R3E Dashboards and In-Game widgets

Stefan Mizzi submitted a new resource:

R3E Web Dashboards - R3E Web Dashboards

Hi :) I have developed a simple web dashboard for myself and thought of sharing it with you. Not sure if you'll find it useful as unless you have an extra monitor, tablet or mobile, this wont be of much use.

But anyways, this web dashboard can be access from any of your devices as long as it is on the same WIFI or you are using your external IP.

Requirements:
Windows and .NET 4..5

Install:
See attached file to this post

Log:...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Stefan, thanks for your hard work, I got it running on my PC and it is fantastic to use. I tried tonight to get it running on my tablet, but it will not connect. Question: What is the IP address that I must put in on the PC and also on the tablet? My PC IP address is 10.0.0.27 and my tablet IP address is 10.0.0.7. Where does 127.0.0.1 come in, when must it be used? Many thanks, Christo

Hi Stefan, thanks for your hard work, I got it running on my PC and it is fantastic to use. I tried tonight to get it running on my tablet, but it will not connect. Question: What is the IP address that I must put in on the PC and also on the tablet? My PC IP address is 10.0.0.27 and my tablet IP address is 10.0.0.7. Where does 127.0.0.1 come in, when must it be used? Many thanks, Christo
The 127.0.0.1 is always the local computer/tablet so if you try ping 127.0.0.1 you will ping yourself. It is not used afaik at except for troubleshooting your local networkcard.
From your tablet, open your browser and type the adress: dash.proracing.club instead of the ip adress.
You should then get the start screen and there you can add the ip adress 10.0.0.27 and port 57777

Best of luck

Hi sorry to bother you with this but I can't get it to start anymore.
Way back I did some testing with Raceroom in windowed mode and some on-screen widgets. Now it crashes on loading but it adds the widgets on the screen. Uninstallaing and reinstalling the application makes no difference, the same result with crash and widgets on screen.
I deleted the folder if still there after uninstall and also the Stephan Mizzi folder in appdata but is there any other folder which I need to delete or perhaps a registry entry as it seems to have kept my settings since way back?

Hi, sorry for late reply but was abroad for a week of holiday. Can you post the screen shot error message? For which game you are trying? Also there is a log file, you can find it through the log button on the app. All the files are there. You do NOT need to delete this. If you do, you will loose any saved dashboards.

Thanks

Hi Christo, what Lars said is correct.

So you can leave the setting to Local IP if your tablet/mobile is connected to the same network or WIFI. So basically, your device needs to be connected to the same network/wifi as your computer for it to work. Then like Lars said, open dash.proracing.club on your device and enter the IP/Port as seen on the app where you have Local IP.

If you want to use/access the data from over the internet, then select External IP on the app, but then you need to setup port forwarding on your computer.

Let me know if you need more info.

Hi, sorry for late reply but was abroad for a week of holiday. Can you post the screen shot error message? For which game you are trying? Also there is a log file, you can find it through the log button on the app. All the files are there. You do NOT need to delete this. If you do, you will loose any saved dashboards.

Thanks
Actually I can't give you anything as I did a full reinstallation from scratch last week. This was by no means because of your software, there was other issues aswell. So now it works nicely again :)

The 127.0.0.1 is always the local computer/tablet so if you try ping 127.0.0.1 you will ping yourself. It is not used afaik at except for troubleshooting your local networkcard.
From your tablet, open your browser and type the adress: dash.proracing.club instead of the ip adress.
You should then get the start screen and there you can add the ip adress 10.0.0.27 and port 57777

Best of luck
Thanks Lars and Stefan as well, was my firewall preventing me to connect, but with your help I knew what to enter for IP's and then localize the fault. :thumbsup:

Hi Stefan, I tried to use this dashboard, but I got this error message, afterthat I started Raceroom:
upload_2017-10-31_15-56-48.png

What is the problem?

