R3E has been updated

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
08-10-2014

What’s New (Summary)

New Features
- Test Drive. Test any car for free.
- Time of Day. Choose different time of day settings from sunrise to sunset to change the mood of your session.
- Wheel Range in Car Setup. The game now automatically detects and sets the ideal wheel range for a car based on your wheel and its settings in the driver. This can also be manually changed in car setup.

New Content:
- WTCC Seat Leon
- WTCC Chevrolet Cruze
- WTCC Lada Granta
- WTCC BMW E90 320
- WTCC Honda Civic

Game
- Fixed an issue where the grid positions were not based on qualifying performance of the drivers when doing Single Race without Qualifying.
- Fixed an issue where the player would get stuck with an “Already in a competition” message when entering a competition, backing out of it from car/livery selection menu and then trying to enter another competition.
- Fixed an issue where user could not change the value in brake vibration under FFB settings.
- Fixed an issue where during rolling start on Zandvoort, AI would finish their first lap when crossing the start line.
- Added code to automatically set wheel range and steering lock if the steering wheel supports it.
- Added steering setup screen under Car setup.
- Added so the user can override default wheel range and steering lock on a per car basis.
- Enabled Car setup for everyone (goes directly to steering setup if in novice or amateur)
- Removed steering lock from Control Set (Since it's now stored per car if the user override the default value).
- Decreased font size on car setup steeppers if the text doesn't fit
- Fixed issue with timing screen scroll position
- Fixed issue with steering wheel spinning by itself in race monitor.
- Updated localisation.
- Fixed so that the default control sets now show up in the menus if 1 of the devices that it's using have been connected.

Multiplayer
- Added livery id checks when clients join MP servers as opposed to just checking whether the user owns the content or not.

AI & Audio & Physics & Controllers & Camera
- Increased AI type grip on all cars.
- Tweaked AI speed in Hungaroring.
- Tweaked Suzuka Get Real AI speed.
- Corrected front right spring strength and spring rates of Audi R8 Lms Ultra GTM.

Art
- Updated Monza with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
- Updated Hungaroring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
- Updated Suzuka with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

Portal
- Removed Dashboard.
- Newsfeed is now under My Profile.
- Changed the look and feel of the portal store page and portal menus.
- Added News & deals section.
- Implemented Test Drive.
- Implemented Time of day support.
- Various optimizations in the backend.
- Fixed so that the big livery image is properly centered.
- Made the default livery clickable again for a larger image.
- Fixed a scaling issue on images that appeared in favourite cars.
- Fixed alignment issues on popups about required content to join an event.
- Added Resend Activation Email Functionality when user tries to login with an account that is not yet activated.

Hello Ex-Simbin, Sector 3 Guys,
now I want to give you some of my thoughts to R3E. I´m a big fan all Simbin products and buyed all off them. Since 2007 I raced near 1400h in Race07, 99% online.

R3E is a good Sim with a lot potential for the future, but there are a lot to do, I think. I do not want to be ungrateful, but I'm disappointed. Many guys paid a lot of money for R3E and bought all content, including me. I do not want to be ungrateful, but I'm disappointed. Many guys paid a lot of money for R3E and bought all content, including me. But for the money, it is not satisfactory. Race07 is for me the best Simbin Sim so far.

I would now like to mention a few points that I miss and that should come in the future.

- More Car-Setup-Options like former Sims.
- Load and Save Car-Setups
- Make it possible to turn off driving-aids in amateur mode
- make a Ingame-Chat
- make the Sessions in Multiplayer like Race07, a break of 2mins is not bad bitween the sessions
- make the time at the end oft the race longer, so everybody can figth and finish his race at the finish line.
- make a Timingmonitor like Race07
- turn of the light at the racecars
- make it possible to turn it on by the Players

These are my first thoughts, and I think these thinks can be done relative easy. Feel free to complete the list.

And I will be happy about a Feedback from you guys. Thanks.

Just one question about the WTCC 2013 pack:

Seriously?!

FWD cars are undriveable, the BMW's behaviour is very interesting. (Seriously, lot of understeering during the S-es at Suzuka?! - just before you said 'learn to set-up', I was setting up this stuff more than an hour...)

These cars a huge disappoint for me at the moment...

Right now I know why I've stopped playing with RACE 07.

You did the same mistake in R3E just like in STCC2! The BMW's nose is too heavy, it's more like a FWD than a RWD car. Very difficult to do a clean and proper turn with the car; and that's why I hate STCC2's BMW; and now that's why I hate the 320 TC as well.

