R3E Community Q&A

Peter

who cares
http://insider.simbin.com/r3e-community-qa/

''When we hit the 10 million kilometer mark in RaceRoom Racing Experience last week, we told you that we would be answering your questions about SimBin and direction of R3E. We want to jump right in and we can’t think of a better way to begin than with a good old fashioned community Q&A session!
Write your questions in the comments section below. We’ll collect your questions for a couple of weeks, then compile your inquiries and deliver them to the individuals in the studio who can provide the best answers. Our team is busy so it may take a little time, but we’ll share their responses with you as soon as possible.''

To Simbin
Hi, not sure if following hasn't already been asked:

Will new content be available for testing in "Try before you buy" actions? If so it would be nice to announce it some time in advance.
I wish it would be like that. Quite often i miss test days, because of the very very short-term anouncement.

Example? Last Test Drive weekend (16th + 17th Aug) was announced just right on 16th August. I would have liked to drive the FordGT but sadly missed it.

It would be great if such "Try before you buy" events would be announced a lot earlier.

I wish it would be like that. Quite often i miss test days, because of the very very short-term anouncement.

Example? Last Test Drive weekend (16th + 17th Aug) was announced just right on 16th August. I would have liked to drive the FordGT but sadly missed it.

It would be great if such "Try before you buy" events would be announced a lot earlier.

Hi, Ernie, I'll do my best to make sure future events are communicated in advance.

Ok, just another small question.
Even it is a minor issue, but after trying DTM Experience i noticed that the virtual rear mirror doesn't have this lowFPS problem like R3E. The stuttering virtual mirror in R3E with its aprox. 15 fps is quite disturbing, while the main view runs smooth. DTM-E proves that it's possible.
So when we could expect a solution for the lowFPS virtual mirror in R3E?

This is indeed pathetic. I have been following this thread for months now, and just signing up to this forum to post this.
The mere fact that we cannot even get simple answers to simple questions probably is a sign that this will end up as a time attack simulation thing. Or what?
I hate myself for having actually bought content of something not finished. I only blame it on myself for being so naive to believe that R3E was actually going to be a simulation worth investing some time (and money) into. Time Attack? Well, first you think it is a nice way to brush up skills by the time 'multiplayer' (or even single with AI) is made available...Well well and here we are months later, not even knowing what is the direction is for R3E? Few words. Not a video.

It feels like doing a doing payment on a car but it is just being delayed and delayed and delayed...
Please Kunos, release Assetto Corsa tomorrow so that maybe simbin will get out of their silence..Competition is good.
Because AC tomorrow without R3E with a clear game plan will kill R3E.

When is GTR3 out by the way? :whistling:

yawn.....:sleep:

I know you've been busy releasing 50% of DTM-E but we've not seen anything of the Q&A since Sept 5th, surely there were more than 7 questions and it's now 4 (FOUR) MONTHS since Q&A Part 2 which is taking the P155, it's now heading for a year since you started this Q&A, can you finish at least one project :rolleyes:

I don't know when/if the new Q&A videos will roll in but I think we'll see more of them in 2014. The dev-blogs might answer some questions indirectly as they're about what exactly we're working on, that will come into the game soon, be it patches or work in progress features that are in progress.

But I don't think it can be considered as a true Q&A section since I'm not answering questions directly.

The first Q&A version, which was a written version was done very fast, but turned out not to be the way to go.

The first two videos took months to produce, were rubbish and turned out not to be the way to go. I presume you still have the first Q&A version so refine it and release it, you've had enough time to write a book let alone a Q&A, it's what most people wanted in the first place.

I think you should consider this

As we are about to enter a new year, we start looking back at what went wrong and what we can improve. And better communication with more transparency is definitely something we want to and will improve.

If you don't want to or can't (for whatever reason) answer the questions be honest about it, I would have a lot more respect for the Devs if they were.

Regards

Last edited:
If you don't want to or can't (for whatever reason) answer the questions be honest about it, I would have a lot more respect for the Devs if they did.
Agree. Sometimes a "No" (even if it's disappointing) is more informative than no information at all. Honest answers are better than creating false hopes.

I'm not the only one who's thinking the lack of important informations is some kind of delaying tactics. Hopefully this doesn't continue in 2014, even if it's said that Simbin is aiming to improve communication. But good intentions for the new year and the truth are two pairs of shoes. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%