OK....so I could not create the usual installer exe as the setup is on my pc still on the way...but....all you need to do is this:

1. Download this file http://dash.proracing.club/downloads/ProracingBin_Beta_v1.6.3.7_x64.zip
2. Uzip it and copy the files to ProRacingDashboard\Bin\Release
3. Override all files if it ask you that they already exist

This is beta of course I could not test it at all...sorry! Let me know :)

Hello Stefan, I love your app, yet I have a small problem. I use Oculus and I don't have any idea of how to move the widgets or the dashboard into the Oculus screen :(:thumbsdown:
I use Assetto Corsa and Raceroom Experience, both with Oculus, so I would like to see the widgets on screen.
Also, I installed the add on on Assetto Corsa, I guess is the app that says "Just race", which I activated it and also selected on the lateral menu on the racetrack, but it just shows me the title: "Just race". What I should do?
Thanks for your time. :D

Hello Stefan, I love your app, yet I have a small problem. I use Oculus and I don't have any idea of how to move the widgets or the dashboard into the Oculus screen :(:thumbsdown:
I use Assetto Corsa and Raceroom Experience, both with Oculus, so I would like to see the widgets on screen.
Also, I installed the add on on Assetto Corsa, I guess is the app that says "Just race", which I activated it and also selected on the lateral menu on the racetrack, but it just shows me the title: "Just race". What I should do?
Thanks for your time. :D

Hi mate,

I don't have Oculus yet so never had to chance to test it, but a few weeks ago I had suggested the below to someone with the same issue and he said it worked! :)

How about this?

There are download links in the video details:

Tutorial on how to overlay windows from your desktop into any VR game. Watch movies or read chat in VR.

The program is called OpenVRDesktopDisplayPortal by Hotrian, see below for links.

Download link:
https://github.com/Hotrian/OpenVRDesk...

Hotrian's Reddit post with instructions and information:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comment...

If you want to overlay Twitch chat, this program works but you can also use this similar program made by the same person specifically for Twitch chat:
https://github.com/Hotrian/OpenVRTwit...

This program works on both the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift VR HMDs, but some games on the Oculus Rift will not work. All HTC Vive games will work.

If you are seeing a black box, click on the box next to the window selection dropdown menu to toggle Direct Capture mode.

Remember to save your profile for each game so it's easy to load up the same overlay position!

As for Assetto Corsa, yes, the plugin is JustRace. The plugin is there to read the telemetry data so that it is streamed to the proracing dashboard. The ingame app does not do anything, and no need to be shown :)

Is the dashboard for AC working? If yes, then its all good.

Also FYI, I am currently working on a huge update, where all the session results and telemetry will be saved. One will also be able to analyse a lap or compare it to another one. The analysis will also be in real time. I will try to post a video soon. I'm also updating the livetiming and track maps for AC too.

Let me know if you get any issues ;)

Hi mate,

I don't have Oculus yet so never had to chance to test it, but a few weeks ago I had suggested the below to someone with the same issue and he said it worked! :)

How about this?

There are download links in the video details:

Tutorial on how to overlay windows from your desktop into any VR game. Watch movies or read chat in VR.

The program is called OpenVRDesktopDisplayPortal by Hotrian, see below for links.

Download link:
https://github.com/Hotrian/OpenVRDesk...

Hotrian's Reddit post with instructions and information:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comment...

If you want to overlay Twitch chat, this program works but you can also use this similar program made by the same person specifically for Twitch chat:
https://github.com/Hotrian/OpenVRTwit...

This program works on both the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift VR HMDs, but some games on the Oculus Rift will not work. All HTC Vive games will work.

If you are seeing a black box, click on the box next to the window selection dropdown menu to toggle Direct Capture mode.

Remember to save your profile for each game so it's easy to load up the same overlay position!

As for Assetto Corsa, yes, the plugin is JustRace. The plugin is there to read the telemetry data so that it is streamed to the proracing dashboard. The ingame app does not do anything, and no need to be shown :)

Is the dashboard for AC working? If yes, then its all good.

Also FYI, I am currently working on a huge update, where all the session results and telemetry will be saved. One will also be able to analyse a lap or compare it to another one. The analysis will also be in real time. I will try to post a video soon. I'm also updating the livetiming and track maps for AC too.

Let me know if you get any issues ;)

Thank you so much for your kind help and interest. ;)
Today, I'll test all the possible solutions you have given me.:geek:

Yeah, that overhaul of your app will be awesome. Remember, please :thumbsup:, to allow us to select our choice of folder to save the telemetry, so we can check the telemetry later on and store it in a specific HD.

Awesome app you are building.Thanks again :thumbsup::)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back