R3E Update Preview - Multi Monitor Support, New Cars, Physics Updates and Lots More...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Callaway Corvette.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed some highlights from the upcoming November update, it's a big one...

The new patch looks likely to bring some of the biggest improvements and features to the simulation in recent months, with such interesting and much requested support for triple screen support, new 64bit launcher, three new GT3 cars, brand new physics and improvements to the current GT3 vehicles in the game and quite a bit more on top!

It has been a while since Sector3 Studios pushed out a new update for RaceRoom Racing Experience, and despite a few little previews coming from the studio the general feeling amongst the community in recent weeks has been one of frustration as players continue to wait for the next set of updates to hit the simulation.

It appears from todays preview information release that the Swedish developers are gunning for a rather tasty looking patch indeed, adding plenty of the stuff players have been patiently waiting for as well as a couple of little extras we've not been expecting...

You can check out the details of the upcoming November patch released by Sector3 below:

64bits
After the patch you will be able to choose between a 64bits executable or the traditional 32bits version. Provided that your operating system is 64bits, selecting the 64bits executable will allow the game to use as much RAM as it needs from your system, instead of the limited access to 4GB of the 32bits version.

Until now, the game was limited to use under 4GB of your available RAM, resulting in crashes when you attempted to load many cars on a big track like the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
After the update this will no longer be an issue for 64bit users.

NOTE: You need a 64-bit operating system and sufficient available RAM (4 GB+) to fully benefit from this update.

Multiview Triple Screen Support
As we already announced, we will release a first iteration of our improved Triple Screen Support,
featuring Multiview rendering, bezel- & angle correction.

r3e Triple Screen Support.jpg

Driver animations
We have updated a fair amount of our cars to use the full 360 degree driver animation, which especially VR users will be glad to hear.

A new Competition Concept: Race 2 Win
Competitions played a huge role in RaceRoom since day one. From the Time Attacks on the leaderboards to today's full online championships endorsed by official Series and manufacturers such as the WTCC and Mercedes.

Now we want to take it one step further, by allowing everyone to compete for actual prizes, 24/7.
Drivers will be able to participate in selected competitions by paying a small amount of vRP's, and get the chance to win awesome prizes.

Rules of R2W Competitions can vary, from time limited sessions to a limited number of laps available to set your laptime.

The development of this concept is still in its early days, but we hope to expand it in the future, and to reward our best drivers with top prizes.

GTR 3 Class Update
We know we've kept you waiting for quite a while, but we promise it will pay off.
In preparation for the new GT3 car releases, the entire GTR3 class has been updated in terms of physics, AI and BOP (Balance of performance).

The word "update" might even be an understatement, as recently joined Sector3 Studios Physics developer Alex Hodgkinson pretty much reworked every single aspect of the cars physics.
Thanks to some great insights and data we received from real GT3 teams and manufacturers, such as Callaway Competition, we were able to recreate the cars to an unprecedented degree of realism, especially in terms of suspension geometry, tyre modelling, weight distribution & aerodynamic aspects.

The results are much better driveable cars, that follow the driver's input very precisely, also giving much better information in the FFB (force feedback) through the steering wheel.
Many hours have been spent comparing real life footage and data to simulate the cars as close to reality as possible.

On patch day you will be able to experience this in all available GT3 cars, as well as in some new additions that will become available ;)

R3E Callaway Corvette.jpg
R3E New Audi.jpg
R3E New Mercedes.jpg

Porsche?
We promised you 3 Porsche race cars in 2017, and we still stand by that promise. We will reveal what exactly we have in store for you after the November patch.

R3E New Porsche.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the contents of the upcoming November update? What aspect of the information reveal are you most interested in seeing once the patch releases? What are your thoughts on paid competitions ? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
....Now you have done it...given them more ideas...LOL :D

Actually the endurance aspect of Raceroom is so good now I would love to have day/night features but that's probably being saved for GTR3? I can race in the evening. Good enough for me. :)

Anyway a great update lined up and the field of gt3's now is superb. Would like to see the Lambo and Aston maybe but otherwise a really nice selection. I also like the mix of old and new. Still love the Z4 and RUF, sound great, look great.

