Race #04, Monaco: Post-Race Discussion

( from my own experience )
1/ Comparing several server ( 3 servers ) i could test on the same track during testing, on the same daytime, had 2 different grip. the official which was less slippery than the 2 others. This is why you must have noticed, we made unusual long training on the FSR server, because ALL we felt the server had better grip ( = less slippery ) and we expected to have it in race.
I would ask to.
Why the FSR server had the track temperature which are warmer than 3/4°c than normal server ? We need some tweak to have these values, no ? but i won't have missmatch if i leave one server to another ? OR i'm wrong... ( as always for you )

Yes, you must be wrong because as I said there wasn't any mismatch, so you had the same exact track grip level as the rest of the grid. If you guys are setting your server incorrectly it's your fault, not FSR's fault. If there are different track temperatures is simply because the start session time is different (in your server, of course). The FSR server has been using always the default session times, no changes there.

And please, De Wit complaining about the grip levels is a FSR classic :D but the server settings are always using the default session times, that's for sure.

Just loading FSR's WC server profile:

fsr-server.jpg

So I'm sorry but your theory is invalid.

Added upon what David said (and as everyone should know) the track temperature evolves during an rFactor session. With this year's tires being quite sensitive to temperatures, of course the car won't feel 100% same at end of the session than at start of a new session. This change of grip is, however, minuscule compared to real F1, where wind, track rubber, temperature, etc etc plays a much higher role depending on the day. A good driver adapts to these changes quickly, in my view it's part of the challenge, but of course iRacers and hotlappers who want static conditions will feel differently.

Yes, you must be wrong because as I said there wasn't any mismatch, so you had the same exact track grip level as the rest of the grid. If you guys are setting your server incorrectly it's your fault, not FSR's fault. If there are different track temperatures is simply because the start session time is different (in your server, of course). The FSR server has been using always the default session times, no changes there.

And please, De Wit complaining about the grip levels is a FSR classic :D but the server settings are always using the default session times, that's for sure.

Nice try :sneaky: , but we use the same default time like FSR server.
I know in start of the session the ambient and the track temperature at start are similar. I'm using rfactor since 2008. In the 2 other servers ( one is not our team server ) same ambient temperature : 27°c but the track temperature is different. other servers + offline 32/33°c max, yours is 37/38°c max AT SAME DAYTIME. ( after 30/50min after the session starts )
We are using all the default values.

There is a problem no ? if we are using default value together and we have different values in game ?
I'm not trolling everyone. but this is strange.

Added upon what David said (and as everyone should know) the track temperature evolves during an rFactor session
I know it JES.
Me, i'm not against changing track conditions. I'm a big fan of Rf2 as everybody knows but this is managed by the game itself.

i know how morand feels
its true i had it in the past for some strange reason feld same to me
The monaco track was pure low grippy which at 1st i did not liked

not gonna debate who wins wins but huis winning without much practice pff come on
give morand credit the guy is doing an outstanding job
he beats us all at the moment and season is still very long
u got my backing not that i don,t deserve it for my fellow countryman but finnaly someone giving huis a run for his money

Sure, he does very well, you can see what difference it makes, when a team puts in serious effort.. Kudo's for that, Morand is an extraordinary driver, one of a kind. It takes a lot of effort and dedication to beat or get close to Bono. Altho consistancy, reputation and being clean on track is at least as important to gain respect from other drivers. I'm not saying I'm any kind of example of this.. Bono, Mikko and Bruno are.. But that's not my thing to discuss..

About the change of feeling on the track, I really believe it's a matter of nerves during such session. If you tight up, the handling is off and the car feels like it handles differently. Especially on a track like Monaco..

I'm still noticing this every qualification in iRacing where like JES mentioned the conditions are completely static. That's why I'm responding the way I did. Things like this should never ever be an excuse of failing a lap or race. Well you can, but you'll get reactions like this..

...I know in start of the session the ambient and the track temperature at start are similar. I'm using rfactor since 2008. In the 2 other servers ( one is not our team server ) same ambient temperature : 27°c but the track temperature is different. other servers + offline 32/33°c max, yours is 37/38°c max AT SAME DAYTIME. ( after 30/50min after the session starts )
We are using all the default values...

Thats, cuz we are driving 26 cars around the track and there is more friction with the asphalt. I saw at the livetiming, there showed 35 degrees on asphalt. If in your own server add 26 max AI's will reach that these degrees, but if you drive alone will be less. And i think the problem is in the head and the human's psychic.

Well the end results is fantastic!!!

Q1 lap were pretty cool especially swimming pool complex losing back end but catching them without touching the walls and set a decent laptime:)
And was in top 10

But i was not happy at all with my Q2 pace i totally screwed nearly the whole lap.. was no magic pole lap like last year....

In the end 7th due to others could not complete a lap as it is Monaco after all

Then Lapchin stalled his engine and i was 6th on grid before race starts
The lights whent out and i had a fraction better start then Parasis and i was 5th
Then van doorne was on outside and i think he brake a bit too late and touching Tali and losing his front wing
He did not wanted to move over which he should not lol:)
And i passed him going into Massenet it was close but fair and i was 4th starting 7th
Then its Monaco after all surving is key here
My pace was same around leaders maybe a bit slower but for long time i had the fastest lap
Pace was almost same as Huis maybe he was pacing don,t know
Then whole race i was trying to do same pace as Tali who was 2nd
But when my tyres were worse the other cars seemed to have better pace as me but on fresh rubber i outmatchted them a bit i was really happy with my racepace
Then my final pitstop(3rd and last)
I was checking the button for limiter ouotcoming Rascasse and i spun the car losing my fornt wing and slight damage
Repairing it all costed me around 40 secs in the pits!!!
Lucky we had a big gap to the rest of the field as i was around whole race 10 secs behind Huis so it was pretty close
Seemed i was not the only 1 with mistakes as i lost my podium spot to Nilson
Who made a error spun and stall and i got my 3rd place back:)

I am really exstatic for this because had a tough start to the season!!!!
And i am really happy with this podium!!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back