R3E Club discussions.

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
I know that there are some of you who are struggling to make the start times for the races, but others are early risers and finding it quite late. I don't really want to put a poll up but will if needed, so a couple of suggestions.
1/ We move weekday start times to 18:30 GMT and everything automatically will be 30 minutes later.
2/ We move weekday start times to 19:00 GMT and everything automatically will be 60 minutes later.
I will admit to being happier with No.1 as I know some people need to get up early in the morning for work and hope that the 30 minutes might make a difference to both sides.
The Sunday race can probably stay as is unless there's an argument to change it.
So it would help if I can gauge the the feelings of the members.
Also, what's the feeling regarding the festive season, should we be closed for the 2 weeks or should there be events. I would welcome your thoughts on what you would like me to do for the period.

@4 8 15 16 23 42 108 @Andre Marcos @Andrew Harper @Beikirch @Brandon Wright @budlix @eckeisback @Ho3n3r @James Nance @JayS @Joao Fernandes @Keith Joyce @Kurupt CDN @Lars Hansen @Lars Johansson @Lorenzo Bonder @Magic43 @mark rawlins @marecki1985 @Metzger82 @Mikloss @MoerasGrizzly @monsieurjackb @Ole Marius Myrvold @Otune @Paul Jeffrey @Phil Davies @Piotrek Blaszczak @Quentis Gillispie @RabNL @randy66 @robopuff @Roy Magnes @Schwud Nelsh @SOLO59 @Tom4sz @T. Userli @Velopl @Zack Bond

Last edited:
I'm only able to race with you guys on Sundays (until Kenny can convince my boss to let me off early for the weekday races) and I'm ok with the Sunday time, but would also be ok if it moved forward or back an hour.

As for the holidays, that's the one time of year I get some time off so I'll definitely be up for some racing. But, I don't think I get any Tuesdays or Thursdays off though (well, Xmas eve and New Year's Eve but those are probably non-starters) so I'd still only be able to join on Sundays. Maybe just do the Sunday races over the holidays? That way we can still get our fix but it won't interfere with weekday holiday festivities. I'm sure by Sunday after Xmas everyone will be looking for an excuse to sneak away for a bit and get their race on. ;)

I believe the majority is fine with later starts, so it should be okay for me. I just won't pre-sleep anymore like I did when I was younger. I will stay in touch for sure. Keep Tuesdays and Thursdays, as I tend to take my off-days on Wednesdays or Fridays.

I would prefer later starts, the best time for me is 19:00 GMT. But 18:30 GMT also would be fine. Current time (18:00 GMT) makes that it is hard for me to return home after work. Every day, except saturdays and sundays is fine to me.

Is it possible to make more events on weekends? I live in the US, and there is no US club so the only chance I could join without getting fired for not going to work is to join you on weekends.

I am good with whatever time works for the majority. It's between 12-1pm my time, which gives me enough time to get ready and go to work tues-Fri. Weekend times doesn't matter, if I am home and have nothing to do I'll jump in.

The extra practice time on Tuesday, effectively making qually and race 30 minutes later seems to have been a success. I wonder if like a Thursday we should do a double header, allowing those who want a later start to join for the second one. My only fear is that it could dilute the grid size.

No idea why I never got the tag which I see i the OP, but any time from 18:00 to 22:00 GMT starting time is fine for me.

The only thing hindering me from participating sometimes is that I don't have the content. I only have the DTM 2013/14/15 packs and the tracks that come with them, and I have no interest in the other content, either car or track, that the game brings, as besides for clubraces I only use it for offline championships.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 382 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%