@Jay Ekkel Can you write down the longitudinal weight distribution of the car? (I'm curious about what value you programmed in the game, not that one which is in the tech sheets.)

You did the same mistake in R3E just like in STCC2! The BMW's nose is too heavy, it's more like a FWD than a RWD car. Very difficult to do a clean and proper turn with the car; and that's why I hate STCC2's BMW; and now that's why I hate the 320 TC as well.

@Jay Ekkel Can you write down the longitudinal weight distribution of the car? (I'm curious about what value you programmed in the game, not that one which is in the tech sheets.)

Adam, if I may: there are several factors for understeering behaviour, each one (together with inertial properties, weight distrib.) very relevant in determining the corner behaviour (load transfer, roll degrees, "grip" level) up front.

IIRC, the STCC bmw's had the following:

CGRearRange=(0.480, 0.000, 0)
CGRearSetting=0

or
CGRearRange=(0.500, 0.000, 0)
CGRearSetting=0

Which is a reasonable longitudinal position for the CoG of these cars.

Last edited:
Adam, if I may: there are several factors for understeering behaviour, each one (together with inertial properties, weight distrib.) very relevant in determining the corner behaviour (load transfer, roll degrees, "grip" level) up front.

IIRC, the STCC bmw's had the following:

CGRearRange=(0.480, 0.000, 0)
CGRearSetting=0

or
CGRearRange=(0.500, 0.000, 0)
CGRearSetting=0

Which is a reasonable longitudinal position for the CoG of these cars.

The only problem is, the STCC 1 and the STCC 2 BMWs' have DIFFERENT weight distribution! I know it because 3 years ago when I made the WTCC '11 mod for RACE 07, I've compared these cars' physics files. Every value was the same, only the weight distribution was different; and unfortunately, right now I had the same feeling with the 320 TC...

Hey, Adam, btw, interesting work there on the WTCC'11. I have it on my hdd. :)

Ok, I see. Considering the changes to the physics engine Diego S. hinted at, perhaps this understeering issue is not as simple as it looks to us.

I have a problem with the car "court" honda seat and, when I go into a corner fast enough the rear lightens really too suddenly and inevitably gets a spin, the fact is that the input speed cornering I do not seem dvvero so high to justify such a reaction, I'm sure a lot depends on the angle of steering input that is used in corner but the margin between good and disaster is very thin, I state that I run in and get real with all the other car in the game I have never found a similar problem, I do not know if I am feeling that I have with this type of car or something needs to be improved, with the bmw and the cruze for example, I can drive perfectly, yet with the car short I think you should have more control .

Hey, Adam, btw, interesting work there on the WTCC'11. I have it on my hdd. :)

Ok, I see. Considering the changes to the physics engine Diego S. hinted at, perhaps this understeering issue is not as simple as it looks to us.
Well, probably you're right.

But let me take another example: again with my mod...In the first version of the mod, the BMW 320 TC has almost the same behaviour just as in R3E: in fast turns, the car was absolutely understeered. In the second version (V2) I've corrected it; and the way for that I set the 'old' weight distribution value to the car. And it was way better after that.

So that's why I think that will be a problem, because basically the car moving pretty good, especially on and off the kerbs - but probably you're right, and the problem will be on deeper.

I really love this game and the GT Master pack, but my only problem is the curner cutting system... I cutted ONE corner ONE time, and got a drive through penalty..Even when I make a mistake and go wide and loss time on it, I get a drive through penalty...

Last edited:
I really love this game and the GT Master pack, but my only problem is the curner cutting system... I cutted ONE corner ONE time, and got a drive through penalty..Even when I make a mistake and go wide and loss time on it, I get a drive through penalty...
I know it's tough man... but I like the guilty before proven innocent penalty system here: it makes you drive more carefully/respectfully and it's just a very useful system to avoid exploits of any sort from smart-pants drivers ;)

I know it's tough man... but I like the guilty before proven innocent penalty system here: it makes you drive more carefully/respectfully and it's just a very useful system to avoid exploits of any sort from smart-pants drivers ;)

Well... Online I can understand it, and on corner cutting. But when you race single player and looks up the tyres or something, so you miss the corner. Than you lose 1-2 places since you are off track, in the gravel or runoff place. Than its just so frustrating and bad to get a drive through penalty...

Well... Online I can understand it, and on corner cutting. But when you race single player and looks up the tyres or something, so you miss the corner. Than you lose 1-2 places since you are off track, in the gravel or runoff place. Than its just so frustrating and bad to get a drive through penalty...
That's true, I know... but maybe if you know that your "errors" are not actual tentatives to play unfairly then you can disable Black Flag and race without being worried about.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%