R3E: Nordschleife Coming in Next Patch

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Nordschlieife 10.jpg

Sector3 Studios have confirmed that the beautiful and often dangerous Nurburgring Nordschleife will be included in the next patch upcoming for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

The "Green Hell" release will be the first track in RaceRoom to be produced with the aid of Laserscan technology and promises to realistically capture the bumps, cambers and undulations of the real German circuit.

In a surprising move, the team over at Sector3 are to include 4 different layouts of the famous venue: the Nordschleife (long track and GP circuit combined), Nordschleife Tourist (long track beginning in carpark), Nordschleife VLN (long track featuring short version of the GP circuit), Nordschleife 24h (long track plus full GP track, minus the Mercedes-Benz Arena).

The latest RaceRoom patch hasn't yet been announced and so a release date is not currently known, however previews suggest players of the game wont have to wait long to get their hands on this exciting piece of new content.

Looking forward to the legendary Nordschleife coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

R3E Nordschlieife 1.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 2.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 3.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 4.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 5.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 6.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 7.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 8.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
GT5/6 laserscanned ? That's a good joke
"Laserscanned" is just a big PR-gag.

Many tracks even for old console titles were laserscanned and there are companies out there selling their scans.

It's not about having bazillions of scan-points, it's about how you turn those into a mesh for a game. Basically it's like compressing an image. You start with a raw data image that's 20MB in size and after some optimizing you end up with 750kb.

Depending on which compression method you use and how big your resulting image is allowed to be you will get different results.

So, ya ... "Laser scanned" .... sure it's more accurate than if built purely based on satelite shots and photos / videos available online, but it's not like laser scanned automatically means "real".

I'll just drop this here:

We scanned several tracks for the new Forza Motorsport 5 game coming out this week. It was quite eye opening as when on site we were often told that we were the 2nd to 4th group that they had seen scanning any particular track over the past year. The various game titles rarely share data as they want the tracks in their upcoming games to remain secret, racing team scan them in order to run simulations for suspension setups, and some tracks use them for QA/QC of new work and maintenance. So, there are plenty of data sources out there… - See more at: http://blog.lidarnews.com/laser-scanned-race-tracks/#sthash.9ksEVP68.dpuf

Phah :D

With that price no one will buy it. This track should be priced at the low price if they want to increase the popularity of the game. But I doubt it's in their interest...it's all about grabbing the money ;)
It was a logical count of the length of the track.
I also guess round about 10, -

Last edited:
With that price no one will buy it. This track should be priced at the low price if they want to increase the popularity of the game. But I doubt it's in their interest...it's all about grabbing the money ;)
So.....
Your argument is that they're mainly interested in grabbing money, and not in the least interested in getting the sim popular, which would further increase revenue?
Er....okay... :O_o:
Now there's a train of thought in dire need of a logic overhaul. :laugh:

Anyway, back to the Nords.
Not really my cup of warm, brownish liquid to be honest. I've grown far too old to start memorizing 70+ corners.
I'll probably get it, but I'm not foaming at the mouth in anticipation.

As to when.....
Well, S3 stated earlier that the patch would be out 'late March'. So my guess would be right before the Easter holidays.
The expected price-tag that others have mentioned of 999vrp sounds about right.
But I really wouldn't be surprised if it was something closer to Spa.
Guess we'll soon find out.

So.....
Your argument is that they're mainly interested in grabbing money, and not in the least interested in getting the sim popular, which would further increase revenue?
Er....okay... :O_o:
Now there's a train of thought in dire need of a logic overhaul. :laugh:

Anyway, back to the Nords.
Not really my cup of warm, brownish liquid to be honest. I've grown far too old to start memorizing 70+ corners.
I'll probably get it, but I'm not foaming at the mouth in anticipation.

As to when.....
Well, S3 stated earlier that the patch would be out 'late March'. So my guess would be right before the Easter holidays.
The expected price-tag that others have mentioned of 999vrp sounds about right.
But I really wouldn't be surprised if it was something closer to Spa.
Guess we'll soon find out.

They have proven nothing else than that...adding content and that's about it. No improvements at all since I have started to play the game...and have Invested a decent amount of money in it. But no more since their plan is only adding more and more content without improving other things.

On the topic...I am glad they will add that track but how long will it be before they add another content and another and another year will past with no improvements.

