RACE 07 Add-On

• Renaud de Munck

Oh man, I love Japanese tracks almost as much as Japanese girls, it would be great so to speak. :)

it will be nice. A new track and i hope also new cars. Plz simbin, do you can make an add-on of a little cup clas like VW FunCup, Megane, BMW 130i cup, clio cup or ...

I think i am going to buy the add-on, simbin is one of the best devlobers.
Can w8 for see the details

I agree with this ideas,the minis we already have in the game are so much fun,i think something like the new model Clio Cup would be very similar close racing fun too,and maybe something at the other end of the BHP scale as well?911 Carrera Cup series possible? :laughing:,,,okok,,im getting greedy.... :blushed:.

Truck Racing ! :confused: or maybe not.

I'd quite like to see the Ford Sierra be added to the '87 class, and the Volvo that took part in Sweden, oh & the diesel Seats.

New class wise, I am very tempted by the 911 carrera cup sounds like fun, infringing on GTR territory I fear, the BMW 130 or Clio cups are good too.

In the clio cup you can setup your car. That mean that the championship is for everyone. Win only with your driving skils.
That is very funny. No setup, no expensive car, only fun race:laughing:

A little review that I found on the internet:

Renault Sport Technologies, the high-performance division of Renault responsible for the Clio Renault Sport, has unveiled the next variant of the new Clio - the Clio Cup. Essentially a racing version of the Clio Renault Sport road car, the Clio Cup is the latest iteration of Renault's popular one-design racecar, first launched in 2001.

For about $37,000, racers get a fully turnkey racecar, complete with rollcage, racing seat, harness, a six-speed sequential gearbox with steering wheel-mounted shifter, digital dash and data acquisition system. (While that may seem like big money for a 2-liter hatchback, for a brand-new, fully-equipped racecar it's a screaming deal.)

The powertrain is basically stock, although a new engine management system, airbox and exhaust system give the normally-aspirated 2-liter powerplant a slight power boost to 205 hp.

The chassis and suspension are suitably stiffened for track use, with solid mounts and bushings replacing more compliant road car units.

To level the playing field for competitors, and to control costs for race teams, the engine, shock absorbers, gearbox, and ECU are sealed when they leave the factory.

600_cliocup06_29_tcm2-31194.jpg

I've been looking a bit on the net now :)

And I can give you the next information that I've found:

The expansion RACE 07, which will arrive in March 2008 as GTR Evolution, adds several new features to the game, including four other new classes, new car fleet already rich in the basic version, a new league and a faithful reproduction of the legendary digital track of all time, that of Nürburgring in Germany.

On top of that, I've found somethign intresting that might intrest us:
sbgroupas4.gif

As you can see the logo of "RACE" has changed a bit, adding a Corvette C5R and Aston Martin.

Conclusion: GTR goes RACE :)

Edit: RRP will probably be 15£. When dismantling the Italic written part: 4 new classes (GT, NGt, G3 and another one?).

The XBOX360 version of GTR has been cancelled for as far as I know. THQ has retracted from publishing the game on the console.

Edit: Reason to believe that they use the XBOX360 version of the cars for use in the add-on :)

The expansion RACE 07, which will arrive in March 2008 as GTR Evolution, adds several new features to the game, including four other new classes, new car fleet already rich in the basic version, a new league and a faithful reproduction of the legendary digital track of all time, that of Nürburgring in Germany.

Sounds pretty concrete to me :) 4 new classes, now thats what i like the hear.

I've been looking a bit on the net now :)

And I can give you the next information that I've found:

On top of that, I've found somethign intresting that might intrest us:
sbgroupas4.gif

As you can see the logo of "RACE" has changed a bit, adding a Corvette C5R and Aston Martin.

Conclusion: GTR goes RACE :)

Edit: RRP will probably be 15£. When dismantling the Italic written part: 4 new classes (GT, NGt, G3 and another one?).

and do you already know from which season the classes will be?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%