R3E controller .rcs files

just a quick post , i will add to this as i can...

so if you have an .rcs file you wish to share add it to this thread .. can we try to make it a one stop shop and just a quick description and not to much chat so you don't have to dig through 20 long posts to find a file .So if you use one and you like it then like that post that its in and people can see what files are used most ( if there are profiler settings can you type them and not add a million pictures.... but you can create a topic and do all that jazz and link to it in your post here .... )

thanks gents

Andi

What about the medium, high and full profiles you can select from ingame? .. no info is beeing shared what exactly these diffrent levels add to our wheels.

Personaly i think feedback from the devs is lacking a little atm. Its good that there all hard at work and what not, but some things take priority .. like keeping youre potential cutomers informed and happy :)

What about the medium, high and full profiles you can select from ingame? .. no info is beeing shared what exactly these diffrent levels add to our wheels.

Personaly i think feedback from the devs is lacking a little atm. Its good that there all hard at work and what not, but some things take priority .. like keeping youre potential cutomers informed and happy :)
From low to full is no difference than other Simbin games and it's up to your preference how much feedback you want. Full is extra motor rumble and for the first time I dropped that an use high settings now.

Its not just engine rumble .. there is way more road noise comming through the wheel aswell.

I would like to use the full profile and turn down that rumble just a little.. Right now it shakes my wheel way to much :confused: (G27) But if i reduce the effects through the profiler untill the rumble is ok, i loose feeling of wieght transfer, rumblestrips, bumps etc.

Personaly cant wait for them to give us more profiles to try.

Edited by Andi

Code:
WARNING: THIS SETUP IS UNSTABLE HANDS OFF THE WHEEL, IF YOU LEAVE THE GAME ON AND GO AWAY WHEEL MAY CONTINUALLY KEEP ON TURNING AND TURNING TO EACH SIDE BY ITSELF, THIS MAY EVEN HAPPEN WITH THE GAME CLOSED SO MAKE SURE TO UNPLUG YOUR WHEEL AFTER PLAYING

this is a control setup designed to work with a nervous oversteery ride and have set my G25 in factories default setup in the profiller

as i see it the force feedback is an automatic syetem with two functions: selfstabilize the car and indicate grip

how does it become self stabilizing?:

basically when you spin it automatically produces an imput force which countersteers to level the car, this is a natural effect in cars i guess
that can be amplified with overstabilization(negative damping) or damped with understabilization

a similar automatic system would be a fridge, when it reaches 5ºC the freeze engine jumps in, after reachin 2ºc it stops, thats why it only does noise at times

how does it show grip?

im not sure, if i had to design a wheel that did this i would design something like this that follows because i dont think it naturally does since the servo would kill this effect imo:

a system that automatically turns the front wheels left and right very fast in the range of micrometers and measure torsion that would be equivalent to grip

now ill go on on what i THINK each thing does

[ Controls ]
Name="aaa"
ReadOnly="0"
Device Count="2" // Limit is 128 number of devices, don't change this value, let the game take care of it
Device Weight="0" // Only used on predetermined devices to prioritize them when starting game first time
Keyboard Steering="0.5"
Keyboard Throttle="0.5"
Keyboard Brake="0.5"
Keyboard Clutch="0.5"
Analog interpolate sector1="10.0"
Analog interpolate sector2="10.0"
Analog interpolate sector3="10.0"
Force Feedback="1"
Steer Lock Value="14"

real racers seem to set wheel sensitivity to the lowest they can handle in such a way that in the slowests corner they take the corner without taking the hands of the wheel but i disagree with this idea

ive found that increasing sensitivity actually increases countersteer time reaction, its not the same having to move the wheel 50º to countersteer than 25º

also i read in close to an accident situation bikes can actually brake and turn more than the pilot does, so increased sensivility is a way to go closer to the limit as we are refrained by our survival instinct

of course this high sensitivity comes to the price of lost of precision, so this has to be tweaked correctly, high sensitivity will make a setup nervous while identical setup with less sensitivity will be more calmed and stable, in fact every corner needs a certain sensitivity

