Sector3 Studios
What’s New (Summary):

· New RRE menus and overlays.

· Single Race in R3E.

· Multiplayer Alpha for R3E.

· Pack system in store.

· Dynamic discount system.

· New Force Feedback

· New Road bumps in listed tracks below.

· AI difficulty can now be selected (R3E only for the moment)

· New skyboxes.

New Content:

New Class in R3E - ADAC GT Masters 2013 Car Class

· Ford GT GT3

· Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3

· Audi R8 LMS Ultra

· BMW Z4 GT3

· Chevrolet Camaro GT3

· Nissan GT-R GT3

· Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

New Car in GTR3 Car Class

· Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

New Tracks in R3E

· Nürburgring

· Motorsport Arena Oschersleben

· EuroSpeedway Lausitz

· Red Bull Ring Spielberg

New Liveries

· 18 new Free liveries for Aquila CR-1 Sports GT

· 20 new liveries for BMW M1 Procar

· 10 new liveries for Chevrolet Daytona Prototype

Game:

·
Added a new force feedback settings tab in options with modified and added ffb settings.

· Optimized loading performance

· Changed car reflection option to have Low and High settings.

· We now automatically center the window on screen in windowed mode.

· Changed default value for cockpit head movement from 0.5 to 0.1

· Added option to change AI difficulty in R3E.

· Added Single Race in R3E.

· Added Multiplayer Alpha in R3E.

Rendering:

·
Optimized reflections in rendering.

· Optimized rendering.

Multiplayer:

·
Fixed an issue where the player count wasn’t updating until player had actually joined the track which was resulting in wrong player numbers in the browser.

· Fixed an issue when a player comes from a session without damage and starts a new session in another game mode with damage, damage was off.

· Fixed incorrect wheels RPM for remote cars.

· Improved precision for wheels RPM for remote cars.

· Fixed off-by-one error when rendering remote cars.

· Added smoothing to velocity and rotation of remote cars for better collisions.

· Fixed an issue where the player would get a replay without thumbnail after exiting a MP game during practice.

Art:

· Updated skyboxes.

· Updated Oschersleben with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Zandvoort with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Hockenheim with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Red Bull Ring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance.

· Fixed a flashing building issue in Mid Ohio.

· Updated RaceRoom Raceway with optimizations for ffb.

Camera & Physics & Force Feedback:

·
Updated default profiles to the new FFB improvements. Note: Your old custom profiles will be renamed and backed up when you launch the game after the update. These profiles should not be used due to the new FFB changes.

· Added Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel default profile.

· Added Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel default profile.

· Modified grip on grass.

· Decreased opponent car volume for all GT3 cars.

· Fixed Brands Hatch Turn 2 camera.

Audio

·
BMW 635 CSi - Adjusted external sounds.

· Fixed naming issues with DTM pitstop samples.

· Improved BMW GT3 Z4 external sounds.

· Updated GT3 car backfire sounds.

Portal:

·
Added pack support. Store can now have content packs.

· Added dynamic discount functionality that gives additional discount on overlapping or owned content.

Hi guys,

I have now confirmed that there is indeed an issue with the linked discount that should apply to the overlapping content, such as the Mercedes SLS that was mentioned here.

We will fix this tomorrow first thing in the morning so that the linked discounts apply correctly when purchasing a pack.

In the meantime please wait so you don't end up paying full price.
thx sonat. could you (or anyone else) help me with a little math though? i meant to purchase the sls gt3 at the given price but i'm not sure if i did or not. i mayve just bought vrp...here is the rundown:

i had about 1250vrp
i got 84% off ADAC GT (i thought this said it was only around 4xx vrp, but i'm only sure of the 84% part) & purchased it
clicked to buy sls gt3 but got a screen for vrp, bought 1100 more.

i now have 14xx vrp & do not own the sls gt3...does this add up?

or if someone can tell me what the full adac pack costs in vrp i can do the math myself, just seems like i have less than i assumed i would.

