their judgement.
(Joke intended here) Maybe the race director had bet on bono to win at the FSR Sports Betting Bar. :p HAHA Joking. :)
Actually I had Morand in my fantasy team, I think some people's biased heads will explode when they hear that :).

Just a quick continuation to this post:

As we see in today's F1 race, we are not that different from them. However, they are still off in terms of consistancy (Hamilton & Rosberg in Bahrain) & some rule details, but maybe one day they will be on FSR's level.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back