R3E: Zakspeed Capri and BMW E30 Available

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

R3E: Zakspeed Capri and BMW E30 Available

Simbin released their two highly anticipated classic cars for RaceRoom Racing Experience: the BMW E30 M3 and the Zakspeed Capri. Both cars can be raced for free in the so called Try Before You Buy challenge.

To make the experience complete the Swedish developers also threw their brand new hillclimb course in the mix. The infamous R3E apex markers have been replaced with something special to celebrate the upcoming holiday season....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
If you mean, rather good, then that would be yes. though to tell the truth, i cant remember anything about the handling that i didnt like in the closed beta.
Can you be more specific please?

As for todays news, I bought the NEW hill climb and the Capri. Havent tried the course yet but the Zakspeed is nuts. I love it!

Dude in the video has some skills! Glad to get these two new cars but I'm even more excited about all the other cars that have been greyed out these last few weeks. Any word on the Zonda, Ford GT1 etc? Those are what I really want. And they've been greyed out in game even before the M3 was announced!

I really like the new hill-climb course - b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. I only tried the E30 but, drives great. I can't wait to try the Capri.

Update: Okay - the Capri is a beast! The way you have to finesse the throttle as the turbo and the rpm's reach that certain point and then the power hits hard and the rear breaks loose - brilliant fun! It's nice and squirly under hard braking too - great job SimBin. Yes, I'll take more please!:)

disappointed with the BMW, thought the sounds might have been a bit better

I sailed across the ocean with Columbus to discover the Americas. I landed on the moon with Armstrong. I've raced an E30 on Le Mans going backwards while the race was going forwards. If anyone knows what E30 sounds like, it's me. If it were anymore real the game would require you to sign a waiver so that you couldn't sue incase of your immenent injury.

I sailed across the ocean with Columbus to discover the Americas. I landed on the moon with Armstrong. I've raced an E30 on Le Mans going backwards while the race was going forwards. If anyone knows what E30 sounds like, it's me. If it were anymore real the game would require you to sign a waiver so that you couldn't sue incase of your immenent injury.

Haha ok will take your word for it

I will dare to say opinion about RRRE after driving Capri around Portimao in GetReal mode. Within driving it, I don´t need to shift with clutch, there is no need for heel/toe technic, I can brake with downshifting without fear to spin the car or destroy the engine, it is almost impossible to spin that turbo monster on curve exit ... and so one. I have driven this car in DRM mod and must say, that is completely different expirience and compared to AC (both games are in some sort of beta stage), it is pure arcade. I am maybe wrong and for sure very opened for different stands, but that`s my impression after 20+ hours of driving various RRRE cars.
Cheers :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back