Race #06, Great Britain: Race Briefing

Welcome to the 6th race of the FSR 2012 World Trophy season at Silverstone! You will find the password for this event by logging on GPCOS and looking at the password field which is next to the server's IP address.

Before proceeding to the event, pay attention to the following:
  • Remember to join the game with the FSR Manager software running, as described in the pre-raceand post-race procedures
  • A pre-qualifying session is organized (see the schedule and listings below)
  • Due to the number of allocated drivers being >36, Grid 2 race is organized this time
Following drivers (9) have automatically gained the right to race in Grid 1. The listed drivers are NOT ALLOWED to take part in Pre-Qualifying:

Following drivers have the right to participate in Pre-Qualifying:
Pre-qualifying Group (29):
2. Scott Wilde
3.Antonio Kolarec
4.Franz Schnyder
5.Brian Oates
6.Ron Squire
7.Ika Tsitilashvili
9.Mihajlo Vicentijevic
12.Martial Thomas
13.Tim Brook
14.Joona Leppaenen
15.Ari Kesseli
16.Sebastiano Filosa
18.Nick Fischer
19.Armando Morra
20.Mikko Suokas
22.Gennaro Celiento
27.Tuomas Koriala
28.Thomas Martens
29.Tjeerd Feddema
30.Michael Gray
31.Zoltan Csuti
32.Paul Berndt
33.Miguel Cardoso
34.Diogo Silva
35.Kevin Clark
36.Alex Novo
37.Todor Vasilev
40.Mark Aalberts
41.Sami Pesari

Start from back of the grid:
Paul Berndt
Andrea Danese
Benjamin Burmeister
Francisco Oliveira
Juan Nicola
Ralph van Roeckel
Jarl Teien
Alex Novo
Diogo Silva
Miguel Cardoso
Ika Tsitilashvili
Lee Harrison
Mo Selvarajah

License Status:

Martial Thomas - 2 Penalty Points
Juan Nicola - 2 Penalty Points
Thomas Martens - 0.5 Penalty Points
Theodoros Eziroglou - 1 Penalty Point
Franz Schnyder - 1 Penalty Points
Gennaro Celiento - 1.5 Penalty Points
Nick Fischer - 2 Penalty Points
Paul Berdnt - 0.5 Penalty Points
Sami Pesari - 0.5 Penalty Points
Mo Selvarajah - 1.5 Penalty Points
Tommy Nilsson - 0.5 Penalty Points
Tuomas Koriala - 0.5 Penalty Points
Todor Vasilev - 0.5 Penalty Points

Schedule:
Saturday, 13:00 GMT: Pre-Qualifying
Saturday, 13:20 GMT: G1 Practice
Saturday, 13:30 GMT: G1 Qualifying 1
Saturday, 13:45 GMT: G1 Qualifying 2
Saturday, 13:50 GMT: G1 Warmup
Saturday, 14:00 GMT: G1 Race Start
Saturday, 15:30 GMT: G2 Practice
Saturday, 15:50 GMT: G2 Warmup
Saturday, 16:00 GMT: G2 Race Start

The Pre-Qualifying session will be 10 minutes in length, split in two sessions. The sessions will be run in Private mode without Parc Ferme. The sessions will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running. The top 17 from Pre-Qualifying will make it in to Grid 1.

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

Qualifying will be split to two sessions (10 + 5 minutes). Both sessions will run in non-private mode (all cars will be visible on track at the same time). Qualifying 1 will be run with free setup while Qualifying 2 has Parc Ferme enforced. Parc Ferme will only allow you to change your fuel load, tire compound, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying 2. Qualifying 2 session will be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 39 laps long. Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents.

13.4 Failure to send the required files to the Administration before 23:59 GMT of the Monday following
the event, will result in a penalty and/or disqualification.

Please can you tell me why ive been disqualified, and not just given a penalty. Being sent to the back of the grid seems very harsh for submitting files about 12 hours later than the deadline.

Why me and my brother have to start from the back of the grid?

I read the rules and i saw this:

"The WT Championship top 10 drivers and the top 4 drivers from the previous Grid 2 race will not take part in Pre-Qualifying session for the next race since their participation in Grid 1 is guaranteed."

My brother finished third on Grid 2 of Canada, so he dont have to do the PQ, right?

Greetings

Why me and my brother have to start from the back of the grid?

I read the rules and i saw this:

"The WT Championship top 10 drivers and the top 4 drivers from the previous Grid 2 race will not take part in Pre-Qualifying session for the next race since their participation in Grid 1 is guaranteed."

My brother finished third on Grid 2 of Canada, so he dont have to do the PQ, right?

Greetings

The rule you quoted is from last year I think, it doesn´t count this year anymore.

You should check here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/race-05-canada-post-race-checks.52358/ you and your brother didn´t send the required files so you got disqualified and got a back of the grid penalty.

13.4 Failure to send the required files to the Administration before 23:59 GMT of the Monday following

Please can you tell me why ive been disqualified, and not just given a penalty. Being sent to the back of the grid seems very harsh for submitting files about 12 hours later than the deadline.

Because FSR don't understand people have lives outside of FSR Mo. :D Seriously though it is a little harsh I think. Sometimes things crop up and this kind of thing will happen.

Because it's the same for everybody, and I'm not going to give you a different penalty because it was "just 12 hours". It takes 30 seconds to send the files after the race.

The following drivers can take part in Grid 1.

pqresultsuk.jpg

Because it's the same for everybody, and I'm not going to give you a different penalty because it was "just 12 hours". It takes 30 seconds to send the files after the race.

yeh thats fine, and i understand its a penalty offence. What im saying is - in the rules it says 'And/OR' - which suggests that theres 2 options - Either a penalty is given, Or a DQ, or both.

Now, seeing as it was the first time ive submitted files late - surely i should just get a penalty first, and if i do it again, then a DQ? Hence why i said it seemed a little harsh.

THe rule leaves open the possibility of a penalty, or a DQ. Please respond to this or clarify the rule - thanks.

yeh thats fine, and i understand its a penalty offence. What im saying is - in the rules it says 'And/OR' - which suggests that theres 2 options - Either a penalty is given, Or a DQ, or both.

Now, seeing as it was the first time ive submitted files late - surely i should just get a penalty first, and if i do it again, then a DQ? Hence why i said it seemed a little harsh.

THe rule leaves open the possibility of a penalty, or a DQ. Please respond to this or clarify the rule - thanks.

It depends which file is missing i think, a missing Log file is always DQ and a missing Qualy Lap is a penalty.

i am with the Revolution Motorsport team in the WT and i am helping the team as a Reserve Driver and Scott failed to turn up so i have taken his place for this weekend

I'm here Ron i just had a meeting that took a little longer than hoped for. I will be racing in Grid 2. Although I will be missing Hungary due to a convention so you can race from the start there and hopefully blitz them all ;) I told Lee about it but dont think he can have relayed message to Myles. Sorry for miscommunication. Will make sure I tell Myles as well from now on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back