Race #01, Bahrain: Post-Race Discussion

Everything went absolutely perfect until my screen froze, the computer made a loud noise, and then a blue screen came up telling me that there was some serious error, so the computer restarted and here I am. I can't describe the disappointment and anger I feel right now. I felt really ready to race, and then this happens...

Everything started with lag and ended with it also. In Q couldn't make decent lap at all, top 10 was possible. Race was same, lag, frustration and noob spin after pitstop ended my "perfect" day.

Race was dissapointing, but the biggest dissapointment was canapino's ping.. that was terrible mate nearly took 4 cars out.. i know its not your fault but.. wow.. i feared for my life lol !

Well not the Season start i had hoped for but the racing spirit is still there:)
Q went really bad 0,6 from my pb even so if i had set my pb or close to it maybe problaby could have gone to Q2
But instead i Qualified 13th just behind my teammate Agustin who was 12th
Had a good start and went from 13th to 9th at some point then lost some spots due to fighting other cars
Then Tried to overtake Saxen which worked was a good move just not touching Kerkhof in the heat was great:)
Then 2 turns later Saxen tried to took the position back and almpost worked but 2 cars trough that turn is a bit too tidy and he spun we touched each other but really light.
The last battle came with the new guy(Jim Parisis) we had awesome battles some turn after each other next to each other heheh
Finally managed to overtake him he did not make it easy but we need this kind of people in FSR hard racers:) hehehe
Well i could have had p12 today but my engine said otherwise:(
See ya next week

Everything went as I expected in Q1.
I didn't have the "best" Q setup and the result was ok to me.
In the begining of the formation lap I made the worst mistake ever and I stole my engine.
Then I started from pitlane.
The whole race was lonely and I was only hoped for some DNFs.
Finally I was up to 12 place and P De Wit was just behind me after his 2nd stop.
It was a very hard, good, and clean battle and I really enjoy it!
Congrats Patrick great fight! ;)
Then I just brought it to finish in 12 place.
Not a good debute but this is life, this is FSR, and I will be here to fight!
See you all in Melbourne!
Congrats to Huis and all the finishers!

GPCOS:
First race of the season was a thrilling one. I didn’t had the best preparation for this race. Managing the team and a long focus on iRacing made me able to start testing 1,5 week ago. After finding the right settings and figuring out the mod I decently found some pace nearing this weekend. Lucky for me the team did a great job on the setup already and it was a matter of finetuning to get the good pace.

Q1: Way off pace, I expected a low 1.27 there, but it didn’t really matter. We were easy safe for top 10.

Q2: Horrible lap! Didn’t expect to near my pb there but a 1.28.3 on medium tires was possible. Was quite a letdown, but was happy about my teammate Nilsson!

R: What can I say. I went nuts when I saw Nilsson lose connection. That had a great impact for me in the formation lap. But I had to focus on the race.

My start was good and in the first turn, all kind of cars appeared and disappeared in front, next, behind me. I didn’t know where to go and later in the first lap it caused a massive off track, losing some positions. In my hurry getting back on track, I lost 15% of my engine health and for the whole first stint I had to save engine by driving very careful. So the first stint I was just being careful and saving as much engine as I could. After the pitstop things looked more safe and I was able to start thinking about pushing the car a bit. I was stuck behind Puumalainen who drove a very stable good race, like we know him. Everytime when I got closer, my rear end of the car started sliding desperately in the dirty air. So the last 15 laps was pretty much about closing the gap, making mistake, closing the gap etc. Was fun actually!

Grats to Bono, Greco and Mikkonen. And I’m sorry for Fred, he deserved this win and I’m sure he would’ve been up there without the disconnection.

Bottomline is that the season has started bittersweet. A big dark cloud called Fredriks blue screen of death is hanging above the great 2nd place of Greco. About my own result I can only be happy this race. Lacking feeling still and already on speed, so things will be better in the upcoming races.
Thanks to everybody in the Twister-Racing team. We came from far, it was a difficult period, and I’m sure success will come. Also thanks to the whole FSR board for doing a great job again on this competition. See ya next week.

Race was dissapointing, but the biggest dissapointment was canapino's ping.. that was terrible mate nearly took 4 cars out.. i know its not your fault but.. wow.. i feared for my life lol !

agree...
i have 400ms canapino and 330ms disley ping... another driver have 150/170ms... we can't follow a guy with these pings...

From GPCOS:

Q1: 27.899, very relieved with this, was worried about making the top 10
Q2: 29.469, terrible lap, 'nuff said...

Race:

I had a good reaction time to the lights, took it easy in to T1 and lost some positions. During the first lap a lot of people were going off in front of me, I went from 9 or 10th to 6th.

I knew my pace was ok, but I also knew I probably couldn't challenge the guys in front of me, so I just focused on keeping a steady rhythm and saving the car.

I had a lot of issues with braking on this track, so I 'm very happy with finishing 5th in the end with holding off Atze basicly the entire race.

Congrats to Bono and the rest of the podium.

Disappointed that race pace was in mid pack (still can't figure quali) but not to be with easy oversight. Thanks to AERO for the opportunity to race, even if today it was measured in inches.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back