1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Race #02, Malaysia: Race Briefing

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by David Dominguez, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Welcome to the second race of the FSR 2012 World Trophy season at Malaysia! You will find the password for this event by logging on GPCOS and looking at the password field which is next to the server's IP address.

Before proceeding to the event, pay attention to the following:
    • Remember to read the updated 2012 rules package from here
    • Remember to join the game with the FSR Manager software running, as described in the pre-race and post-race procedures
    • A pre-qualifying session is organized and is mandatory for all drivers (see the schedule and listings below)
    Following drivers have gained the right to participate in Pre-Qualifying:

Pre-qualifying Group 1/2 (25):

Pre-qualifying Group 2/2 (25):

Schedule:

The Pre-Qualifying session will be 10 minutes in length, split in two sessions. The sessions will be run in Private mode without Parc Ferme. The sessions will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running. The top 26 from Pre-Qualifying will make it in to Grid 1.

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

Qualifying will be split to two sessions (10 + 5 minutes). Both sessions will run in non-private mode (all cars will be visible on track at the same time). Qualifying 1 will be run with free setup while Qualifying 2 has Parc Ferme enforced. Parc Ferme will only allow you to change your fuel load, tire compound, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying 2. Qualifying 2 session will be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 42 laps long. Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents.

2. Top 10in championship advanced to grid1 automaticaly rigth???? or did i miss something.

3. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

"The top 26 from Pre-Qualifying will make it in to Grid 1."

4. After 3rd race top10 from standings advance automaticaly i think ....

5. Mark said if the top 10 of the Championship is allowed to take part in Grid 1 without make any Prequaly, like another years. But it seems that in this new season you have to do the Prequaly until the first three races, then if you are in the Top 10 Championship you don't have to do Prequaly.
    When the Director show up he will confirm that I guess.

6. As far as I know top 10 doesn't have to prequalify.

7. 5.2
    Pre-qualifying is mandatory for everyone, except for the current top 10 drivers in the WT
    Championship, who have automatic rights to participate in the Grid 1 race.

Above is in rule book, also cant find anything back that it is after 3 races or something thats why i ask. Im sure David will clarify what it is now.

As for Random, could you please use youre name in youre signature on this forum, i have no idea who im talking with now. In FSR we use our real names so everyone knows who they talk with also on forum. Thanks.:)

8. I cannot find something about 3 races, I dont know if I read it somewhere or I dream it haha xD So it seems top 10 doesn't have to do prequalify.

9. so top 10 from last race should be in g1 automaticaly same as the last 5 years ive raced here lol

1. (3)
    +2 Petar Brljak
    Twister-Racing
    2. (1)
    -1 Andreas Nilsson
    Twister-Racing
    3. (7)
    +4 Juhani Åhlman
    GhostSpeed Racing Team
    4. (4)
    - Mark Aalberts
    GhostSpeed Racing Team
    5. (17)
    +12 Maximilian Melamed
    ATR Development
    6. (10)
    +4 Caner Basol
    GS Pro Engineering
    7. (19)
    +12 Rob Swindells
    Netrex Junior
    8. (12)
    +4 Maurice Brackhahn
    ETERNAL Grand Prix
    9. (5)
    -4 Benjamin Burmeister
    GT Omega Racing
    10. (25)
    +15 Eduard Kõre

10. My fault :) thanks guys. Doing the race biefring at ~3AM has some problems sometimes :D

11. lol no probs david get on server and lets get goin :p

12. Hmm server prequal 2 hvis running with the wrong server settings, i said it in chat but nothing where done..

Rules say for WT that:
    Traction control LOW
    Anti-Lock brakes LOW
    are allowed, but you could not choose it :/

13. Yeah apparently the server profiles were wrong, but it was the same on the first group I guess...

14. why the hell do people keep chatting and joining the server through the whole session? even someone had a mismatch in the session.

@Thomas, just use whispers and don´t annoy everyone else with your chat

15. Yes it was the same in PQ1

16. Well when server setting aint right, i dont se it wrong to try to get it fixed :)

But ok i remember for next time. But plz check that out before races again...

17. Agree...Couldnt focus on my lap because each 10sec someone joins..

18. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Damn it because of that chatting I ended up in G2!!!

19. I agree chatting while and server pop ups are annoying but it's not enough to ruin your lap to the extent of not being able to hit G1, atleast thats my feelings.