race 07 clutch

Hi. I've a g25 and i can change the 1st to the 2nd gear, the 2nd to the 3rd gear and so on, without clutching. In real cars you can´t do this. And i have "automatic gear" and "automatic cluch" off. Is this normal?

I have a G25 too, and I can do this without a clutch too. For example, when I drive E30 M3(WTCC87), which has a 5 speed H gearbox... I can change gears without a clutch, but I use a clutch is interesting and more grip on braking :p Can I make on the G25 to be impossible to change gears without clutch?

Yes, it doesn't work real. But you can spin your car sometimes when you do that in corners.

Even with SQ it is normal to use clutch and throttle blip for downshifts in real life (formula bmw, radical, caterham hayabusa, gt1 cars, v8 supercars, ...).

There is this line in car's hdc file:

[DRIVELINE]
SemiAutomatic=0 // whether throttle and clutch are operated automatically

0=manual, 1=automatic ???

I'm planing to modify it for some cars. If I changed that for formula bmw, I could get upshifts with lifting of the throttle pedal and H&T for downshifting which is real. I'd like to try it if it works and if it is usable in race 07.

There is an add-in for rFactor that does this, but it is not compatible with Race as far as I know.

Honestly the use for this is pretty limited, a modern dogbox does not require clutching on up or down shifts, so the only time this would add realism is in a historic setting, or a series where you know the cars use standard H-gate transmissions.

Then again, I am not the type of guy that pumps his wheel up to 900° when racing historics, I just pretend I replaced the steering rack and transmission :)

For realism, you can still shift cars in real life without a clutch, but you need to use the clutch for stopping and starts. I do this in real life all the time, it just takes practice to be good at it.

Any range of speed is possible. The old F1 cars of the 70's shifted that way. They had to use timing to engage the transmission as it didn't have any syncromesh gears, they were all straight gears to keep weight down.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 38.9%