GT5/6 laserscanned ? That's a good joke

Are you guys suggesting you were unaware that console games have laser scanned tracks? Or that they cant possibly have accurate tracks because they are console games? The latter is quite an ignorant belief if that is the case. :rolleyes:

I thought it was fairly well known that GT and Forza both have a handful of laser scanned content. In GT going back to at least GT4... and Forza, going back to at least Forza 4 (not personally sure about anything prior to that game). GT was pretty well known to have tracks such as Nurb/Nords laser scanned, Bathurst laser scanned, as well as a handful more of their real world tracks. Forza on the other hand I am only positive in F4 that they had Nords scanned. Although they took some liberty and made the track wider than it actually is to accommodate people actually driving on it without wrecking every 2 seconds. I believe other tracks were scanned for Forza too, but Im not sure if the same liberty was taken in slightly altering them to widen them for instance.

Even a game such as Pcars has laser scanned tracks. Where they have 4 of the british tracks laser scanned as I recall. Brands, Cadwell, Snetterton, and Oulton Park I believe.

"Laserscanned" is just a big PR-gag.

Depending on which compression method you use and how big your resulting image is allowed to be you will get different results.

So, ya ... "Laser scanned" .... sure it's more accurate than if built purely based on satelite shots and photos / videos available online, but it's not like laser scanned automatically means "real".

This is a bit nonsense mate. Laser scanned isnt anywhere close to a PR gag or meaningless.

The benefits that laser scanning can provide are a perfect representation of how a track is in real life. The width of the track, the camber of the corners, the flow of the corners, the elevation changes, etc. There is a massive difference between a true to life laser scanned track and a non-laser scanned track. Like I mentioned before, check out AC/iR/or soon R3E's Nords and compare to Pcars. The difference is astounding.

When getting used to a laser scanned track, you can easily spot the minute differences between versions that arent, such as ones made with CAD data. For instance, while R3E's Nurb GP may be made with CAD data, it is still quite a lot different than AC's Nurb. Which is more accurate? Well I would have to say AC's is simply because you can be positive all of the banking, camber, width, and corners are as accurate as possible.

Same can be said about Spa in AC and R3E. There is a massive difference between the tracks, even as well as Spa in R3E is built.

Of course this doesnt mean that you cant make accurate tracks without laser scan data, but if I had the choice between the two, it would be a very simple decision which track I would prefer to race on. :cool:

If that new FFB they've been talking about drops at the same time and it turns out that new in this case equals good I will be one happy camper. Sector 3's tracks tend to be my favorite visually and from the previews Nordschleife won't be leaving me disappointed.

Still, that track more then anyone will require a good FFB.

This is a bit nonsense mate. Laser scanned isnt anywhere close to a PR gag or meaningless.

The benefits that laser scanning can provide are a perfect representation of how a track is in real life. The width of the track, the camber of the corners, the flow of the corners, the elevation changes, etc. There is a massive difference between a true to life laser scanned track and a non-laser scanned track.
:cool:
But why go to the trouble of laser scanning tracks for realism in a console game with un-realistic made up physics? Not that I am doubting you. Just a question.

But why go to the trouble of laser scanning tracks for realism in a console game with un-realistic made up physics? Not that I am doubting you. Just a question.

Well, this can be answered pretty simply. You dont need to have a perfectly accurate physics engine to have an accurate recreation of a track.

Frankly, why would it be a bad thing to have an accurate version of a track if the physics engine isnt as good as some PC sims?

Besides, there are 2 aspects of laser scanning that people dont always seem to separate when discussing tracks that use the technology.

Firstly, the accuracy of a track. Laser scanning gets a very accurate representation of how the track actually is, based on data points that are irrefutable. Width, camber, etc.

And then secondly... laser scanning can also provide a wonderfully accurate road surface with all of the proper bumps that the real world track has.

The 2nd point is where the contention usually lays when talking about console games. While the point cloud data that laser scanning provides may be highly detailed, the finished product that appears in the physical road mesh that the physics engine calculates from may be entirely less detailed. In games like GT that have a lesser physics engine than PC sims, and where the FFB is quite lacking compared to PC sims... this aspect of laser scanning isnt as important. However, laser scanning to have an accurate representation of the real world track can obviously still be quite a benefit.

Quite far off topic here though. :p

Phah :D

I would personally pay 25 euro for Nords from Sector 3 as they are adding the variations as well, a huge amount of work must have been put into the creation of it...it will be worth it for me. This is only my personal opinion and in no way means that this will be the price....:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back