R3E has been updated (hotfix)

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
- Fixed a force feedback loss issue with Logitech steering wheels.

- Fixed rearview camera clipping on Honda Civic by changing ride height.

- Tweaked Honda civic default car setup to compensate the ride height change.

- Corrected rideheight on WTCC cars.

- Tweaked AI on Hungaroring.

- Added WTCC 2013 driver avatars.

- Fixed an issue with update profile functionality that was causing login processing error for some users.

- Fixed an issue where user was not returning to the individual content after exiting test drive.

- Fixed an issue with leaderboard updater sometimes skipping updated leaderboard entries.

G27 and the deadzone

While you waiting for the hotfix. Find this line in the RCS-file:

FFB steer force exponent="1.0" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Try settings below the default 1.0 down to 0.2. BUT... this setting also effect other things as breakvibrating....A LOT! You may have to decrease other settings.

You do this ON YOUR OWN RISK!

I had problems with R3E for a long time, the game did nothing but stutter. I had the graphics settings down to "low", but even then it stuttered so bad that I stopped playing R3E. I read a post about someone reinstalling R3E completely. I deleted the game and the settings in "My documents", reinstalled it, configured it, and tadaaa... I can play with graphics settings on "medium" now, almost without stutter. I say almost, because it still stutters when cars collide. It seems to be a CPU problem(?), because the replays are stutter free.
My PC specs: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4 Ghz (turbo 3.8 Ghz; not overclocked), 8 GB RAM 1600 MHz, AMD 6950 2 GB graphics card with mild overclock (5%). Perfect cooling.
Stutter situation: Monza, turn 1 and 2 when cars collide. Or further down the circuit when cars collide. As said: replays are flawless.
Any thoughts to get rid of these remaining stutters?

Perhaps the video card is just not up to performing better than that when collisions happen and more 'graphics' are taking place? The 6950 is out-performed by the R7 260X which is a fairly 'budget' card these days. I picked two of those up recently for less than 80UKP each. Possibly you are just hitting a graphics card bottleneck?

The replays, being from different angles, may not be affected the same way - just thinking out loud here. :D

I haven't tried many AI races with the new cards so I'll have a crack at it later and see what happens to them. The problem in R3E is that I need to run some external utility to keep track of the framerate and I don't think I have re-installed one since I reformatted recently to make more room for the Windows 10 Beta test partition. :redface:

I installed FRAPS - here's the results after an 8 minute race at the Nurburgring:

2014-12-03 09:58:17 - RRRE
Frames: 33813 - Time: 587655ms - Avg: 57.539 - Min: 39 - Max: 63

Test system:
  • AMD Quad core 4.2Ghz (A8-6600K)
  • 8GB 1600Mhz RAM
  • R7 260X 2GB DDR5
  • 1080P
  • Medium Settings, 12 Opponents, stayed middle of the pack until the last lap, Vsync 60.

I did get some stutters when the cars collided at the first corner on nearly every lap (that's why I picked the Nurb for testing :D) and the frame rates don't seem to suggest that I should have been able to see those that clearly.

(I set the AI at 90% so I could move around in the pack with no difficulty as I'm not an alien).

Maybe @Andi Goodwin has a similar rig he could test on and tell us what we're seeing?

He also knows a lot of things you can turn off that make things run better - like people in the crowd waving flags, etc. ;)

Turning off shadows helps a tiny bit, but not much. When turned off it makes the graphics lifeless and unrealistic to my opinion.
The collisions itself are the problem: when I drive behind 4 cars my fps is high (everything is smooth), but when I bump deliberately onto the car in front of me the fps takes a dive to about 5 fps for a second (stutter). Then it returns to normal again (smooth display). When multiple cars collide the fps drop is even worse. Sector 3: can this be solved please?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%