Race 07 / GTR-E won't start!

I need some help here. Earlier today, Steam had an update saying that I can download the latest drivers from AMD for their ATI cards, so I though that I should click on it and see if there are any new drivers for my 5850 to download. After the installation finished (which went smoothly, nothing weird happened) I went to go on Race07 through Steam. But now all I get is the "Race 07 Configuration" thing comming up, and it comes up for everything from Evo to STCC. I select ATI HD 5800 series, select my resolution of 1440 x 900 (what control panel says my monitor runs on), refresh rate of 75 Hz, anti-aliasing disabled, vertical sync and windowed mode not ticked.

No idea whats going on. If I have to download all the games again then I will, but I don't want to install all my mods, tracks, and skins again.

Anyone able to help, racing at Macau in the Euro racing club on Sunday, so I want this sorted quickly, losing out on track time. :frown:

Edit : Something else to know, my Dirt2 on Steam works fine, so does Alien Swarm, just the Race07 games don't want to work.

damn sorry to hear about your problem there ethan

If like me you havve alot of mods and skins then what I think you should do if you feel u must re-install is move the gamedata foler out of race 07 then re-install and then move it bk after the re-inst and overwrite when prompted ive done this on a few occasions with gtr-gtr2 and there were no problems

Do the same with the userdata and ui? folders if u want to keep profiles . Ive even re-installed all of windows and kept integrity within the game with this method , your skins will be in the mydocuments folder and u can use the same process to preserve these also

Hope this helps

Peace

Sorry to read it so late. If you have solved your problem, congratulations ... if not, try to run Config.exe in the Race07 folder and set up your graphics.

I have had the very same error everytime I update the graphic card drivers and solve it this way.

Regards

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years