Race #01, Australia: Post-Race Checks

The appeal deadline is Thursday the 11th of April @ 16:17 GMT, send your appeals to fsradmin@gmail.com.

Bono Huis

Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Log: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Lap 21, 47
GPCOS: Ok
Penalty: N/A

Jack Keithley

Pitstop: Lap 19, 46
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #1

Fredrik Nilsson

Pitstop: Lap 17, 45
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #7

Dian Kostadinov

Log: Save All Replay Sessions="0" (.PLR setting)
Pitstop: Lap 25
Penalty: Official Warning for log infraction, 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #6

Philipp Puschke

Pitstop: Lap 19, 45

Yannick Lapchin

Pitstop: Lap 11, 26, 40

Gergo Baldi

Pitstop: Lap 20, 45

Rasmus Tali

Q2: N/A
Pitstop: Lap 1, 28

Blair Disley

Pitstop: Lap 9, 21, 33, 45

Patrick De Wit

Pitstop: Lap 18, 48
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #8

John-Eric Saxen

Pitstop: Lap 18, 44

Zsolt Nagy

Pitstop: Lap 29, 42

Zuhaitz Cabo

Q1: Wrong file sent (Practice session 1)
Pitstop: Lap 29
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Q1 file submit infraction

Moises Rondon

Q1: Wrong file sent (Practice session 1)
Log: .tmp log, MercedesGP_main.mas mismatch
Pitstop: Lap 28
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Q1 file submit infraction, Disqualification for .tmp log and mismatch

Ivar Kalamees

Pitstop: Lap 21, 47

Eros Masciulli

Pitstop: Lap 2, 12, 35, 47, 52

Giuseppe Marconi

Pitstop: Lap 12, 42

Morgan Morand

Pitstop: Lap 19, 46

Marcel vd Linden

Pitstop: N/A
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #5

Jernej Simoncic

Pitstop: Lap 4

Peter Varga

Log: .tmp log
Penalty: No penalty for .tmp log since driver DNF

Ville Leppälä

Q1: Started from the back of the grid

Incidents:

Driver(s) Involved: Jack Keithley and Morgan Morand

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 1 - 3:28

Review: Keithley is approaching the braking zone for T1 behind Morand and Huis. As Morand and Huis behind their braking, Keithley brakes too late and makes moderate contact with the rear of Morand's car, causing damage based on the graphical evidence in Morand's rear suspension.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Jack Keithley

Driver(s) Involved: Rasmus Tali, Patrick De Wit, Dian Kostadinov and Jernej Simoncic

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 1 - 3:43

Review: The group are approaching the braking zone for T3. As they begin braking, Tali brakes too late and hits the back of De Wit, losing his own front wing and most likely causing damage to De Wit. Meanwhile Simoncic and Kostadinov seem to warp through eachother.

Verdict: Nothing, since De Wit was the only victim in this and the protest didn't originate from Netrex.

Driver(s) Involved: Jernej Simoncic

Lap/Replay Time: End of lap 3 and the all lap 4

Review: Simoncic loses his front wing exiting the final corner on lap 3. He then continues to drive relatively fast for the first sector of the lap, causing dangerous moments for the cars catching him.

Verdict: Nothing, not protested by a team affected by his actions (Netrex, GS, FTS, GTO or PSR)

Driver(s) Involved: Marconi - Masciulli

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 12 - 21min 33sec

Review: Marconi is side by side with Cabo as they exit T7. Cabo is on Marconi's inside as Marconi moves too much towards the inside edge of the track, causing contact. Marconi spins to the outside wall in the long righthander of T8. He waits for the 2 cars behind him to pass before trying to spin his car and rejoin. As he spins his car, Masciulli is quickly approaching the scene. Because of the track layout in this section, Masciulli doesn't see Marconi until he's very close to his stationary car, which is now on the racing line. Masciulli attempts to avoid Marconi on the inside grass, but Marconi moves slightly more towards the inside edge of the track, and the two make contact, resulting in damage to both cars.