Mouse Steering="0" // Use mouse left/right movement to steer
Mouse Throttle="0" // Use left mouse button to control throttle
Mouse Brakes="0" // Use right mouse button to control brakes
Mouse Gears="0" // Use mouse wheel to control gears
Mimic Steering="0" // Mimic AI or pitlane assistance with force feedback
Gear Select Button Hold="0" // Enable this option if using a gear select device that holds down a joystick button while in a gear and releases all buttons in neutral (such as the Act-Labs USB Shifter)
Alternate Rearlook Activation="1" // if left look and right look are both pressed, rearlook becomes activated
HMD Pitch Exponent="1.0" // Exponent to apply to pitch tracking. > 1.0 makes tracking near-center slower, > 0 & < 1.0 makes tracking near-center faster.
HMD Yaw Exponent="1.0" // Exponent to apply to yaw tracking. > 1.0 makes tracking near-center slower, > 0 & < 1.0 makes tracking near-center faster.
HMD Roll Exponent="1.0" // Exponent to apply to roll tracking. > 1.0 makes tracking near-center slower, > 0 & < 1.0 makes tracking near-center faster.
Options Num Controls="105" // Number of configurable controls displayed in options
Freelook Mouse Pitch Speed="0.001" // Freelook pitch speed when using mouse.
Freelook Mouse Yaw Speed="0.001" // Freelook yaw speed when using mouse.
Freelook Keyboard Pitch Speed="1.5" // Freelook pitch speed when using keyboard.
Freelook Keyboard Pitch Accel="4.0" // Freelook pitch acceleration when using keyboard.
Freelook Keyboard Pitch Decel="4.0" // Freelook pitch deceleration when using keyboard.
Freelook Keyboard Yaw Speed="1.5" // Freelook yaw speed when using keyboard.
Freelook Keyboard Yaw Accel="4.0" // Freelook Yaw acceleration when using keyboard.
Freelook Keyboard Yaw Decel="4.0" // Freelook Yaw deceleration when using keyboard.
Freelook Up Limit="0.1" // Freelook Up Limit, between 0 and 0.25.
Freelook Down Limit="-0.15" // Freelook Down Limit, between 0 and -0.25.
TrackIR Pitch Down Limit="-0.15" // Min: -1.00, Max: 0, Default: -0.15
TrackIR Pitch Up Limit="0.05" // Min: 0, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.05
TrackIR Yaw Left Limit="-0.4" // Min: -1.00, Max: 0, Default: -0.40
TrackIR Yaw Right Limit="0.4" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.40
TrackIR Roll Left Limit="-0.075" // Min: -1.00, Max: 0.00, Default: -0.075
TrackIR Roll Right Limit="0.075" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.075
TrackIR Move Left Limit="-0.05" // Min: -1.00, Max: 0.00, Default: -0.05
TrackIR Move Right Limit="0.05" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.05
TrackIR Move Down Limit="-0.05" // Min: -1.00, Max: 0.00, Default: -0.05
TrackIR Move Up Limit="0.03" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.03
TrackIR Move Forward Limit="-0.25" // Min: -1.00, Max: 0.00, Default: -0.25
TrackIR Move Back Limit="0.25" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.25
G27 Led range low="0.81" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.81
G27 Led range high="0.96" // Min: 0.00, Max: 1.00, Default: 0.96
Steer Ratio Speed="5.5999999" // Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters/sec, 0.0 to
Setup Control Set="0" // used in menus to determine if walkthrough setup should run when entering Control Options
Control - Steer Left="(1, 2, -1030159251, 0)"
Control - Steer Right="(1, 1, -1030159251, 0)"
Control - Accelerate="(1, 4, -905706387, 1)"
Control - Brake="(1, 12, -905706387, 5)"
Control - Clutch In="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Shift Up="(1, 17, -1030159251, 8)"
Control - Shift Down="(1, 18, -1030159251, 8)"
Control - Ignition="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Starter="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Pit Speed Limiter="(0, 38, 0, 8)"
Control - Driving View="(0, 210, 0, 8)"
Control - MoTeC Flip Page="(0, 205, 0, 8)"
Control - Look Left="(0, 47, 0, 0)"
Control - Look Right="(0, 49, 0, 0)"
Control - Rear Look="(0, 48, 0, 0)"
Control - Previous TC step="(1, 20, -1030159251, 8)"
Control - Next TC step="(1, 19, -1030159251, 8)"
Control - Reverse Gear="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - First Gear="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Second Gear="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Third Gear="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Fourth Gear="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Fifth Gear="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Sixth Gear="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Seventh Gear="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Neutral="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Reset Car="(0, 18, 0, 0)"
Control - Pause="(0, 25, 0, 0)"
Control - Instant Replay="(0, 19, 0, 0)"
Control - Headlights="(0, 35, 0, 0)"
Control - Display Driver Nametags="(0, 32, 0, 0)"
Control - Brake Bias Front="(0, 26, 0, 8)"
Control - Brake Bias Rear="(0, 27, 0, 8)"
Control - Toggle Driver Name Tags="(0, 27, 0, 0)"
Control - Toggle Virtual Mirror="(0, 10, 0, 0)"
Control - Toggle Position Bar="(0, 9, 0, 0)"
Control - Toggle Raceline="(0, 5, 0, 0)"
Control - Toggle Ghost car="(0, 4, 0, 0)"
Control - Toggle Position Bar Settings="(0, 203, 0, 8)"
Control - Toggle Free Look="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Toggle Track Map="(0, 12, 0, 0)"
Control - Toggle Apexhunt Display="(0, 13, 0, 0)"
Control - Zero Free Look="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Handbrake="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Time Acceleration="(0, 37, 0, 0)"
Control - Center TrackIR="(0, 57, 0, 8)"
Control - Adjust Seat Fore="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Adjust Seat Aft="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Adjust Seat Up="(0, 200, 0, 8)"
Control - Adjust Seat Down="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Realtime Chat="(0, 46, 0, 0)"
Control - Quick Chat #1="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Quick Chat #2="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Quick Chat #3="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Quick Chat #4="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Quick Chat #5="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Quick Chat #6="(0, 89, 0, 0)"
Control - Camera Slow Move="(0, 208, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Move Up="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Move Down="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Free Flight Camera="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Move Forward="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Move Backward="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Move Left="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Move Right="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Tilt Up="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Tilt Down="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Tilt Left="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Tilt Right="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Turn Left="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Turn Right="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Zoom In="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Camera Zoom Out="(0, 89, 0, 8)"
Control - Toggle speed cluster (full, mini, off)="(0, 8, 0, 8)"
Speed Sensitive Steering="0.0"
FFB Device Name="none"
FFB Device Name Alternative="none"
FFB Rumble Pad="0" // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="0.37" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="1.0" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.

