1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[RACE 07] FD Series Imola - Saturday 10-5-2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club' started by Warren Dawes, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Duivelaar

Peter Duivelaar Licensed

2. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld Passionate Volvo C30 driver Premium

then put your name in your signature please

3. Theo de Bruin

Theo de Bruin Licensed

Group 2

Quali: Been a while since I last drove a rear drive car... so had to re-learn it all over :D. Still managed to keep it reasonably on track at the end of qualifying.

Race 1: Decided to take it easy and just try to finish the race without spinning off (much like Eckhart :D). I had forgotten to do a drive with full tank at the end of quali and I was surprised how awfull the beemer handled in the first lap! Still it was better after lap one and I managed to keep her on track pretty much. Because of other peoples mistakes I actually managed to climb up to p.6 or 7 but then I think my tires were getting worn as I was having more and more difficulties to not make any mistakes. Spinned a few times and dropped back to p.9. All for the best as this way I wasn't on pole for race 2 :D.

Race 2: Started in p.9 and I forgot how fast the bmw is from the starting line, I was of like a rocket and hit Karl in front of me (only slightly fortunately, still sorry Karl!). Going into the first corner it looked like a scene from "The Mist"... couldn't see a thing lol! But got through ok. Again struggling with the BMW in lap 1 and settled in a rythm after that. Did OK I think, had a few nice little fights. Very nice overtaking manouvre from Karl! :thumb:. Ended up in p.9 again after making some mistakes at the end. Pretty much a rerun from race 1 lol! :D

Thanks for the great races guys! :thumb:

4. Nico Major

Nico Major Premium Licensed

Nice racing as always Jamie. I drove the 2006 E90. I felt it lags some horse power. I tried to carry speed through the chicane in order to pass you on the way down to Rivazza but did not get the timing right. From time to time I missed the line and got warnings ending up in the box for a 10 second teatime ...

5. Robert Crone

Robert Crone Licensed

Late report... oh well,

Qualified in 4th without running any lap with the Seat yet, I thought it was 1.59.7 or something, but I know I could've been faster.

Anyway, race 1 was soooooooooooooooooooo NICE! First time I really felt I was looking for the opponents to not crash in to them with my Takuma Sato actions. Had great fights with Ben Tusting and a chasing Attila Domjan behind me. Boy oh boy, I knew I was faster than Ben but just couldn't pass him! Great defending! Last lap I got a Sn'G penalty that killed me and brought me 6th, just when I got Ben Tusting the lap before and made a gap to 2 seconds.

Oh yeah, my cat was causing some problems sometimes when he was infront of the screen and half on the steeringwheel. One time this caused a slide of the track.. but, for some reason, I managed to get it back on track! I watched it over and over, and am still suprised by it, lol.

Also sorry for the early braking in some turns Attila, don't know why I say sorry for this but it could cause some frustrating moments I guess :p.

Race 2 wasn't so nice. Just can be clear about one thing. 2 Sn'G's and a disqualification, oh well, doesn't really matter. I got the dq when I refused to go in pit, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.