R3E has been updated 08-05-2014

08-05-2014

- Added content that will be available in store soon.
- Added content for a special event this weekend. Check insider.simbin.com for more information soon.

Sound
- Improved multichannel read/front balance volume for all cars.
- Added locked brake sounds for all cars.
- Updated P4/5 Competizione cockpit sounds.

Portal:
- Fixed an issue where some players were getting Error 404 after exiting a competition.
- Fixed an issue where only the first 500 subscribers were getting updates on newsfeed from fan pages.
- Various optimizations and fixes to the portal backend and frontend.

Where did you get that info? Is the content available already? I don't see it in the store.
It's updated in the Steamapps folder. ;)

I'm quite sure that this weekend will come a special ADAC GT Masters event with GT3 cars at Zandvoort. The real GT Masters series is at Zandvoort as well. :cool:

Anyone else still having the "Black Screen" issue?
From Sonat in the Steam R3E forum:

Hi guys,

We are still investigating the issue together with Nvidia but things are going a bit slow.

While we don't have a solution apart from rolling back to drivers 332.21, I can give some insight and our suspicions for the cause, which we are investigating at the moment.

The issue is that Windows TDR (Time Detection and Recovery) system is causing the Nvidia kernel driver to restart. As a result the game rendering stops (game is actually still running but the rendering will remain blank white/black) and cannot recover until the application is killed manually.

On our end we have a suspicion that it is related to Scaleform and we are debugging the issue. However, this is just a suspicion and the random nature of issue and making the investigation time consuming.

Hopefully we will be able to find the cause and either fix it or let NVIDIA know so that they can resolve it with the next driver update.

I'm sorry for not being able to give good news here but we will do our best to resolve this problem as soon as possible.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/558751364542692025/#c558755530135634974

Sadly that's the case Dean, we have to wait for Nvidia to fix whatever they broke. That said, Nvidia are good to deal with (at least according to ISI), so there is hope that it'll be fixed soon.

That's not what I meant Bikout :)

If you read the ISI forums, specifically one of the 'which GPU should I buy?' thread, Tim Weatley of ISI responded to buy Nvidia as rF2 worked far better with their GPU's. The reason: ISI had asked for help from both ATI and Nvidia & only Nvidia responded and worked with ISI to optimise the drivers to suit.

The SLI profile might well be borked for now but I bet Nvidia get it sorted sooner rather than later. I have rF2 at max settings with 20 cars running around Silverstone in storm conditions and rF2 holds a solid 60fps on a single GTX 680 which is good enough for me and it's something people running rF2 with a 7970 or 280 could only dream about (things may have changed with the most recent beta drivers).

The point is Nvidia are happy to work with all developers to get the most out of the game; SimBin are likely working with Nividia to get the R3E issue sorted.

Last edited:
That's not what I meant Bikout :)

If you read the ISI forums, specifically one of the 'which GPU should I buy?' thread, Tim Weatley of ISI responded to buy Nvidia as rF2 worked far better with their GPU's. The reason: ISI had asked for help from both ATI and Nvidia & only Nvidia responded and worked with ISI to optimise the drivers to suit.

The SLI profile might well be borked for now but I bet Nvidia get it sorted sooner rather than later. I have rF2 at max settings with 20 cars running around Silverstone in storm conditions and rF2 holds a solid 60fps on a single GTX 680 which is good enough for me and it's something people running rF2 with a 7970 or 280 could only dream about (things may have changed with the most recent beta drivers).

The point is Nvidia are happy to work with all developers to get the most out of the game; SimBin are likely working with Nividia to get the R3E issue sorted.

Problem is Travis, I play at 2560x1600 resolution on a 30" monitor and there are others that want to play on triple screens which is MUCH higher resolution so a single GPU isn't cutting it in rFactor 2 if you like to turn on all the graphics details, and let's be honest when you own two very high cards like 780's, you want to use them.

I was kidding when I made my statement about ISI and Nvidia, but only half-heartedly. I'm still waiting for the SLI profile for rFactor 2, R3E, and GSC. iRacing and Assetto Corsa both work fine in SLI. It's not that I can't play RF2, R3E or GSC, I can at almost max detail in all of those games even with a single GPU, but having the bare minimum of 60fps with a few drops below occasionally is not what I want. I prefer framerates in the 100's-200's for smoothness. By the time those games sort out their SLI profiles, I'll likely have upgraded to the next generation of Nvidia video cards just to get framerates where I want them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back