Verdict: Racing Incident, Marconi waited until the track seemed clear to rejoin, unfortunately Masciulli was a little further down the road still.

Driver(s) Involved: Gergo Baldi - Marcel van der Linden

Lap/Replay Time: 21/ 34min, 23 sec.

Review: VD Linden is approaching T1 behing Baldi, who is exiting the pits. Baldi has to take a slow entry line because of the pitexit and VD Linden misjudges his speed slightly, making light contact with the left rear wheel of Baldi, causing Baldi's car to jump slightly and lose momentum, allowing Keithley to pass him exiting the corner.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Marcel van der Linden

Driver(s) Involved: Kostadinov - Lapchin

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 27 - 44min 33sec

Review: Kostadinov and Lapchin are approaching T13, with Lapchin behind and in the slipstream of Kostadinov. Kostadinov defends the inside and Lapchin goes on the outside as they approach the braking zone. Kostadinov's nose is pointed towards the outside of the track as they begin braking, this combined with Kostadinov's track position means that Kostadinov won't be able to keep his car on the inside edge of the track when they reach the apex. As they turn in to the corner, Kostadinov locks his brakes and understeers in to the side of Lapchin, forcing him off track and keeping the position.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Dian Kostadinov

Driver(s) Involved: Nilsson - Lapchin

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 49 - 77min 05sec

Review: Nilsson and Lapchin are approaching T11 side by side, with Lapchin on the inside. Nilsson's front wheels are level with Lapchin's rear wheels as they reach the turn-in point. Nilsson appears to expect Lapchin to either miss the entry and go wide, or take a very tight line and hug the inside wall. Lapchin however takes a slightly wider entry, resulting in Nilsson touching his right rear wheel, and causing Lapchin to spin and lose a significant amount of time.

Verdict: 1.0 Penalty Points for Fredrik Nilsson, ideally this would've been a time penalty, but in order to drop Nilsson behind Lapchin in the standings, Nilsson would've had to receive a +30s time penalty, which would've dropped him down to 9th, which would've been too much.

Driver(s) Involved: Patrick de Wit - Blair Disley

Lap/Replay Time: 58/ 91min, 07 sec.

Review: De Wit is following Disley as they approach the 2nd to last corner, De Wit is 2-3 car lengths behind. De Wit brakes very late and locks his front left tire, causing him to slide in to the side of Disley which forces Disley to go off track. De Wit spins and loses time, ensuring that Disley keeps the position.

Verdict: 1.0 Penalty Points for Patrick De Wit, if he had kept the position then this would've been a big penalty

I see some strange decisions. First about my penalty against Lapchin, you typed it wrong, must be #6 incident. Second, does not matter whether i locked up the wheels or not, during the corner at the apex I am in my inside part of the corner where is ideal line, he cutted into me and touched. OK it's fine 0.5 points. Third, it is strange the decision where you didn't give time penalty to Nilsson. He won position by Lapchin after hit behind, Lapchin could finish upper in the standing, also Fredrik, wont be able to attack me if he lost more time behind Lapchin, where he was 1-2 secounds slower. I think that is all, sorry i am not angry in my tone, just want from Mikko one explanation about his decisions at all. Thanks.

I see some strange decisions. First about my penalty against Lapchin, you typed it wrong, must be #6 incident. Second, does not matter whether i locked up the wheels or not, during the corner at the apex I am in my inside part of the corner where is ideal line, he cutted into me and touched. OK it's fine 0.5 points. Third, it is strange the decision where you didn't give time penalty to Nilsson. He won position by Lapchin after hit behind, Lapchin could finish upper in the standing, also Fredrik, wont be able to attack me if he lost more time behind Lapchin, where he was 1-2 secounds slower. I think that is all, sorry i am not angry in my tone, just want from Mikko one explanation about his decisions at all. Thanks.
Yea it was Incident #6, I put #5 there accidentally. I edited it now. As for explanations, I gave them in my reviews.

