R3E: SimBin Community QA Video (1)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

R3E: SimBin Community QA Video (1)

After seventeen weeks the long wait for the much anticipated answers of the Swedish developers on their community Q&A is over. SimBin's Creative Director Diego Sartori breaks the silence and speaks.

Featuring in this 8 minute long video are the questions about the highly unrealistic brakemarkers in RaceRoom Racing Experience and why they were incorporated in the game. Furthermore they touch the delicate question when single player racing against AI is available.

Other important...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
First off, Thanks for the vid I might have been impatient in earlyer posts but I do appreciate the effort that went into this ..

Little dissapointed that Only 4 questions were shown in the Vid and personaly I would have picked diffrent ones to anwser first.
Instead of "will we get Nordshleife" cause we all know that eventually we will .. Game wouldent be complete without it ;)

Delighted to hear that a future update will allow us to toggle the corner/brake markers though!

Allso, Thank you Diego, for youre time to do these interviews.
Hope we get more of these on a regulair basis and with more pressing anwsers..
Like what do you have in mind for Multiplayer .. Dont even need a timeline, just youre basic ideas ;)

Its a Good start. Keep em comming! :)

Back in Februari (!) when the game released as being a beta i expected a full release within a few month (2 - 3).
Now 6 month (!) later, still no SP nor MP and still in beta. X3 Rebirth is in development for about 4 years (Edit: it is 7 years:confused:) now and Egosoft maintains an absolute silence protocol. I do not care...even if it takes another 4 years (edit: We finally we have a release date:thumbsup:). I have not invested in the game yet. But R3E is different. I have invested money. And im careful speding money on games cause i have been disappointed too many times in the past. And the last thing i do is participating in kickstarter games. But having GTR / GTR2 and the complete race title (which are the best titles on my PC,!!), i went blind for R3E. And now...all we can do is wait. I de-installed R3E from steam and its the question if i will ever install it again. All i can do is wait and hope that sometime in the future (thinking in years) there will be a full release including SP and MP. Till then, im racing Race...

Last edited:
I can understand the frustration, Boby. But rFactor 2 was also a while in development before they added MP (at least that's what I've been told) so it's only fair to give R3E the same development time. IMO maybe Simbin better should have waited until SP was available before putting the game on steam.
I so hope that R3E will be picked up for online league racing cause I just love their track and car selection (still hoping for some FWD touring cars...).

"......I watched about 30 sec before i closed the vid after the words: "Because the vast majority of people do not understand how the regular brake markers work". I just cant hear it any further. Simbin....move on (im furious)!!..."

THIS

just ...... wow......

You should realise that sim-racers are (sadly enough) not the vast majority of people.......

People that know SImbin are not people playing forza or any arcade racer at all. They are people who really enjoy sim racing

So.. are you telling us that your game will be for the little xbox kids?? It seems to be the trend today for all game developper.... I would like to know which people dont know what these marker are for...

Which thread is the one to use for the Q&A. Put my response to the video in the original Q&A thread. Maybe they should be combined? My response is much like fortress...who is the game being designed for?

I can understand the frustration, Boby. But rFactor 2 was also a while in development before they added MP (at least that's what I've been told) so it's only fair to give R3E the same development time. IMO maybe Simbin better should have waited until SP was available before putting the game on steam.
I so hope that R3E will be picked up for online league racing cause I just love their track and car selection (still hoping for some FWD touring cars...).

Hi Tim ;),
Probably im an old and grumpy man without patients, being most angry at myself that i went blind into buying stuff.I should have waited for the full launch. But my confidence in Simbin was so strong after GTR and Race that i knew for certain R3E (even if it would not been called GTR3), would be a slamming title. I drove laps...enjoying every single bit of it. The sound, graphics and speed.But that was 5 month ago. I just cant race time trials every day just to get faster lap times. The other problem is Simbin does not tell us anything. Personally i do not believe in MP. Im afraid this time trial thing will be it. Hopefully im wrong...

Well Boby, if you watched more than 30 sec you would know that they are busy with MP and SP.

This isn't the first beta / pre-alpha game and it won't be the last.I almost didn't play a full released game over the past 2 years. So don't blame Simbin but also all the other not finnished games for slow developement.

Last edited:
Seems to me that Simbin has chosen a path of mediocrity.
What is heartbreaking is that if they gave GTR2 to a company like REIZA so that they could fine tune the graphics to the level of GSC and keep many of the features, such as 24 hours races, weather, championships and so on, I cannot think of a single simracer that would have not bought the product the day of release. GTR2 is still the benchmark for what a simracing game should be. It's just old.

To think that these are the same people that managed to come out with GTR2 almost 10 years ago and all they could deliver in 2013 is this hot lapping game is very disheartening. Yes, it sounds great. It's not enough.
+1

im going to do this with as much clarity as possible ... but ill fail

simbin doesnt produce a controller , it is working on a racing game ...; raceroom produces the controller ..; although simbin and raceroom are connected they arent exactly the same .....

Andi
For everybody who thinks Jay is sitting in the basement printing gamepads with a 3d printer, he's not.

He should be taking pictures at the Red Bull Ring.
994577_569168773139641_713809845_n.jpg

Yeah Kenny...time moves on. I game for 25 years now and the market has changed radically with all those mobile devices. It's hard to let go of the past, enjoy the present and dream about the future. So the question i have to ask myself is: do i want to take a leap of faith, or am i becoming an old man, full with regrets, waiting to die alone...(Inception).

Yeah Kenny...time moves on. I game for 25 years now and the market has changed radically with all those mobile devices. It's hard to let go of the past, enjoy the present and dream about the future. So the question i have to ask myself is: do i want to take a leap of faith, or am i becoming an old man, full with regrets, waiting to die alone...(Inception).

Gotta keep the faith brother:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years