R3E Pricing, discounts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
R3E pricing.png

So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
redeem.png

Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/

Seems that you can get a pretty hefty discount on vRP from the store, at 10k vRP you can pretty much buy ADAC 14/DTM15/WTCC13/14 and both map packs and still have vRP left over (plenty of it too) to buy any additional conent you would want.

Its much cheaper than buying individually direct from the game. At least in my opinion.

Just make sure to buy one pack at a time, then go to discounted items at the top and then buy the next pack so the vRP adjusts and discounts for the content you already have.

https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

I used this method to pretty much get nearly all the tracks and majority of the cars in the game. Not a bad deal, since you basically get nearly all the content for under $70, which is no more than most modern games out now... I guess its not that big of a paywall to get into the content of the game....

If most people already know about the mods, please delete the thread.

FYI: When I added 1 car from each car class, plus all the tracks I wanted, at 5k vRP it was nearly 60$ USD to buy.

Seems that you can get a pretty hefty discount on vRP from the store, at 10k vRP you can pretty much buy ADAC 14/DTM15/WTCC13/14 and both map packs and still have vRP left over (plenty of it too) to buy any additional conent you would want.

Its much cheaper than buying individually direct from the game. At least in my opinion.

Just make sure to buy one pack at a time, then go to discounted items at the top and then buy the next pack so the vRP adjusts and discounts for the content you already have.

https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

I used this method to pretty much get nearly all the tracks and majority of the cars in the game. Not a bad deal, since you basically get nearly all the content for under $70, which is no more than most modern games out now... I guess its not that big of a paywall to get into the content of the game....

If most people already know about the mods, please delete the thread.

FYI: When I added 1 car from each car class, plus all the tracks I wanted, at 5k vRP it was nearly 60$ USD to buy.
Good to remind people of the best way to buy content, I've merged it with the buying tips thread.:)

Also, when you buy larger amounts, you get the vrp's progressively cheaper.

I still have a few 1000's in my account, and when I want a new livery, or when there is new content, I can now just go to the store and add that content, without any further payment processing.

There is quite a lot of content in the pipeline, so a bunch of vrp's now will not be wasted, and you will save a lot in the long run.

http://www.kwsuspensions.co.uk/virtual-racing

"Especially for all participants of the KW virtual Racing Challenge, RaceRoom has put together a special Hardware-deal! Just send an E-Mail to sales@raceroom.com Subject: KW Racing Challenge 2016 /Your user name in RaceRoom Racing Experience”, and we will send to you your personal discount code for selected equipment."

I checked this out and was offered a 20% discount on all seats and accesories, might be useful for those are looking for this

As a cheapskate, I would totally buy this great simulation if I had to pay just once, and then get additional content for free.:(
Also, somebody mentioned having to be connected to the net all the time? I don't want that.
As a fellow cheapskate can I say that we run free content races regularly in the race club, all the free cars have the latest physics, the 2 free circuits have 7 variations. The business model is not ideal and has been beaten to death many times but it is what it is and using tips in this thread you can get a reasonable amount of content for not too much dosh.
Yes the always connected is annoying but it has prevented piracy and the servers have been much more reliable recently.

As a cheapskate, I would totally buy this great simulation if I had to pay just once, and then get additional content for free.:(
Also, somebody mentioned having to be connected to the net all the time? I don't want that.

Hi, Yes I know what you mean, but I also bought bulk content in the Black Friday deal, all I do now is add any new content as it comes, most games have DLC content that comes along, so it's only the same as buying that. You are missing out on a great sim and a great community here at Raceroom though :D

• ronniej

Your not a cheapskate Lily.... Quite frankly, I agree with you. I would totally buy this great simulation if I had to pay just once. It would go nicely with my other racing games.
EDIT:
I'm hooked...I purchased the DTM 2014 Experience through Steam first ( As suggested by a fellow simmer) Then, made all other purchases through the "in game" store. That is my "Tips n Tricks" contribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
False.
When you buy the ADAC car, you only have to purchase a livery in GTR3, and vice-versa.
You only buy the car once, but the liveries must be purchased separately (because they don't run the same livery).
I do wish there was an option to purchase a discounted livery pack for the cars in GTR3.

