R3E controller .rcs files

just a quick post , i will add to this as i can...

so if you have an .rcs file you wish to share add it to this thread .. can we try to make it a one stop shop and just a quick description and not to much chat so you don't have to dig through 20 long posts to find a file .So if you use one and you like it then like that post that its in and people can see what files are used most ( if there are profiler settings can you type them and not add a million pictures.... but you can create a topic and do all that jazz and link to it in your post here .... )

thanks gents

Andi

@Paul Nadon

Sorry to upset you, maybe my English is not that good. I thought ''lean towards'' is not the same as ''feels the same as''.
I only used some different forces that feel good for me.
If this is the new racing community by attacking private persons who wants to share something of his hobby, I'm out.

Peter you took all wrong, this was not an attack on your set up or anybody else's work, it was directed at Simbin. And it was not an attack. All you guys should not have do this great work for Simbin when it comes to FFB. Yes, I should have posted this in the Feedback section. So I apologies to you Peter and anyone else who may have been offended. And no, it's my English that's not all that good.

Cheers!

ill jump in here and thank you for your apology ... so thankyou !!

the written form is hard with many languages etc and some times can come across "wrong"...

my take on ffb is its like a cup of coffee , its hard to find someone who makes it exactly like you like it and developers are people to so they build it as they like it and also have a tendency towards a neutral build to try and cover the maximum amount of people .... this has its draw backs as we know .

This thread , and its rcs is monitored by people involved in developing and testing to try and get an over view ...

All of the tweaking that people are doing is looking for something specific and both Peter and myself are guilty of tweaking alot ... we have both been playing with the base values of the gsc ffb in r3e at the same time knowing that gsc also uses real feel ...

for me am i looking for a real /perfectly car like setting ... well um no .. im looking for a constant feeling that tells me through the wheel what the car is doing , . for me im nearly there i just want to feel the loss of front wheel grip a little more and some more road surface feeling ....

so hopefully through tweaking and feedback we will get the base ffb in game the best it can be

Andi

What I find amazing is that we are still having to swap FFB settings in this latest SIMBIN title.

You'd have thought they would've sorted the FFB now so it performs out of the box without tweaking. They've been doing it long enough. Also even more annoying for people who have no experience with this FFB engine is that they do not explain at all what the menu options actually do, let alone the other settings in the .rcs file.

I know myself but for someone just playing a SIMBIN game for the first time they would think......"why does the FFB suck so bad?". It doesn't. SIMBIN just don't set it right.

*sigh* Anyway after tweaking the FFB it is now very, very detailed and pleasing to me and I am actually really surprised at how good this sim feels.

Here's my settings for anyone interested..the important bits in bold...copy paste the lines or just the values into your .rcs file.

I use a G25 with a 300mm Sparco rim. Lower strength a bit for normal size wheel maybe

FFB steer force average weight="0.4"...............Lower values give a much smoother FFB feeling but can introduce latency and lowers overall force. No latency with this value but I believe this setting is FPS dependant.

FFB steer force exponent="0.95"................Tightens up the feeling around centre with lower values but removes detail in forces. Previously set to 0.75 in older SIMBIN games. For me I don't get a loose feeling in centre so I leave it high. Default was 0.99.

FFB steer force grip weight="0.25"...............25% of forces are grip........75% mass transfer.

FFB steer force grip factor="1.0"..................100% front wheels. No rearwheel grip info is sent to the wheel. You feel it through mass transfer.

FFB steer update thresh="0.0"...................If you have no FPS issues 0 is best.

FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.1"...................I always understood this should be a negative value and half of the FFB steer damper coefficient="0.2".

If you want to learn more about these settings please read Jul's FFB guide available here......

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29484

Also I tried to add the damper settings in the control panel as suggested by someone but they add nothing to the FFB that isn't there already imo. This FFB works the same way basically as it has done in all previous SIMBIN sims and I have always had damper at 0%.

