R3E Pricing, discounts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
R3E pricing.png

So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
redeem.png

Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/

I see there is a sale on again on packs in the raceroom store. Some say -87% off normal price. But they never quote normal price so how do they make up their prices? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but nobody can help you if you are literally unable to read a sentence. Here are some exercises for you, come back when you've finished those.
Don't be cheeky kid. I have read and digested all of the 1st post. I actually own just about all the R3E content except for skins. Just stop talking rubbish. VRP and % discount means nothing and you know it.:rolleyes: Its about time Sector 3 used normal currency. You are now on my ignore list with the other non useful troll members who are not capable of reasonable discussion. Bye.

Last edited:
Means nothing to me pal. Stop defending it.

M8, he just told you what the discount/price means...

In a bundle, the total price includes every car, livery, and track that is in the bundle. So in the GTO pack, it includes the individual price of the 3 separate cars, and every single livery. This total price is different from the bundle price. The bundle price is then described as being XX% off the total price.

Not hard to understand. You can even hover your mouse over the price/percent off and it will tell you the total cost of every piece added together.

Aside from that vRP is quite simply Euros. 100 vRP is 1 EUR. 1000 vRP is 10 EUR. 2750 vRP is 27.50 EUR.

There are a number of reasons they use vRP, such as being able to award vRP for competitions. :p

Whether you feel the bundle price is worth it is another matter, and whether you feel the % off the total price of every individual item in the bundle is an accurate representation of the cost associated, is also another matter.

It's called marketing. Steam does the same when you buy a game bundle. It gives you the total price of all items, and then it gives you a bundle price that is XX% lower than the total price. That doesnt mean the total price is misleading. It simply adds up each individual cost to display to you to show you the supposed savings you will get by buying the bundle.

I'm not sure. Just downloaded the other day and i'm trying to get to vrp's, but i can't even start the sim now. Ugh..not a good first impression.

My thought was to buy vrp through raceroom in a pack (discount) and then apply it in game, but i don't understand how i link it to steam account. Is that done automatically?

Last edited:
The new "Packs" I'm seeing on the store site (Nov 17) are great! I've purchased DTM13 and DTM15 during sales at various sites, so I own some of the content. But I was willing to make a further purchase b/c I love the Championship creation editor. Wasn't sure b/w buying DTM92, Group 5 or the GTO pack. But for $30 USD I can get those 3, plus 8(!) tracks I don't already own plus the Nordschleife. This feels like a no-brainer. That's a full price for a full product. Compare that to iRacing! I also like the Starter and Pro packs, those are great bundles. I think this might be the nudge people need if they've been on the fence with the program. If they implement the scheduled racing and the multiplayer safety and performance ratings, this could be my #1 go-to. Can't wait to get in there tonight and go, go, go.

I'm not sure. Just downloaded the other day and i'm trying to get to vrp's, but i can't even start the sim now. Ugh..not a good first impression.

My thought was to buy vrp through raceroom in a pack (discount) and then apply it in game, but i don't understand how i link it to steam account. Is that done automatically?
Check out the OP in the thread, follow the link to buy them.
https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24
Once you've done that they will email you the codes then enter them in the vRP section as per second picture in that post. Might be worth doing it from inside the game (once you can get it working:() using the Store tab.

Having done simracing for a very long time, I don't usually get to 'hot and bothered' by developer prices.
If I like content, I'll usually buy it...if I don't, I'll leave it.
That said... Sector3/RRE just seems to get under my skin with their brand of silliness.
Do they really think the simracing community is made up of a bunch of idiots who can't figure out this ridiculous pricing strategy?
Here's an example.... I bought the original 2015 Audi TT pack a while back.
Today, I get an offer to buy the 'new' 2016 TT pack (with updated physics) at a vast discount.
It'll cost me a mere 29vrp... or $0.31USD.
The problem: I have to deposit a minimum of $5.00 and there is nothing I can purchase outright, which will use the remaining $4.69USD.
It'll just sit there in an account waiting for me to keep adding funds to get enough for my next purchase.
It's not the cost that's off-putting, it's the 'games' associated with purchasing.

For discussion sake, what other game has content to buy under $1 or $5... Seems to be a Steam minimum to me in this case. I wouldn't know but maybe there are back-end fees incurred for purchases (like credit cards in retail), making it unprofitable for very small transactions.
I was actually considering the same 2016 TT purchase, but in my case I know I can easily spend $5 - it doesn't have to $5 at Raceroom either, it's a Steam thing.
It just occurred to me, maybe you can sell some Steam trading cards to total $0.31. I've never attempted but noticed these apparently are worth $0.05 to $0.15 or so, but who really buys these...:O_o:

I was actually considering the same 2016 TT purchase, but in my case I know I can easily spend $5 - it doesn't have to $5 at Raceroom either, it's a Steam thing.
It just occurred to me, maybe you can sell some Steam trading cards to total $0.31. I've never attempted but noticed these apparently are worth $0.05 to $0.15 or so, but who really buys these...:O_o:

It's not that I can't or won't spend $5.00.
It's about the fact that the pricing is geared towards leaving an 'unusable' balance at the end of every transaction.
How do Trading cards work?
I've never even heard of them.

LOL, I just practiced what I preached... I sold 3 trading cards for $0.31 then turned around and purchased the 2016 TT (29 vRP) :roflmao:
Yeah, I've seen the trading cards in my Steam account but haven't paid much attention to the gimmick. Go to "Inventory" under your username, select a trading card and there should be a SELL button with a "going rate" listed. I tinkered a little, found I had to list it lower but 3 sold within minutes - one trading card was for R3E the other 2 Dirt Rally.
upload_2016-11-19_11-19-3.png

To see what you have listed for sale go to Community - Market.

I'm rolling in the $$$ :D

It's not that I can't or won't spend $5.00.
It's about the fact that the pricing is geared towards leaving an 'unusable' balance at the end of every transaction.
How do Trading cards work?
I've never even heard of them.

Yeah, this isnt a problem with RaceRoom. This is how Steam works. So, welcome to digital distribution in the modern age.

Steam requires a minimum amount when you add funds to the Steam Wallet. $5 is the minimum as you noted. No game can get around this, since they have nothing to do with Steam. Kind of barking up the wrong tree really, even if the complaint is valid.

Why the minimum? I imagine it's because any time you make a transaction, it costs Steam money. Transaction fees and all that BS. So, by having a $5 minimum, they make enough money to offset those costs.

Same with banking and needing to maintain a $5 minimum balance in a checking account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back