R3E Feedback Time

So you've all been playing for a while , you have new content etc .

It would be nice to get some general chat + feedback about the game as it is at present , not what modes its missing but whats there now ...

how you feel the overall performance is , how the cars are balanced , how the ffb is , collisions , graphics etc

things like the FFB is sh** isnt really feedback ; go into depth about what the issue is and throw some ideas at it on what would make sense ....

if we can can you keep it to your opinions and not go into a general back and forth discussion about other peoples opinions

i will do my best to make sure the DEV's read this

many thanks

Andi

Like any buisnes communication is vital....not sure why they wont share how the development is going, goal, direction and whats next for the project? I think a little info would greatly increase the popularity of the game and get more people interested. As a loyal simbin fan iam excited for what ive seen so far and i know it will be another great title but its hard to get others interested into joining when i have no idea where the games direction is going ?

Yeah, it is awfully quiet around here. I'm sure things will pickup once the Single-player Race & Multi-player modes are in place. I have been forcing the AI to bunch up behind me just so I can hear the flyby's in replay with a pack of cars - it sounds amazing! I really like the dynamic sounds of the Z4. You brought out some nice rasp and engine braking sounds and they work very well with the gearbox whine - good stuff Anthoni.

I realize different computer/whell combos work differently but I'm really enjoying the FFB and have a lot of feel with most of the cars, especially with track elevation changes. I admit online and single player races will really help, but still I am thoroughly enjoying driving the cars and tracks that are in the game now. My opinion of course, but it works for me. Even without updates I have noticed that my setups are now saved which is a great change! So it is getting better even though I am anxious to see more.

The FFB is great for me but, it may be that others tune into different effects than I do. Front tire grip feel and weight of the car effects are excellent using the G25, I wish I had more of that feel in other titles. It did require quite a lot of tuning to make it work though.

Yes, I think many are waiting for SP & MP. It will be interesting to see how things pick up then.

Like any buisnes communication is vital....not sure why they wont share how the development is going, goal, direction and whats next for the project? I think a little info would greatly increase the popularity of the game and get more people interested. As a loyal simbin fan iam excited for what ive seen so far and i know it will be another great title but its hard to get others interested into joining when i have no idea where the games direction is going ?

I agree, and we are trying to improve this part of our communication! Hopefully you will start to see changes in the near future

I currently subscribe to iRacing but, it doesn't fit my limited schedule and the lack of AI makes it boring when you have limited time to play (hot-lapping) so something like RRRE can be a good substitute once it has more features. I'm not crazy about the pay-model either but, everything is getting more expensive and I'm not surprised that developers are having to find more ways to increase revenue.

iRacing is just plain expensive unless you have the time to take full advantage of what it has to offer and when I unsubscribe to the service - I lose my investment completely. The longer you use iRacing, the more you have invested - the more you lose when you stop. It may be considered a bargain for some but, for me it is a luxury I can no longer afford.

Given the choice between paying more money to have more quality SIM choices on PC vs. few or no new SIMS for little money - I'd choose the former every time. I do have to find a happy medium in terms of value though - so RRRE is a better deal than iRacing but, not as good as rF2 and the like. Of course, this is my personal opinion based on my circumstances.

What are you talking about???? if you stop your monthly payment and subscribe say, 6 months later, all the cars tracks you did purchase are still yours... Second, they often offer discount for renewal membership like 50$ for 1 years or buy 1 years and got the second years for free.. I bought stuff from time to time, its not really a problem.. Also, you have an updated software each 3 months, good forum, good staff. People are talking about the fact they cant race because of their schedule but people often forget to mention that on Iracing, you can join hosted race at all time or join a league you like.. enough about the false facts..

What are you talking about???? if you stop your monthly payment and subscribe say, 6 months later, all the cars tracks you did purchase are still yours... Second, they often offer discount for renewal membership like 50$ for 1 years or buy 1 years and got the second years for free.. I bought stuff from time to time, its not really a problem.. Also, you have an updated software each 3 months, good forum, good staff. People are talking about the fact they cant race because of their schedule but people often forget to mention that on Iracing, you can join hosted race at all time or join a league you like.. enough about the false facts..

My point is that once you stop paying the subscription, you no longer have access to the content or the option to race offline (FACT). Regarding schedules, if you want to be even slightly competitive, you have to pay your dues by turning lots of laps. Road races can be pretty long and that requires meeting a set schedule - not gonna work for me. Add to that - the road racing practice sessions are not very populated from my experience. So, compared to other options, iRacing is extremely expensive for me when you consider how little I actually can use it. It's a luxury I can no longer justify. I get that others can - good for them and iRacing. I wish them all the success in the world but, going forward, a SIM has to have an offline mode for me to be able to get good use out it.

Apparently, I should begin or end every sentence with "IMO". Can you point out where I stated that any of my views about iRacing should be taken as "Fact"? I even ended my reply by stating that it was my personal opinion and that is a "fact" as well so what are you talking about????? That's my view - get over it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%