R3E has been updated (hotfix)

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
- Fixed a force feedback loss issue with Logitech steering wheels.

- Fixed rearview camera clipping on Honda Civic by changing ride height.

- Tweaked Honda civic default car setup to compensate the ride height change.

- Corrected rideheight on WTCC cars.

- Tweaked AI on Hungaroring.

- Added WTCC 2013 driver avatars.

- Fixed an issue with update profile functionality that was causing login processing error for some users.

- Fixed an issue where user was not returning to the individual content after exiting test drive.

- Fixed an issue with leaderboard updater sometimes skipping updated leaderboard entries.

just tried the honda, which was clobbered in the steered fast with weird loss of grip on the rear, as well as the seat, I think that's better, I can take the corner with the speed that I consider appropriate. Thanks for your work guys and listen to our demands always !!

Since this thread looks like a misc. topic I had a few things I wanted to bring to the devs attention, in case they don't already know.

AI slows down to much for some high speed turns: I just experienced this big time at Bathurst with the ADAC cars, but I have seen it happen elsewhere as well. It feels like they are coming off the gas and their line is almost like they were seeing a much slower turn. Now, since I didn't overnight become that much better at taking turns, I know it has to be the AI. And not all of them either or at least they don't all do it the same way.
For me the result is that I often plow into the back of the AI, sometime violently. Also,. this happens in Adaptive AI a lot. I don't think I have noticed in the manual AI. It is quite annoying because it often happens in turns where there should be either no lift or minimal life. Instead as I am entering the turn I can gain 4 to 5 car lengths and then plow into the car ahead. Can't be right.

Can we have a more thorough, possibly inline explanation of the various FFB controls?
There are some posts here and there, but they are out of date and reflect different names if not different controls. It's nice that it explains what the slider does in relation to the forces on the wheels, etc. but it would be also nice to know what that means as far as the feel at the driving wheel. An example is the vertical load, steering rack, etc.

I am one of those guys that likes to press his own speed limiter button. Any chance we can have that non automatic? Or did I miss it?

What's the story with the servers? On the US west coast I never, ever see races with more than 4 or 5 drivers in. When will we be able to manage our own servers? How about Multiclass racing a a few more tracks?

OK, I am getting out of hand now. But I have to commend you guys for the great improvements you have made to this game lately. I had given up on you. I am glad you proved me wrong.

EDIT: I forgot a very important issue that drives me absolutely nuts and needs to be fixed!

I was just doing a race at Bathurst and as I was explaining above, one of the cars in front slowed down dramatically for a turn. So I hit the car and spin out into the grass on the outside of the turn (the place where you lose time if you cut). I got a drive through penalty!

For starters, in SP a Drive through penalty for any cut seems excessive. I can see the way it worked on GTR2 where you got a penalty at the 3rd cut or so, but a single cut, especially if due to an accident or being pushed by another car is excessive and a race buster.
But to get a penalty for cutting AND losing time in the process that way out of line. It needs to be fixed to where only shortening the distance is a cut and if it is following a contact should not result in a penalty. Anything is better than the present solution.

Thank you.

Last edited:
EDIT: I forgot a very important issue that drives me absolutely nuts and needs to be fixed!

I was just doing a race at Bathurst and as I was explaining above, one of the cars in front slowed down dramatically for a turn. So I hit the car and spin out into the grass on the outside of the turn (the place where you lose time if you cut). I got a drive through penalty!

Thank you.
maybe @Sonat Ozturk can confirm but I heard in the studio that the MP cut rules sneaked into SP. Which was not the plan, amd we are looking to fix/rectify that. I could be mixing up things though, if anyone knows its Sonat! ;)
Yes, you will get 3 levels of cut-track rules to choose from in SP. Currently we're running what we call "standard" which is not great. In the future you'll be able to select between arcade/casual/expert.

Or maybe even more as we might revise the cut-track rules some time soon.

@Jay Ekkel and S3S.
I just wanted to say a few words

Thank you

I really, really, REALLY like what you're doing guys.
After all the problems, troubles and heavy, bashing critics you've been always there, believing in what you're creating and working your a$$es off to give us this great simulator that's shaping up beautifully.
Seriously, I admire your effort in making R3E: I can tell you're investing more than just your skills and competences in this. You're developing this game with care, attention and with heart. Probably it's something naive to say, but I don't care honestly... I prefer to sound like that but I wanted to let you know that thanks to your product I'm having the fun of my life when I'm sim-racing. And after what I saw (AI, cars, tracks, FFB, MP and so on...) I just feel "sure" that this is going to be an awesome Sim when it'll be fully developed.
This is a fantastic period for sim-racing... so many great titles and so little time to play them all!
But I've just a request for you guys. Please...
TAKE YOUR TIME
We're here to test your game: release stuff to be tested of course but please take all the time you need to perfection and refine your product.
I (and I think most of the fellow drivers here) value the quality versus the quantity.
I prefer to spend money on a excellent piece of sim instead of having something great, something good and something awful in the same product (talking about someone here... if you're curious visit my channel and take a look at the latest video I've uploaded...): that's not a successful product to me. I spent roughly $500 on my driving equipment (and surely others have spent far more than this) so I'm ok with and willing to spend money on something that leaves me sweated, aching for the stress and with a big grin on my face once my race is over.
Something that can make me look at my PC with all this junk attached and say: "well, it was f* worthy!"
So again guys, thank you for this.
Keep up the great work you're doing.

When I exit R3E, it does not completely close, so the next time I'm trying to play, I get an error - app already running. The only solution is to kill the Steam process and restart.

Same here. But i get this message when i quit R3E.

After recent reinstall of the game i now have a new issue.
When starting the game in steam the installation window opens asking me for installation language.
(game is already installed) After closing the window game starts.

Same here. But i get this message when i quit R3E.

After recent reinstall of the game i now have a new issue.
When starting the game in steam the installation window opens asking me for installation language.
(game is already installed) After closing the window game starts.

That's just the launcher setup. It just sets the language and makes sure things are set correctly in registry. You shouldn't get it every time you launch the game though. If that's the case let us know.

That's just the launcher setup. It just sets the language and makes sure things are set correctly in registry. You shouldn't get it every time you launch the game though. If that's the case let us know.

I get this every time i start the game.
I reinstalled the game from a Steam Backup, so maybe that is causing a problem.

I get this every time i start the game.
I reinstalled the game from a Steam Backup, so maybe that is causing a problem.

Were you part of closed beta at all? A normal player should only get this on the first time installation or when reinstalling. But otherwise this is only seen by devs and betatesters who switch between applications and branches within them.

Doing it from a backup might have something to do with it. Try the following to force Steam to check games in the library.

- Turn off Steam completely.

- Open your Steam installation directory e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

- Delete the file AppUpdateStats.blob.

- Restart Steam and let it update itself.

I don˙t want to open a new topic just for that, but sometimes I get a big mirror and motec display:

2014-10-2100003.jpg

sometimes they are small:

2014-10-2100004.jpg

This happens completely random :unsure:.

I think, I also saw a split time once in that display, but not any more, or maybe that was another game :).

Were you part of closed beta at all? A normal player should only get this on the first time installation or when reinstalling. But otherwise this is only seen by devs and betatesters who switch between applications and branches within them.

Doing it from a backup might have something to do with it. Try the following to force Steam to check games in the library.

Just wanted to let you know that i reinstalled R3E, this time didn't use the backup but downloaded the files. Game now starts without problems :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%