Ahh, I see. Still annoying though. If you don't buy a livery you should just be plain white lol

• ronniej

I understand why the R3E road warriors defend the game as they do (Nords is fantastic) and try to convince others that the pricing isn't that bad if you purchase wisely. However, they shouldn't of put that on the fans. Now's the time for R3E to take this to the "end game" and provide a great all around experience.
An "Offline Mode" with triple screen and/or SLI support would be appreciated as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I almost forgot, you can also testdrive all cars in the store for free.
Access the store from ingame this time, find the car or car pack you are interested in and you'll find this small wheel icon;
View attachment 96637
Just hit this and you'll get to choose difficulty level and test drive the car around the RaceRoom Raceway track for however long you want. :)

Maybe at the time you wrote this, but when testing at RRR track I get exactly 5 minutes, that's it.
Granted I can repeat it, I would like to have a longer test period without having to repeat the test sequence several times (and each time adjusting cockpit view to my likings) to get a real idea of how the car is/drives/behaves.
No biggie, but still...

I understand why the R3E road warriors defend the game as they do (Nords is fantastic) and try to convince others that the pricing isn't that bad if you purchase wisely. However, they shouldn't of put that on the fans. Now's the time for R3E to take this to the "end game" and provide a great all around experience.
An "Offline Mode" with triple screen and/or SLI support would be appreciated as well.

i cant see an offline mode happening , its there to protect them and there partners from having the game hacked ...even iracing tried it to satisfy its end users , it didnt last long it was hacked within a very short time ... when you downloaded the game you knew it was online .... so i cant see why there is something to complain about

in a few interviews the triple and vr question has been answered , it will get done as and when all partners show an interest .. r3e isnt just a game it is at motorsport events all across the world and as those partners ask for it , raceroom the company will then push for s3e (the developers) to build that in ... s3e isnt doing this independently its developing the game for a client and there partners

well thats how i see it

Andi

• ronniej

i cant see an offline mode happening , its there to protect them and there partners from having the game hacked ...even iracing tried it to satisfy its end users , it didnt last long it was hacked within a very short time ... when you downloaded the game you knew it was online .... so i cant see why there is something to complain about

in a few interviews the triple and vr question has been answered , it will get done as and when all partners show an interest .. r3e isnt just a game it is at motorsport events all across the world and as those partners ask for it , raceroom the company will then push for s3e (the developers) to build that in ... s3e isnt doing this independently its developing the game for a client and there partners

well thats how i see it

Andi

Interesting. No, actually I didn't realize that it was exclusively an online platform when I downloaded it as I didn't do any research on the game...I was chatting with a fellow gamer and I was asked if I tried it and that's how I was introduced. However, I wasn't bothered by it at first, it was only when I started to really enjoy it, then constantly give server errors while playing that it put a permanent bug up my arse. (Also realizing that my paid content was just a rental so to speak)

As far as the partners are concerned, I have to admit I didn't take that into consideration, but again, that is unfortunate, and I hope they can do better to influence them in making a few changes that will matter in the long run. Let's face it, because of the rise in popularity in this genre, the choices are becoming more available and the ones that are most successful recently are the ones that are "self contained". In any event, R3E is a strong game because it offers something different with the ADAC , DTM and WTCC series racing which I think is the "Meat and Potatoes" of the game and I would like to see it get the support and attention it deserves. But unless it can afford some vital changes, I don't see it taking flight in the large North American market. (It appears to be popular in Europe for what I can see in the player base) That said, if the partners are happy, then it is what it is. And I will have to accept that in the end.

We can always hope.

your paid content isnt rental , iracing is rental , if you dont pay the subscription then it doesnt matter what you own it aint going to work..

yep over time there has been some server bugs , some of them the games fault some of them steams fault ... yep its a bummer and pretty feckin annoying , just like when your ISP bugs , or your router shits its self ... ive been there and also im on a very long bit of cable in the forest so my internet is about as stable as your average nutter...

As for what is there bread and butter ; i actually think its more than the content ; with a bit of tweaking its the only game i can get the ffb and the road feel to communicate properly with me , the cars dont behave strangely , i can push my van harder into corners than i can anycar in iracing , its the combination of many things that makes this game one that im willing to give up a lot of freetime (over 1800 hrs ) beta testing

i think there are many things in the future that will make you guys a bit happier ...... lets wait and see

Andi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years