I can race in the evening. Good enough for me.
Totally agree...although I would like to have a 'Twightlight' setting maybe....not quite pitch black but darker than the evening setting but still just enough to make out some track details without headlights, ....plus being able to turn the headlights on and have dash lights as well would be all I would want.:)

• Deleted member 130869

I always read with hopes the team will keep developing this into the game to beat. Nice update coming, on paper. Hopefully it works out well and then it flows over to other existing content.

• ronniej

Definitely intrigued and hopeful for this R3E update as I'm a 5760X1080 user and have longed for a more detailed feel in the vehicle dept...
The word "update" might even be an understatement, as recently joined Sector3 Studios Physics developer Alex Hodgkinson pretty much reworked every single aspect of the cars physics.
Is it known if Mr Hodgkinson is merely helping with feedback and consulting, or is there actual "hands-on" code developing by the newcomer along with J-F? (Thanks in advance for any further insight on this)

*However, unless there is full weather simulation and night I won't be interested because I only race when it is pouring rain (storms preferably) at 3:00am.

- Happy with the contents of the upcoming November update?
It certainly is a big update, I still feel it's missing some fundamental basics for Sim Racing these days though and the lack of a Dynamic Track still turns me off. I may take a look again post-patch but I need to feel "alive" when racing and if the track is static so is my mind.

- What aspect of the information reveal are you most interested in seeing once the patch releases?
I wonder if the 64bits will help VR users at all? I've not played RRE since March and I've read reports that the VR performance has slumped since then (was fine when I played IIRC).

- What are your thoughts on paid competitions ?
I don't mind at all, everything can't be free all the time as life just isn't like that. If anything this draws me into RRE a bit more as I like a challenge, but the aforementioned static track may keep me at arms length for now.

Sounds great - and good timing with AC in kinda hibernation mode and RF2 not quite delivering what I expected (GT3 pack undriveable in VR + no skins). Really excited to hear about the physics updates. And the missing fully animated arms have been keeping me away from R3E so looking forward to that very much as well. Does anyone know if the 64 bit version could possibly mean any improvements to FPS in VR? Or is only about number of cars on grid?

I wonder if the 64bits will help VR users at all? I've not played RRE since March and I've read reports that the VR performance has slumped since then (was fine when I played IIRC).
Does anyone know if the 64 bit version could possibly mean any improvements to FPS in VR? Or is only about number of cars on grid?
See, I don't understand this. When I first got my Oculus my PC hardware updates hadn't arrived, so I played without them. I was on a 750 TI and R3E worked perfectly fine with no performance issues at medium graphics settings and around ten cars on track. Now I have a 1060 and it runs silky smooth on maximum settings with 40+ cars on the grid, both online and off. So I'm not sure why some people are having performance issues? Seems to me that if you are then it suggests your hardware isn't up to spec. :unsure:

See, I don't understand this. When I first got my Oculus my PC hardware updates hadn't arrived, so I played without them. I was on a 750 TI and R3E worked perfectly fine with no performance issues at medium graphics settings and around ten cars on track. Now I have a 1060 and it runs silky smooth on maximum settings with 40+ cars on the grid, both online and off. So I'm not sure why some people are having performance issues? Seems to me that if you are then it suggests your hardware isn't up to spec. :unsure:

As I said when I played it RRE was fine in VR (last played in March), but since then I've read a lot of complaints about the performance hence my concern. I know I can try for myself, but other Sims are more important to me right now so I'm merely wondering whether 64bits would improve RRE at all even beyond what I experienced previously.

I dont get it either - I think I had better performance at some point but I have been struggling lately in R3E. RF2 runs pretty good (Except new GT3 pack) and AC runs perfectly smooth in high settings. I have a GTX 1070 and i5 6600K. Would you mind sharing your Visual Settings?

I assume that the VR performance issues are because of R3E being DX9 and probably 64bit won’t fix these issues. Compared to AC, rfactor 2 and Iracing R3E is not as smooth but it’s playable for me (Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3, GTX 980, Win 10 here).

Nevertheless I’m really excited for this update as I’m once again into this sim since I own a Wheelbase 2.5, it feels so much better. :thumbsup: And I just can say that their adaptive AI provides excellent racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back