Concerning "Log: .tmp log, MercedesGP_main.mas mismatch"

I would appreciate if you could give additional explanation as the Jasco Spain car is a LOTUS, and we are confused.

Concerning "Log: .tmp log,MercedesGP_main.mas mismatch"

I would appreciate if you could give additional explanation as the Jasco Spain car is a LOTUS, and we are confused.
I can see from the manager log that the MercedesGP_main.mas file is different than the one on simsync. Either it has been edited or perhaps it was corrupted during the download, I'd suggest removing it manually (the exact location is: GameData\Vehicles\FSR2013\TEAMS\Mas\MercedesGP_main.mas) and then redownloading it with simsync. While it may not impact your driver's car directly, we still need to avoid having mismatches.

The Disqualification is a result of the .tmp file being sent, it is only used in cases where a driver's computer crashes during a race and so the manager fails to write the proper .fsr log file on the harddrive.

I can see from the manager log that the MercedesGP_main.mas file is different than the one on simsync. Either it has been edited or perhaps it was corrupted during the download, I'd suggest removing it manually (the exact location is: GameData\Vehicles\FSR2013\TEAMS\Mas\MercedesGP_main.mas) and then redownloading it with simsync. While it may not impact your driver's car directly, we still need to avoid having mismatches.

The Disqualification is a result of the .tmp file being sent, it is only used in cases where a driver's computer crashes during a race and so the manager fails to write the proper .fsr log file on the harddrive.

Thank you for your explanation. We will proceed removing that file. However, if the disqualification is for the tmp, I kindly ask to revise this penalty, according to the criteria followed in other cases.

Ok, next time if I crash behind someone from PM or Twister, i will expect same penalty as Nilsson. Whatever I will have 1.5 points left. Good example give us Mikko.

One of your team mates had the same penalty for doing something quite worse (because one thing is misjudging the space given while being side to side, and another thing is braking 80m later), I don't know why do you think the RD is biased.

On a side note, I hope some team managers will learn that you can only protest things that affected your team directly (unless you want to report constant cutting from some driver), at least 1/3 of the protests were simply invalid, and gives extra work for the director.

You know what? I first needed to control myself, then wanted to reply to this but then again I'm thinking why on earth I should waste my energies on arguing on this. For surely I'd hoped other managers would have had the same control not to post "the religious truth" like "your teammates did something quite worse". Have to say I would never expect such a statement from David who I consider a very intelligent guy and "collegue".

Instead of arguing, as always, I will simply follow the rules and appeal what I find a simply incredible post race report.

nobody gains or looses anything if i say my opinion but from a personal point of view i just have to say i personally disagree with the decision to give Dian a penalty. In my eyes one who wants to pass better have a plan b ready before overtaking, except if one is already in front which in this case was not the case. but in the end its a point of view, just hope we wont get DRS and KERS next year. Gr Chris

7.2 The procedure: a team can protest to the WC Director for a race incident. The WC Director will make
a decision, if the team does not agree they can appeal to Court of Appeal within 72 hours of the
decision. CoA decisions can be appealed in accordance with the CoA Statutes.
7.3 If the CoA is inactive for any reason, it will be the responsibility of the main Race Directors of the
various divisions within FSR to handle these appeals. This temporary ”CoA” will have it's own rules
and regulations:
----------------------------------------------------------

Have to say it's some kind of hybrid as for sure appeals aren't handled by main directors but by three judges (so it's not the secondary COA) still I can't consider current COA as the pure one ruled by COA statutes.

So I'd say president clarify please the current deadline if it's 48 or 72 hours. For me nothing changes actually as appeals will be submitted tomorrow but it's good thing to be estabilished.

What do you call a plan b ?
Pretty simple Yannick, when Dian was at the right side of the track and u on the left, as a driver u should know that he will never have a better exit speed out of that corner. So imagine yourself braking 5 or 10 meters earlier in order to get underneath ( passing him on the inside line ) him instead of wanting to overtake him on the outside.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back