R3E Major Patch Delayed

8.jpg

Today SimBin has announced their "most important patch to date" for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been delayed while they finish testing the latest build.

If all goes well, they hope to release the patch tomorrow.

Get involved in our RaceRoom community by checking out our dedicated R3E forum, or by posting awesome videos and photos in our R3E gallery!

I trust simbin and i think r3e could be one of the best simulator out there but i hope it will not become like simraceway...simraceway is another f2p that is in open beta from 5-6 years now...they continue to add new content without ironing out the bugs and flaws the game had...and after al this year of development the game is still quite unplayable...the beautiful thing is dev team always deny problems and sometimes they even delete user reporting errors or bugs...but i trust simbin and i know this will not be the case...raceroom will be a great game :)

Well I don't think the team is looking to throw away the brandname that SimBin has become by changing names, I rather think that it's one of the things that they are currently in the process of discussing with their previous owner, whether they are ALLOWED to continue using the name on the new studio.
But, the change of name on the studio might also help them solidify the change in development direction they are taking with R3E to the public, to people who are not as deeply into the sim racing community that those of us who frequent here are.

Pretty much what i have been saying all along. :thumbsup:

There is someone/something making decisions that defy logic/sense.
Like i said in a previous post - they have this F2P model that requires constant investment but there is no advertising the fact, nothing to tell you what the upcoming content is, what it will cost and how it works.
Just the odd video of someone driving a race car. Whoopeee. :cautious:

How the hell are people supposed to buy into your product if they don't know it exists, what it is and what it does?
Sort your marketing out.

The RRRE way of things;
eBay auction # 23787932091
Racing game for sale
Some cars are in it
Some tracks are in it
Some physics are in it
Some other stuff like trees and bumps and stuff. Possibly.
£ You'll find out when it's out.
Release: When it's out. But look! Here's a video 6e66o drifting! Wheeeeeeee!

:p

Here is a perfect example of confusion: Yesterday I buy the ADAC pack and I notice that there are pretty much the same cars that I already own from R3E.

The first car I run is the Mercedes GT at Monza. So far so good.

I go to Multiplayer and I see there is a server at Monza. Having just ironed out how to drive it, I get in and pick the Mercedes to drive.

It tells me I have to buy it.

So that answered the question of why ADAC is so cheap or why I would want to buy cars I already own.
It would be more intuitive if ADAC was treated the same way the DTM game is, with its own separate interface. Instead ADAC is presented together with R3E and in fact seems to be at the same hierarchical level as the different car classes in R3E.
Except that in ADAC you can drive the Mercedes, the Ford, Corvette, etc. But you cannot drive the same cars in R3E. You have to buy them.

it's madness. You need a scorecard to keep track what to race where.

I understand what you are saying, hopefully as the team add more of the things people valued most from our previous titles you will start to find R3E becomes a worthy successor one day, the latest big patch which is incoming takes a good step in the right direction towards some of those things we were better appreciated for in the past.

There is many talented and passionate team members who also share your wish to have the best experiences that can be made.

It is free to play so I encourage you to keep checking back in periodically and see if we managed to change your opinion ?

There's no way to have the steering wheel go over 90 degree in game ? who thought that was a good idea ?

There's no way to have the steering wheel go over 90 degree in game ? who thought that was a good idea ?

You can do that. Disable the driver arms, set the wheel rotation lock in your driver / profiler software and the same degrees of rotation in the ingame options.
I'm running 540 degress with 23 steering lock and it works fine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%