R3E Club Racing…. Suggestions Page!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hi folks,

Well, the club has been back up a running for a while now and seems to be maturing quite nicely, so thank you to everyone who has participated in the races so far.. it’s very much appreciated :thumbsup::) I would like to particularly thank those of you who sign up for events week in week out, our little core group of people who continually participate in the races is growing weekly… I’m sure come the end of summer we will have a great group of racers fighting for position in large closely matched grids across the great variety of content on offer within our favourite sim… the future really is looking good here at RD with R3E, and I’m excited to be sharing it with you all in the coming weeks and months….

I wanted to create this thread as an opportunity for you all to offer your thoughts and opinions on what content and format the race club should take going forwards… please do use this thread to float ideas, make requests and just generally chat about what sort of things you want to see from your club in the future.
When we restarted this club a few weeks ago, it was decided to offer up a consistent weekly approach to our racing for the week, keeping the same track all week (something that will remain for the foreseeable future) and offering a consistent serving of week in week out. As you are probably already aware, the current format looks like this:
Monday – WTCC 2014
Tuesday – DTM92 & TC Classic
Wednesday – WTCC 2014 Double Header
Thursday – ADAC 2013/14
Friday – DTM 2013
Saturday – Alternates weekly
Sunday – Multi Class Endurance (alternate cars)

All races currently run to 30 mins each session (with the exception of Wednesday and Sunday).
A basic rule of thumb is that events should start and finish within 90 minutes as a standard practice. Ideally I try and keep to within this time window to allow those of us with less free time the opportunity to hop on and participate in these events.

These schedules and timings were created to offer up a consistent approach while the club re-establishes itself within RD, now we have been running a while I feel it is time to make some tweaks and tailor more to what you guys want to see.
I have a couple of things that are set in stone that I don’t want to alter, unless of course you guys all shout up about it and I have no choice :roflmao::D:)!!! These are as follows:
  • Monday and Wednesday will remain as WTCC 2014 events.
  • Wednesday’s double header timings will change to be the following (open to debate on this if you have a better idea) – P1: 10min Q1: 15min R1: 20min – P2: 0min Q2: 20 min R2: 25min (please note, I always aim to set the server up early before the first session starts, so if P1 begins at 18:00GMT for 10 minutes, the earliest I can setup the server would be 17:10GMT)
  • Friday’s DTM will be replaced by GTR3 Fridays (utilizing the soon to be massively updated GTR3 class)
As well as the above, obviously new content will arrive in the future (such as the Audi TT Cup) and these will take priority (if good) and be included in the schedule after release…
What I want from you guys (apart from offering up this opportunity to shout up what stuff you fancy racing) is some suggestions on the following things:
  • Tuesdays – Remain DTM92 & TC Classics or do something else?
  • Thursday – Remain ADAC 13/14 or do something else?
  • Saturdays – Retain use of different cars each week? If so, what do you want to race?
  • Are you happy with the schedule rotation? Do you want to see races in certain classes on different days than current, if so, what class, what day?
  • 30 mins practice, qualifying and race… good or bad? What format do you want to use (double headers, longer/shorter races etc..)
Remember guys, this club is your club and we at RD want to make it something special that you enjoy and want to come back to time and again. The only way we can deliver the best experience for everyone is by working together to build something we all enjoy together.
Now its over to you to make the suggestions and get this thing really off the ground…….
See you on track!

Cheers,

Paul
p.s. Sorry for this bit, but after thinking more about it I thought I better cover myself…. :D
I, as RD staff, reserve the right to have final say on how the schedule and format runs within the R3E Racing Club. Any and all opinions are welcomed, but please respect the final decisions that are made. Please respect others opinions on this thread. If I feel the atmosphere that was intended by this thread is being threatened, or the conversations and comments are getting out of control / not in the spirit of what the intention of this thread is, I reserve the right to close down this topic and remove it from the forums.

This is just my .02
as an avid racing sim fan that plays several titles ive noticed that the majority of gamers that play RRE also run GSC and rf2. After looking at the signups numbers of all 3 titles i think it would be best if the heads of the 3 sims to get together limit the total weeks races and try to setup a schedule that doesnt have the multiple racing times across the 3, hopefully this will eliminate the small heard from being thinned out and will hopefully increase signups

RF2 only seems to be drawing club racers on fri for there gt event
GSC does well with the new v8 super cars, touring cars and the ocassional fri mini race
RRE was doing well with wtcc

Since RRE does require paid content i think it would be best to vote on 1 base content and 1 paid content.

And not to be a nag, but getting the server switched over to the next days race right after the daily race finishes would be nice. I get home from work at 3am which is roughly 10am gmt and i like to jump on to run some practice laps in hope of someone else joins but the server is still on the previous days combo

cheers

Since RRE does require paid content i think it would be best to vote on 1 base content and 1 paid content.

This is a good idea. Has there ever been a poll to see who has what tracks? If we knew which tracks were owned by the most people then sticking (mostly) to those tracks (and the free tracks) would probably help boost numbers. I would guess people would be more likely to show up if they already own the content. It might get a bit stale if we only use the same handful of tracks, but personally I'd rather race at the same tracks with larger grids than lots of different tracks with small grids.

