1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R3E controller .rcs files

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Andi Goodwin, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

just a quick post , i will add to this as i can...

so if you have an .rcs file you wish to share add it to this thread .. can we try to make it a one stop shop and just a quick description and not to much chat so you don't have to dig through 20 long posts to find a file .So if you use one and you like it then like that post that its in and people can see what files are used most ( if there are profiler settings can you type them and not add a million pictures.... but you can create a topic and do all that jazz and link to it in your post here .... )

thanks gents

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

this is my current fanatec GT3RS controller file , clubsports on usb and a sequential shifter (i use the paddles for look left and right .... remap the buttons as you wish
    Sen.... whatever
    FF ..... 60+
    Sho ..... 70+ (this one is up to you )
    set the rest to zero , except for the abs mine is usually around the 80 mark

this still isnt finished as i need to get a bit more loss of steering feeling when i cook it to hard

Andi

file changed to .rcs format

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

i ve moved this from somewhere else , this is mozzmans g27 one .....

file changed to .rcs format

Andi

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

this is another.... its Peters as far as i remember ... T500 wheel

file changed to .rcs

Andi

Attached Files:

5. Here's my T500 RS settings. Includes TH8RS gear stick.

Control panel:
    1080 Rotation (30 ingame lock)
    Overall strenght 60%
    Constant 100%
    Periodic 100%
    Spring 0%
    Damper 0%
    Auto center by game

Attached Files:

6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Rather than having to edit the file name from .txt to .rcs (and vice versa), does it work if you just zip the .rcs files to post them?

7. ControlSet file for my Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel. I fixed the issue with the huge dead zones at the end of the triggers.

Attached Files:

8. I can't post zip/rar files here. Dunno if premium members can.

9. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

My current T500 rs settings
    540 degrees
    60%
    100%
    100%
    0%
    0%

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Oops! Neither can I. :confused:
    I wonder when that changed.
    Oh well, ignore my interference.:redface:

11. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Guys we have a support forum for feature requests, please use it as it will get overlooked when you post it randomly in a thread :)

What is the max/average size of these rcs files? I can make them compatible with the forum

12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

rcs files are now compatible :thumbsup: Please test if it works.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Let see if it works

Edit all looks good from here:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

14. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. What I find amazing is that we are still having to swap FFB settings in this latest SIMBIN title.

You'd have thought they would've sorted the FFB now so it performs out of the box without tweaking. They've been doing it long enough. Also even more annoying for people who have no experience with this FFB engine is that they do not explain at all what the menu options actually do, let alone the other settings in the .rcs file.

I know myself but for someone just playing a SIMBIN game for the first time they would think......"why does the FFB suck so bad?". It doesn't. SIMBIN just don't set it right.

*sigh* Anyway after tweaking the FFB it is now very, very detailed and pleasing to me and I am actually really surprised at how good this sim feels.

Here's my settings for anyone interested..the important bits in bold...copy paste the lines or just the values into your .rcs file.

I use a G25 with a 300mm Sparco rim. Lower strength a bit for normal size wheel maybe

FFB steer force average weight="0.4"...............Lower values give a much smoother FFB feeling but can introduce latency and lowers overall force. No latency with this value but I believe this setting is FPS dependant.

FFB steer force exponent="0.95"................Tightens up the feeling around centre with lower values but removes detail in forces. Previously set to 0.75 in older SIMBIN games. For me I don't get a loose feeling in centre so I leave it high. Default was 0.99.

FFB steer force grip weight="0.25"...............25% of forces are grip........75% mass transfer.

FFB steer force grip factor="1.0"..................100% front wheels. No rearwheel grip info is sent to the wheel. You feel it through mass transfer.

FFB steer update thresh="0.0"...................If you have no FPS issues 0 is best.

FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.1"...................I always understood this should be a negative value and half of the FFB steer damper coefficient="0.2".

If you want to learn more about these settings please read Jul's FFB guide available here......

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29484

Also I tried to add the damper settings in the control panel as suggested by someone but they add nothing to the FFB that isn't there already imo. This FFB works the same way basically as it has done in all previous SIMBIN sims and I have always had damper at 0%.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

thing is you may like it this way someone else will hate it , thats the problem with ffb, we are all looking for it to talk to us in a way we can understand ... and through the hardware we are using ... thats why we are always going to tweak ..

thanks for your post

Andi

18. You're right but I just wish that SIMBIN would provide a better base FFB out of the box and some information on how exactly to get what you want from it especially for people new to their games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Aye, we requested this info many times. I too would have loved to see a little ReadMe file explaining the diffrent levels of FFB etc. Lets hope they pick up on this eventually ..

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

To my knowledge no one ever has given a how to (ISI included ) and its there base code as to speak. As for a better out of the box it is all about preference (ive changed my gsc one slightly ). As for Simbin giving more base profiles choices (i believe) this is happening...

Andi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.