R3E Club Racing…. Suggestions Page!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hi folks,

Well, the club has been back up a running for a while now and seems to be maturing quite nicely, so thank you to everyone who has participated in the races so far.. it’s very much appreciated :thumbsup::) I would like to particularly thank those of you who sign up for events week in week out, our little core group of people who continually participate in the races is growing weekly… I’m sure come the end of summer we will have a great group of racers fighting for position in large closely matched grids across the great variety of content on offer within our favourite sim… the future really is looking good here at RD with R3E, and I’m excited to be sharing it with you all in the coming weeks and months….

I wanted to create this thread as an opportunity for you all to offer your thoughts and opinions on what content and format the race club should take going forwards… please do use this thread to float ideas, make requests and just generally chat about what sort of things you want to see from your club in the future.
When we restarted this club a few weeks ago, it was decided to offer up a consistent weekly approach to our racing for the week, keeping the same track all week (something that will remain for the foreseeable future) and offering a consistent serving of week in week out. As you are probably already aware, the current format looks like this:
Monday – WTCC 2014
Tuesday – DTM92 & TC Classic
Wednesday – WTCC 2014 Double Header
Thursday – ADAC 2013/14
Friday – DTM 2013
Saturday – Alternates weekly
Sunday – Multi Class Endurance (alternate cars)

All races currently run to 30 mins each session (with the exception of Wednesday and Sunday).
A basic rule of thumb is that events should start and finish within 90 minutes as a standard practice. Ideally I try and keep to within this time window to allow those of us with less free time the opportunity to hop on and participate in these events.

These schedules and timings were created to offer up a consistent approach while the club re-establishes itself within RD, now we have been running a while I feel it is time to make some tweaks and tailor more to what you guys want to see.
I have a couple of things that are set in stone that I don’t want to alter, unless of course you guys all shout up about it and I have no choice :roflmao::D:)!!! These are as follows:
  • Monday and Wednesday will remain as WTCC 2014 events.
  • Wednesday’s double header timings will change to be the following (open to debate on this if you have a better idea) – P1: 10min Q1: 15min R1: 20min – P2: 0min Q2: 20 min R2: 25min (please note, I always aim to set the server up early before the first session starts, so if P1 begins at 18:00GMT for 10 minutes, the earliest I can setup the server would be 17:10GMT)
  • Friday’s DTM will be replaced by GTR3 Fridays (utilizing the soon to be massively updated GTR3 class)
As well as the above, obviously new content will arrive in the future (such as the Audi TT Cup) and these will take priority (if good) and be included in the schedule after release…
What I want from you guys (apart from offering up this opportunity to shout up what stuff you fancy racing) is some suggestions on the following things:
  • Tuesdays – Remain DTM92 & TC Classics or do something else?
  • Thursday – Remain ADAC 13/14 or do something else?
  • Saturdays – Retain use of different cars each week? If so, what do you want to race?
  • Are you happy with the schedule rotation? Do you want to see races in certain classes on different days than current, if so, what class, what day?
  • 30 mins practice, qualifying and race… good or bad? What format do you want to use (double headers, longer/shorter races etc..)
Remember guys, this club is your club and we at RD want to make it something special that you enjoy and want to come back to time and again. The only way we can deliver the best experience for everyone is by working together to build something we all enjoy together.
Now its over to you to make the suggestions and get this thing really off the ground…….
See you on track!

Cheers,

Paul
p.s. Sorry for this bit, but after thinking more about it I thought I better cover myself…. :D
I, as RD staff, reserve the right to have final say on how the schedule and format runs within the R3E Racing Club. Any and all opinions are welcomed, but please respect the final decisions that are made. Please respect others opinions on this thread. If I feel the atmosphere that was intended by this thread is being threatened, or the conversations and comments are getting out of control / not in the spirit of what the intention of this thread is, I reserve the right to close down this topic and remove it from the forums.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back