Why do you charge for different numbers on the cars ? A number shouldn't count as a livery...Like in the M1 pack - it's 15 liveries, not 28 as advertised. Radical it's 12, not 22.
Not a big deal, i just don't like this aspect...

thx sonat. could you (or anyone else) help me with a little math though? i meant to purchase the sls gt3 at the given price but i'm not sure if i did or not. i mayve just bought vrp...here is the rundown:

i had about 1250vrp
i got 84% off ADAC GT (i thought this said it was only around 4xx vrp, but i'm only sure of the 84% part) & purchased it
clicked to buy sls gt3 but got a screen for vrp, bought 1100 more.

i now have 14xx vrp & do not own the sls gt3...does this add up?

or if someone can tell me what the full adac pack costs in vrp i can do the math myself, just seems like i have less than i assumed i would.

Hmm. There might be a bug which we thought was fixed but your description sounds like the fix maybe did not end in live.

If your VRP balance is less than the pack price (but it's enough for the discounted price) portal communicates that you need to purchase more VRP as it wrongfully checks the full price against your VRP balance.

If that is the case, you should have no issue purchasing it if your VRP balance is above 1800VRP. I'm not suggesting you to buy more VRPs to confirm of course. We'll fix it instead :)

Similar to our Linked discount issue, looks like some of our important fixes did not merge properly. We will sort these out first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the update SimB... err... Sector3, the quantity of improvements and new features is incredible and finally you optimized the Lausitz track! :thumbsup:
Now I hope that Moscow and Zandvoort will get the same treatment. :whistling:

I bought the ADAC pack and I can confirm that the discounts aren't retroactive in the GTR3 class.
Also the discount for Zandvoort (if you own DTME) isn't retroactive and I wonder if this affected the final price of the ADAC pack (I noticed only after I bought it... :O_o:).

Last edited:
Don't you think you should remove the old GT3 iterations now, since they are obsolete in terms of physics and handling ? Or what is the point of selling two same specced Audi R8 Ultra, two Z4GT3, two Camaros ? Just make the old liveries available and drop the cars. No offense, just saying...
Pack prices are acceptable, affordable and reasonable, though, so thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Why do they should remove content that we paid? :O_o:

The cars are in different classes and there are different models, like the Alpina and the McLaren, and they just added the new SLS GT3.

So when they will release DTM 2014 and ADAC 2014 in your opinion they should remove the 2013 versions?!
Excuse me but your request doesn't have sense...

I know we get a heavy discount now when upgrading to the new version of the same car. Is it the same in the case a new user owns the new version, but not yet the old one ? if it's like that, then it's all fine. :thumbsup: I'd assume it is.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Much improved and a lot of fun which is what I want. Bought what I didn't have just to show my approval! Thanks again and now I have to leave for a 6 day trip but will look forward to getting back.

a few questions to DevTeam. In the future, can we mix the classes? I mean its very interesting to see on track Judd V8 and some car GTR-X, Aquila and Daytona Chevy, etc?
When are you planning to release Paul Ricard?
What about Le Mans rules on track with different car classes?

Just one thought, what about some music tracks in menu, but please without heavy metall or rock? :confused:

I love that music track of Race Injection with the real life commentary, it's so authentic!!!
Something like that would be awesome!

If I remember well it was introduced with the first RaceRoom: the Game...

R3E is updated, that's an understatement. R3E has been re-invented. This is not the same sim as before.Virtually every complaint has been resolved. Multi player, FFB, which is the best I have felt, the most beautiful tracks in any sim on the market or in development i'm sure, single player race, hence the name Race room, not room experience and just the feel of the car thru the wheel at all times, and that's all cars too, makes this more than a game. I thank you guys for living up to a promise you made, a seemingly long time ago, it makes my leap of faith seem like a wise decision today and way more that just a purchase, more like an investment now. Oh, one more thing, Bye Bye rF2.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.7%