the higher this setting the higher the output steering grip frecuency, i set the ff in
such a way the higher the grip the higher the frecuency and intensity of vibes, you have to hear
the vibrations at all times, if you dont feel vibes it means youre skidding and as you close the grip limit they lower

FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="1.000000e-020" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).

i found out best to set this very low

FFB steer vibe slope="12.5" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).

after lot of tweaking i found this best increasing it increases the frecuency gradient between low and high grip
but produces high vibrations at high speeds that im afraid would shorten my g25 life

FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="1.0" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.

since i have a low force profile i hardly have spikes yet a very responsive and lagless ff so i set this to one only interested in new ff info

FFB steer force exponent="0.65" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.

this is the sensitivity of the self stabilizing automatic system, going on with the fridge example if you reduce it
you make the fridge engine start at 3º and stop a 3.1º if you increase it it will be 1 and 10ºC,
if you reduce it to much wheel will shake in the center if you reduce it feel lose

FFB steer force input max="-11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="2.0" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="1.0" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="0.0" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.

this will be quite unorthodox but since i can tell skid and grip by steering vibrations i dont need the wheel becoming light when i skid, 0.75 means 75% automatic syetem that detects grip truning the wheel lighter 25% self stabilizing automatic system,
i foubnd all this does increasing it is make the wheel go light before in the same situation, going light is really bad cause then you give unwanted imputs

FFB steer update thresh="1.500000e-005" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.0" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0

increasing this imho would be the equivalent of a rusty weel

FFB steer friction saturation="0.0" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="-0.47" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0

this makes the self stabilizing effect faster by being acelrated by ff, in the fridge exmple would be rising and lowering the temperature very fast, in systems with inertia as the wheel will make it unstable so as long as you put the hands off the wheel it will crash
but i find that just holding it with the hands give it the perfect natural damping

FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0

i found all rest of vibes to be useless and mask the important effects though some research on brake vibes would be interesting to check when brakes lock

FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.0" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration

I CUT THE REST FOR THE CHAR LIMIT

Attachments

• luxtpm ffb.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 589
can you edit/shorten or just upload your .rcs .... if you want to go into a diagnostic start a thread and link to it as this is way way to long ; i shall give you a day or so then i shall squish it .... i prefer a direct.rcs than all the copying and pasting as some people have issues with it

hope you understand

At present ive just stuck it in a code box to shorten it and added a .txt file if people want to download and read through it ... but your .rcs would be more useful

Andi

finally preferered this stable setup not to to risk to shorten my g25 life:

i got within the 0.1% top in several combos with it in get real

to be used with g25 factory default setttings

Attachments

• goodon understeer.rcs
    19.1 KB · Views: 540
I wasn't happy with the BMW E30 but here a some new better settings for the T500rs.
540/18
60%
100%
80%
0%
10%

If you still have a "loos'' feeling, reduce the ''Steering Weight Force'' to 0.3.

Attachments

• T500rs high.rcs
    19.2 KB · Views: 403
I have tried all these settings for months i finaly tired and left the 360 deg.and 20-22 steering lock.
But there is a very annoying issue , i try to hard to make a good time and when i put the degrees to 200 i am faster this is not fair when you play get real or it is.

Here are new contolsets for the Thrustmaster T500rs and T500 F1 wheel.
They replace the ones in the main game folder.
C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet
Drop them in here and overwrite the original ones.

They work best with these thrustmaster settings.
1080°
r3et500rssettings.png

For all other wheels you can try these settings in the FFB menu.
r3effbsettings.jpg

Attachments

• Thrustmaster T500RS.rcs
    15.6 KB · Views: 453
  • Thustmaster T500 Ferrari F1 Wheel.rcs
    15.6 KB · Views: 439
  • Deleted member 6919

Guys don't know if your aware of this but if you change these two lines in the controller set you use, ie the one that created by simbin under documents in the controlset it stops the wavey/wobble while trying to drive in a straight line if you change them both to "0" as below.

FFB steer damper coefficient="0" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%