Yesss ! Adopted yours setup of settings... Well done thank you very much. But I have lowered the overall strengh force to 80% (0.8) and set the overall effect to MAXI (4)
I like this set up with my G25 Wheel.
Best regards
Gerard

Hi gents ....; latest one

Fanatec Clubsport bmw Rim +trs shifter seq (just remap paddles if you wish)
Wheel settings
Sen 540/FF70+-/Sho 100/Abs 085/LIn off/Dea off/Drl off/For100/Spr off/dpr/off
profile/contol panel 900 rotation / damper 0

if anyone can test this as i could do with the feedback ..;thanks in advance

Attachments

• Clubsport Wheel bmwrim+tsr shift seq.rcs
    19.3 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:

Attachments

• bmw fana csw.txt
    545 bytes · Views: 649
  • Fanatec BMW yet again.rcs
    19.3 KB · Views: 632
  • g27.txt
    99 bytes · Views: 912
  • T500 config.jpg
    T500 config.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 762
  • t500 F1 Wheel.rcs
    15.4 KB · Views: 472
  • t500GT.rcs
    15.3 KB · Views: 513
  • Momo Racing Wheel.rcs
    15.3 KB · Views: 516
  • Logitech G27 Peter.rcs
    19.3 KB · Views: 759
  • Formula Force EX.rcs
    15.3 KB · Views: 524
  • Logitech Driving Force GT.rcs
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,168
Last edited:
I'm using a Momo wheel. Thx guys (and Peter) to share this setup, very interesting as it's a total different approach to mine. Just a brief indication: reverse force feedback is off, this surely works well in an opposite universe but in this one I would enable it ;)

Following brief feedback: cars are easy to handle and responsive (bravo!) and you can use these settings independent from the car (damn, great) ...but, yes there is a but, due to the low ffb each car feels quite similar and loses its particularity. Well, that's what I'm looking for. I use high ffb settings which allows more contrast but unfortunately this requires lots and often frustrating and time consuming car/track dependent tweaking. When I get tired I'll use your settings, I guess with a little practice I'll be even faster. That's the difference between real life and simulated physics. Thx again, really interesting!

I have no setup to share as it depends on the car and lock/sensitivity combo.

I use higher strength and force myself sometimes and these control sets are basic settings (We don't want to scare ppl).
Don't forget to reset the ffb (alt/f4) after changing the settings.

the base settings are good for all cars all you need to do is add a little more force (for the lighter cars with skinnier tyres ) and this should be good to go ... the idea behind this was to have more feeling / more sensation coming through , and hopefully to not have to much clipping ... i understand that people like stronger effects /more weight and that is possible by adjusting the ffb % but does have a trade off

Andi

Hi,

Not sure where to reply, in this thread or in your new one.

reverse force feedback previously set to off:
I mentioned it in my above posting, no problem. I read that Logitech wheels generally need reverse forces enabled.

ffb:
Given the quite low FFSteeringForce (1.35) I mistakenly thought that increasing FFS (>75%) would only have a limited impact on the other ffb settings but in fact, I find that they react even in a rather fine dosed manner. I tried stronger FFS values with different cars which made its particularity more perceptible, so this setup basis seems really suitable to work with.

What I like most with the basic FFS 75% value is this highly missing constant and underlying mass and inertia feeling, it also works fine around the wheel center, there is nearly no ffb hole, the mass transfer is smooth, nice! Together with the low FFSGW, high SWF, higher damper and friction values the control set seems well balanced and conceived. Despite the focus on mass rather grip weight the sharp lock/sensitivity 12/100 choice (for a 200 degree limited wheel) makes the car responsive, nice x2. Cornering and braking forces are also rather well translated. Increasing resistance at higher speed would be great.

I find that this interplay of forces is somewhat altered when chosing a sensible higher FFS value. I think that's the main challenge: providing a constant mass/inertia feeling (which requires damper and friction) together with crisp, less dampered but gradual effects. It's a compromise as opposite forces have to be put in only one wheel. In conjunction with my (deficient) concept (higher FFS FFSF FFSGW, somewhat lower SWF, 8-11/100 lock/sens) I will try to get ur setup a litte less dampered and mine smoother.

Lets take Judd 134 V8 as an example: with your control set I'm missing a certain nervousness and brutality ;) knowing that it is my subjective interpretation of that particular car, I never drove it in real life. It's quite similar with Zakspeed Capri where I miss more trouble after a jump at full throttle. Beside trying to drive fast and accurate I also look for some fun ;)

What is strange is that the front tires barely move when steering. I wonder if there are problems between the physics engine, ffb and visual effects. Another thing, with my setup the cars need a longer braking distance with the same sensitivity setting... unless it's my imagination.

It looks as there were three simulations in one package: driving, car and ffb setup. Let's go for it.

Hello, I have a problem.
I am in possession of a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel EU in the game race racing room and 'impossible to use, there is no' FFB no linearity 'and no hope of simulation. Also ask for help 'cause I'm playing with the joystick of my x-box.
I ask for help in setting the steering wheel.
Thanks in advance

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing