Race #03, China: Post-Race Discussion

Thanks! First of all, i want to say a big thank you for the team, the setup was very good, and thank you for the helps during the race for Zsolt Nagy, and Peter Szanto! I missed my Q2 lap, i wanted too much, and i made many mistakes. My start wasn't the best, but the first lap was good, i was the 5th, but in the second lap - if i'm right - Rasmus Tali passed me soon, and then i wanted to stay behind him. My first stint was so slow, i had to save the engine, and my exist from the corner was bad. After the first stops, maybe in lap 15 and 16 i had a fight with Disley, and Room.Then i stayed behind Saxen, i couldn't overtake him, only after my 3rd stop, in lap 45, but i made a mistake, and he overtook me. In the next lap, lap 46 i overtook him and after that there weren't any interesting thing. Thanks again to the team, and i'm sorry for Peter Varga, because he was very very fast, so he could make a very good result.

from gpcos:

This was a total disaster for me

q: because of the penalty I had to started from 24th..

Race: My start was ok.. but one of the Dion brothers was stuck on the grid in front of me.. so i had to pull back.. and I loose a position.. but in the first corner.. I overtake 2 cars.. another 2 in the first lap... than started to push like hell. In the next couple of laps I overtaked the guys in front of me... I really enjoyed I was 11th from 24... then at the first pitstop at lap 13 maybe, at the pit entrance Tali just spin in front of me.. I was to close to avoid the contact.. I loos my front wing .. but that was not all.. in the pit.. Mikkonen came into me too (unsafe release from precision guys :).. I dont know if he saw me come or not.. )... my pit stop was 24s.. my engine get really hot.. and when I came out I had only 50% engine.. so after this my race was just about saving the engine with a damaged car.. I was really frustrated.. I did 1.36 high laps.. without these maybe I would have a chance to score some points..

I want to congrat to my teammate Gergo Baldi he did an amazing job today.. thanks for my racing engineers Peter Szanto , and team owner Ernesto de Angelis they helped me a lot to setup the car.. so I'm really sorry now I couldn't score any point..

From GPCOS:

I'm very happy with this result, first points for FTS were long overdue!

I had a solid Q1 lap and the Q2 lap began very well, but the race setup didn't feel as stable as the setup I used for Q1 and a few mistakes cost me a couple of positions, hence 8th place on grid.
During the start I again had latency issues with cars warping past on both sides, lost 3 positions. With overtaking in the queue being nearly impossible, I made a calculated risk to pit one lap earlier than what my fuel allowed.This worked swiftly and suddenly I found myself in P4, just a couple of seconds behind Jaakko.
In the remaining race I had to compromise somewhat because of my earlier first pit stop. I was able to keep Baldi behind until the final pit stops where he jumped me. Later he made a mistake making it easy for me to re-pass. The next lap we were alongside in turn 6, unfortunately I had no room and was forced wide over the kerb. I think the move was a bit against the rules, but I take it as a lack of experience from the driver, so I feel no need to protest it this time.

In the final laps I was a bit worried about Lapchin, but luckily he made a couple of mistakes which made it easy enough for me to finish fifth. Overall this was almost an optimal result, minus the one place lost, so this definitely increased my confidence after a difficult start to the season.

Well not totally what i had hoped for
I missed Q2 by a margin of 0.085 or something to be in top 10
So 13th on the grid
The start went from 13th to 7th then passed Lapchin for 6th

Then i found myself stuck behind Baldi he had good racepace
Finally i managed to pass him for 5th place
Then everybody made their pitstop and i found myself in the lead for 1 lap WOOOOOOO
Then after my pitstop i had battles with some drivers,,,,,,,,Then Raino Room made a overoptimistic move on me leaving me no room at the track there was simply no space anymore losing valuable positions
Trying to fight back passing Pushke and Room later on
In the end an deserved 8th place

See ya

First Good job bono for this win.

Welcome to Shanghai, a chinese track where a smooth driving is required, and disadvantages me a little.

Q1: I made 1 try in Q1 setup and after i was training for Q2. P1.
Q2: Again i am the last to start. Need to evacuate the pressure, it is closer than the last races.
I made a little mistake in T2 and loose allmost 0.1sec on Sector1
- After this i push very hard and made a marvelous Sector 3.
POLE POSITION ! Me and the yellow helmet did it again ! But still, i was worried for race pace!

Race : I start very good with a excellent reaction time but Precisions car have a awesome gearing!
It surprises me and i try to block huis, but i react too late and he pass me when i try to avoid him.
I follow the pace of huis but the tyre wear was bad with the conditions, dirty air etc, and i have too much oversteer.
Feeling not totally well on the tyres after messing them up, i did a mistake in the last corner as well and spun!
I try to come back to huis, i gained allmost 2sec during the 1/3 of the second stint but a Rseat.fr driver blocks me!
I literally had to jump on the brake in order to avoid this! In 2 corners i lost the advantage i had during 4/5 laps, over 1.5sec.
So i come back in the 9.5s/10s and i begin to drive very easy to reach the finish line. I had nothing to gain. Huis is too far in front and the others are far behind. So i drive lonely 65% of the race. Not so exciting race for me. I didn't expect a win here so the 2nd place was the aim today.
Monaco or Valencia will be better for me, I look forward!

Very good job of Yannick lapchin, with a difficult car goes to p6 6th! Good job Chaplin!
Thanks to ATR Management, InsideSimracing.tv, and all my supporters! See you on the other side!

From GPCOS:

"Q: Not what i was hoping for. But is was all close.

R: Had a brilliant start. From P18 to P13 in 1 lap. Then i could hang on to Rainieri who went wide in lap2 at the last corner. Raino overtook me and into the first corner someone hit me hard from the back and make me spun and loose a lot of positions. Fight my way back to behind Brljak but couldn't do any attacking attempts due to his higher top speed.
P12 was the max for this race after my incident not happy but its a first finish of the season.

Grats to Bono who had a good race and also good job for the rest of the podium finishers.

Thnx to our team members and RS Evo!"

"Q1: As I really don't like this track I knew that I might not go through Q1 but I just did it with a 9th position.

Q2: 4th position after a clean lap was very good once again.

R: I made a nice start, then PM cars boosted :D
I managed to take 3rd position in T1 and keep up with the 2 front runners as they were fighting a liitle bit. Then a silly silly mistake on last turn, made me lost a place to Mikkonen and start fighting with him and Tali for 3rd position. I passed Mikkonen again for 3rd as Tali did so. Then I made some good defending against Tali for 3-4 laps, but in lap 13, in T1 while I had the inside line, Tali had the outside, we made contact, he spun and I kept the car really hard on track not to spin too. Tali was pointing the apex like I wasn't there at all in that point but I guess this is what I have to expect fighting for highier positions infront. Then my first stop was a disaster. First I missed the last right hander corner, losing 3rd position again by Mikkonen, but in the turn for the pitlane, Mikkonen made a Lewis Hamilton and I passed him back! :p
But I missed for some meters the speed limiter and got a nice drive through penalty finding myself back in 13th place i think. Only thing i had in mind there was to finish the race, not to push. Although I had a hard battle with Masciulli in lap 22 or 23 i think when i overtook him in T1-T2. After that I overtook Philipp in lap 33 and managed to come infront of De Wit after my last stop. That was it, a 7th place in a track that doesn't like me!"

1 st did not wanted to react on this matter
You gave me no space at all i don,t mind that you overtake me no matter from how far behind,
But giving me no room at the track at all forcing me off the track there was no more room RAINO
And now i hear u protest for an incident much much less you had room you just expect that everybody makes room for you as this is not the case
I did not wanted to protest u but now you force me to do so since you protest me based on what?
Don,t like these things that whenever silly things happens we protest bigtime
You very lucky i don,t protest u
Sorry this had to be said

i know that it was my fault at incident what happened on 15, i just showed with this video bc in real F1 happened allmost same thing, it was meant with funny,
also i was going to protest against you (T2 incident) because i thought that you will protest against me :D

I dont protest if you also dont protest against me.
(if i read GPCOS comment, i was 101% sure you will protest)

i know that it was my fault at incident what happened on 15, i just showed with this video bc in real F1 happened allmost same thing, it was meant with funny,
also i was going to protest against you (T2 incident) because i thought that you will protest against me :D

I dont protest if you also dont protest against me.
(if i read GPCOS comment, i was 101% sure you will protest)
No mate i was not gonna protest you thats why i find it strange you protesting me i was not gonna protest at all but please guve a bit more space next time i witdrawl my protest on you now see ya at next race

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back