I don't know how @Bram feels about races being run not on every day.

But I think numbers would increase say if you ran every other day with both at the weekend.

Say Tuesdays : WTCC day
Thursday : (Throw back Thursday) Old cars
Saturday : GT Sprint / Open wheel alternating
Sunday : Sunday means a long race, it gets numbers now so probably still will.

It's already a plenty focused week that @Paul Jeffrey is organising but the numbers suffer as we are the same 10-15 that do races at this club and we might have leagues, or want to spend an evening or two on another sim.

I just feel cutting back on the days might make for more steady numbers in the club.

Thoughts?

I agree with Oscar. I would like to be present at all events here if it would be possible, but many of us are also members of other leagues, Oscar, Paul, Lars and some other guys race RDTTC, so it is really difficult to fill starting grid in all evenings, because we have to practice for other events too.

I agree with Oscar. I would like to be present at all events here if it would be possible, but many of us are also members of other leagues, Oscar, Paul, Lars and some other guys race RDTTC, so it is really difficult to fill starting grid in all evenings, because we have to practice for other events too.

Agreed. I noticed a lot of people didn't show up on Saturday because they were taking part in another race. Maybe we need to rearrange the time on that day to avoid conflicts with other events?

Interesting.....
Leave this thought with me (reducing number of days) and i'll see what I can do...

Personally I quite like the idea, 3 races per week and 2 on weekends, but I need a bit of 'head space' to work out how its going to be done.

I've got mega loads on at the moment, but i'll be sorting this soon...

Might even start next week for SPA WEEK in the club :)
Seeing as i'm late posting, next week will probably start on Wednesday - Sunday with the new format beginning the week after...

We'll see...

@Keith Joyce On Sunday everyone said we should do a race where I drive a toaster and they get F1 cars. I didn't see the appeal. :cautious:

Perhaps you would prefer le-mons? :roflmao:

14-Jun-08-rFactorCentral-6129_GRAB_3942.JPG

Most likely attedance this Saturday is expected to be real low on the Club Races all around, @Brandon Wright. The RDTCC season starts this Saturday, so many drivers will be there instead of the club races.

But this shouldn't be a sign to discourage, keep signing up for the events or request a race this Saturday and we'll see what we can do :)

Most likely attedance this Saturday is expected to be real low on the Club Races all around, @Brandon Wright. The RDTCC season starts this Saturday, so many drivers will be there instead of the club races.

But this shouldn't be a sign to discourage, keep signing up for the events or request a race this Saturday and we'll see what we can do :)

Well Saturday and Sunday are the only days I'm able to race with you guys due to time zone differences, and I don't care for the 1 hour races (especially when there's only a few people), so Saturday was really my only option. Oh well.

I get you Brandon, but as said if you want to race this Saturday we can arrange something no problem last minute and announce in time. I won't race because of the RDTCC (youtube famous bound :p) but I see no problem of creating an event. Let me know which car you guys want @ Spa and we'll see it through that it gets done, even if we have to setup the server in advance because of the RDTCC race that me and Paul are taking part of.

I get you Brandon, but as said if you want to race this Saturday we can arrange something no problem last minute and announce in time. I won't race because of the RDTCC (youtube famous bound :p) but I see no problem of creating an event. Let me know which car you guys want @ Spa and we'll see it through that it gets done, even if we have to setup the server in advance because of the RDTCC race that me and Paul are taking part of.

Nah, don't need anything special on my account. And as you said, everyone else is already participating in another race (and probably will be for the foreseeable future) so I doubt our Saturday numbers for R3E will improve at all. Oh well, maybe once the physics/ffb updates come next month (hopefully) it will attract some more people to this sim and we can get some decent grids together. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey folks,
As you may have already noticed, we've decided to slim down the number of events in R3E for a while to see how things develop with regards to member participation. Numbers of sign ups have been a bit lower than expected of late, and as mentioned by Lorenzo above, with a number of leagues starting and running on Saturdays, I would expect Saturday's to suffer a little for signups in the next few weeks..

If you still want races on Saturday please do let me know, we will happily reinstate this day in the schedule..

I have lowered the number of days to test if 'quality over quantity' works, however if demand is up enough we have absolutely no problems going back to 7 days or similar again, no issues.

Guys, as I always say, this club is YOUR club, we can make this thing a thriving hotbed of quality club racing but we have to do it together, otherwise it simply wont work. All I ask, all we need, Is for you guys to get signed up nice and early to events, tag in your mates and encourage others to come and share this great sim together.
On our part here on the RD staff, we will do anything and everything we can to make this work, just let us know what you want and we'll try and make it happen for you.. :thumbsup::)

On an un related side note, Lorenzo... don't get too used to the fame fella, i'm coming for you... promotion here I come :roflmao:

In summary chaps.. please try to sign up as early as you can, the more folks involved in the races the more others come too.. even if you don't overly love the combo on offer, lets all work together to build this thing up to be all it deserves to be..

Dudes and Dudettes... peace out.

Paul

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back