1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

R3E: Zakspeed Capri and BMW E30 Available

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Bram, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

R3E: Zakspeed Capri and BMW E30 Available

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Hi guys, is the handling the same as in closed beta right now?

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Retro Heaven ...

4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

If you mean, rather good, then that would be yes. though to tell the truth, i cant remember anything about the handling that i didnt like in the closed beta.
    Can you be more specific please?

As for todays news, I bought the NEW hill climb and the Capri. Havent tried the course yet but the Zakspeed is nuts. I love it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dude in the video has some skills! Glad to get these two new cars but I'm even more excited about all the other cars that have been greyed out these last few weeks. Any word on the Zonda, Ford GT1 etc? Those are what I really want. And they've been greyed out in game even before the M3 was announced!

6. The BMW E30 is freken awesome!!! :D

7. I really like the new hill-climb course - b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. I only tried the E30 but, drives great. I can't wait to try the Capri.

Update: Okay - the Capri is a beast! The way you have to finesse the throttle as the turbo and the rpm's reach that certain point and then the power hits hard and the rear breaks loose - brilliant fun! It's nice and squirly under hard braking too - great job SimBin. Yes, I'll take more please!:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Agreed.. absolutely loving this Capri. Lotsa great cars already available but I think it's my new favorite.

9. Just tried the Capri on Portimao .. What a monster!
    Loving that turbo and feels really nice when going sideways :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. disappointed with the BMW, thought the sounds might have been a bit better

11. I sailed across the ocean with Columbus to discover the Americas. I landed on the moon with Armstrong. I've raced an E30 on Le Mans going backwards while the race was going forwards. If anyone knows what E30 sounds like, it's me. If it were anymore real the game would require you to sign a waiver so that you couldn't sue incase of your immenent injury.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Cool:thumbsup:

I've raced him on a bicycle but he used better EPO than me :thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Haha ok will take your word for it

14. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I will dare to say opinion about RRRE after driving Capri around Portimao in GetReal mode. Within driving it, I donĀ“t need to shift with clutch, there is no need for heel/toe technic, I can brake with downshifting without fear to spin the car or destroy the engine, it is almost impossible to spin that turbo monster on curve exit ... and so one. I have driven this car in DRM mod and must say, that is completely different expirience and compared to AC (both games are in some sort of beta stage), it is pure arcade. I am maybe wrong and for sure very opened for different stands, but that`s my impression after 20+ hours of driving various RRRE cars.
    Cheers :).

15. One man's Simulation is another man's Arcade Racer!:)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

Here is a vid of the ''arcade'' Capri. After 1 lap of driving without the clutch the gearbox gets damaged and some gears refuse to work and goes into neutral with down shifting. Also the gear box begins to make noises. Finally its complete kaput.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Great example of what I didn`t feel when I drove Capri on Portimao in (try before buy) GetReal mode. I will buy Bathurst and M3 to see, what was wrong with me (or with the game) yesterday. Tnx for the video and I hope, I didn`t hurt anybody`s feelings with my previous post :thumbsup:.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

You don't hurd anybody here.
    I can drive without the clutch and no damage. But when I do fast downshifting and use to high revs it gets damage. I also spin in the first 3 gears when I'm not carefull.

• Like Like x 2
  19. became my favorite too, I just got the ferrari p4/5 too, it is my other favoutrite now