Race #01, Australia: Post-Race Checks

Or just logical thinking because the next corner would be the fast right hander and if you would have been on the outside there going into that corner u would have no chance of gaining a position.

Outside pass often succeed there. I managed it before in the race, and some other people managed it also (Philipp in the last lap, on me).
IMHO crossing the line here is harder than overtaking outside (because the inside curb is not complete, and because when inside you have to be ahead the other driver before this following turn, or the attempt there will be considered as a divebomb). Keeping much speed outside is the best option I think, also for the following turn, which leads to a slow left hander.
Overtake outside here is not that "illogical" to me.

The commentators were quick to point out even as soon as the WS broadcast that an outside move in Ascari was one of the most favored overtaking points of the weekend.

First of all kimi was in front of lewis, and lapchin was not in front of dian. My opinion remains if one is not ahead before entering the corner he better not assume the driver he wants to overtake just lets him passed. Dian did not even close the door but if i where in dian his shoes i would close that door right down, this is my corner, its racing. not olympic games.

The commentators were quick to point out even as soon as the WS broadcast that an outside move in Ascari was one of the most favored overtaking points of the weekend.
Oh well because the commentators said that i will completely turn my opinion around, after all they are driving on track or ? huh, i dont get it, weird

Outside pass often succeed there. I managed it before in the race, and some other people managed it also (Philipp in the last lap, on me).
IMHO crossing the line here is harder than overtaking outside (because the inside curb is not complete, and because when inside you have to be ahead the other driver before this following turn, or the attempt there will be considered as a divebomb). Keeping much speed outside is the best option I think, also for the following turn, which leads to a slow left hander.
Overtake outside here is not that "illogical" to me.
its not innlogical but like u said, if ur not ahead before turning in the corner than forget it. which reminds me, u where not ahead in the video so u discribe yourself as a divebomb ?

Chris, the point of it all is, the FSR rules clearly state that when a car is alongside you have to leave room, so the overtaking driver doesn´t need a plan b as long as he leaves room for the other car. We don´t want racing like you often see in Formula one where the driver on the outside simply gets driven off the track. So as long as both drivers follow the rules an outside pass or overtaking attempt should not result in contact.

So I didn't leave him a room to take the corner from outside? I see space maybe for 2 or 3 cars from outside, where I should go in the grass, to let him to take the corner how he wants. I was front him with a little, so I decide how much to push him and how much room to leave him. For me if I am from neutral point of view, it's a racing incident, we both touched our side wheels and he had bad luck to bump. And Jack and Frederik blocked me like the same situation, we didn't send a protest because we think is increadible to want a penalty for that.

Chris, the point of it all is, the FSR rules clearly state that when a car is alongside you have to leave room, so the overtaking driver doesn´t need a plan b as long as he leaves room for the other car. We don´t want racing like you often see in Formula one where the driver on the outside simply gets driven off the track. So as long as both drivers follow the rules an outside pass or overtaking attempt should not result in contact.
u dont want racing like in real formula one and then the FSR 2013 presentation video is full of crashes, gg

So I didn't leave him a room to take the corner from outside? I see space maybe for 2 or 3 cars from outside, where I should go in the grass, to let him to take the corner how he wants. I was front him with a little, so I decide how much to push him and how much room to leave him. For me if I am from neutral point of view, it's a racing incident, we both touched our side wheels and he had bad luck to bump. And Jack and Frederik blocked me like the same situation, we didn't send a protest because we think is increadible to want a penalty for that.

What I said was in no way a judgement of the Incident. Maybe I should have made that clear, but about the posts Chris made.

If I may state my opinion on this matter, I believe that Dian had the right to defend the corner. Lapchin gets a god run going into the corner, gets his nose ahead making it Dian's right to try to defend again up the inside for the next corner. (We see this in F1 all the time) Dian had the inside line, and was far enough along the side of Lapchin's car to be able to retake the position. However, in the braking zone, you can clearly see the rear of Dian's car slide to the left after he started turning. I believe that this was either caused by misjudgement in braking or being to eager to get back on the throttle (I don't have telemetry). This little "loss of control", is a reason to call this particular incident, a racing incident as it was unfortunate that Lapchin was on the outside of Kostadinov as this little mistake was made. Dian clearly didn't run him off the road intentionally. This kind of mistake is seen in formula 1 commonly, but the attacking car, is never really trying to go around the outside.

Anyway, thats my view on this matter...

Thanks Guys..

After some happenings, what I OFFICIALLY want to state is that NetRex GP is going to appeal Kostadinov's case in no way considering it a tragedy created by the director.
Once again I feel the need to repeat what NetRex always said about this and which was made unclear in this post by first Dian's reply and maybe even by mine when I used the word "incredible": our team believes in respect as the base of our relations and if it went against that to anyone, the team officially apolgizes. We back up the work of volunteers like we always did and have that in high consideration. We are not flawless like all the others.
The appeal will be made just 'cause we think that can be read as a racing incident or, in the worse case, as a warning and we only found the penalty to be too harsh. This is why second grade justice is provided but in no way we intend to disrespect what Mikko does for the club in his role.

If things went a bit chaotic is 'cause behind the scenes we felt unrespected as well but I hope and think all is now going back in to the right direction.

I will not comment any incident, I never did, felt the need to explain reasons of the appeal just for this special case.

Honestly, i see that driver making a mistake braking to late, lock up and slide into the other driver. Probaly this caused some damage as well with that hit? He need to respect the other driver and not cut him off like that! Here a mistake led to that "cut off" but its like that imo :) Fair with any penalty by the admins here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 481 38.9%