R3E Championship poll.

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
So, Kenny and myself have been knocking a few ideas around re. the championship, and this is what we came up with.

Basic idea is the same, it'll be a six-race championship with one race a week.
For each race, the most popular gets cut (in case of ties, the car that finishes ahead gets cut), until we end up with a single-make finale.

Tracks will be determined by vote. Each sign-up gets to vote for 6 tracks from a supplied list.
Each sign-up can give 6 pts to a track, then 5 pts to another, 4, 3, 2, and 1.
The tracks with the most points will then be raced in reverse order of popularity.
E.g. the most popular track gets raced last, and so on down the order of popularity.
The idea is two-fold. First, to keep the interest going.
If the most popular track is last, the odds are better that people will be racing the others as well in order to stay competitive.
Second, the whole idea is to push people a little out of their comfort-zones. And since the most popular cars will be cut first, it should ensure that nobody gets their favourite car on their favourite track.

There will be no cut-off points. People can race in whatever races they fancy, the more the merrier.
Obviously, if you want to win the championship, it's in your interest to participate in all 6 races, but nobody will get cut if they miss a race. They just won't score any points in that particular one.
The only cut-off point will be on the track-selection. There will be a final date and after that you're welcome to race, but you won't have any influence on which tracks we race.

The only thing to be decided is which days to race.
We'll start the championship in the first three weeks of December, have a mid-season break for the holidays, and then finish in the last three weeks of January.
There are three realistic possibilities, Wednesdays or Saturdays, which would leave the club-races as is. The final option (and my preferred one) is to use the Sunday Club races for the championship as well.
Bear in mind that it wouldn't change anything except the track-selection. People without interest in the championship can still race it as a club-race, while the others race for points.

Unfortunately, I can only ask one question in the poll and I don't want to clutter up yet another thread.....
So, if the people interested would kindly both use the poll, and then post their preferred race-day, that would be highly appreciated. :)
Assuming we get enough of an interest, the track-voting will be in the final week of November, giving me and Kenny time to set up the race-schedule.

Cheers,
Lars

Wow... A championship i can join and miss a race or 2 because of my rotating work schedule? Amazing count me in! But I think we should run on the most popular day of the week. Which is either Tuesdays our Thursday's. I see the most sign ups those days. We should keep things at 3 events a week including the championship to maintain the club sign ups. Use the same track every week to again maintain the club sign ups. GTR3 has the physics update so let's run that.

Great news but unfortunately i have this same problem as SOLO59.Rotating work schedule :(.I work on swiching station 1050 meters underground so there is always somebody must be in work (especially on weekends).But i can start on 4 , maybe 5 eveents.And for now only GTR3 with new physic , or maybe Silhouettes this cars have new physic to , and is for free.

But I think we should run on the most popular day of the week. Which is either Tuesdays our Thursday's..
There's that. But are Tuesdays and Thursdays more popular because they run DTM/WTCC or because it's Tuesdays/Thursdays?
The reason I'd prefer Sundays is because there's less chance of someone not being able to make it due to work.
But I'll let the thread run for a week or so, and we'll see what people want.

.And for now only GTR3 with new physic , or maybe Silhouettes this cars have new physic to , and is for free.
True, but there are only 4 versions of the Silhouettes.
Which would make for a rather short championship. :)

Sundays are the only days I can run with you guys due to time differences, and I'm not really interested in a championship, so I guess I'll probably be out altogether once this starts.
No need to opt out altogether.
Just so everybody is crystal-clear on this:
IF we do the championship on Sundays, it will not change the club race on Sundays.
You are more than welcome to race even if you don't compete in the championship.
Some of us might be racing for points, but that does not exclude anyone else from participating.
The only difference is that the track and available cars will be decided upon by the championship rules.

One thing I really want to avoid is having a club-within-a-club, or forcing people to take part in all the races. So the championship will be open to all, no matter how late they join or how many races they choose to participate in, and the races will be open for all no matter if you're in the championship or not.
The only cut-off date will be for the track-voting, simply because we have to plan the race-calendar at some point. :)

EDIT: Typo-corrections.

No need to opt out altogether.
Just so everybody is crystal-clear on this:
IF we do the championship on Sundays, it will not change the club race on Sundays.
You are more than welcome to race even if you don't compete in the championship.
Some of us might be racing for points, but that does not exclude anyone else from participating.
The only difference is that the track and available cars will be decided upon by the championship rules.

One thing I really want to avoid is having a club-within-a-club, or forcing people to take part in all the races. So the championship will be open to all, no matter how late they join or how many races they choose to participate in, and the races will be open for all no matter if you're in the championship or not.
The only cut-off date will be for the track-voting, simply because we have to plan the race-calendar at some point. :)

EDIT: Typo-corrections.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said I might hop in for a race or two, figure it doesn't really matter to you guys if I'm racing for points or not as long as there's another car on the grid. I don't care about points or eliminating certain cars, I just want a good race with a good size grid of clean drivers. But it would depend on how long the races are, if they're much longer than the current club races I doubt I'll do many because my rickety old body starts whinging after about 30-40 minutes of hard racing. But that shouldn't stop you guys from doing long races if you want to. :thumbsup:

But also, I know people can get pretty serious when points are on the line, and I have a tendency to crash on occasion and I'd hate to have someone get caught up in my incident and ruin their points race. That was the thinking behind my original comment about limited participation.

Wow... A championship i can join and miss a race or 2 because of my rotating work schedule? Amazing count me in! But I think we should run on the most popular day of the week. Which is either Tuesdays our Thursday's. I see the most sign ups those days. We should keep things at 3 events a week including the championship to maintain the club sign ups. Use the same track every week to again maintain the club sign ups. GTR3 has the physics update so let's run that.
The ADACs have the updated physics as well and it means people who have them don't have to buy other cars. Although I think it's only the BMW Alpino that you actually have to buy the rest are just liveries if you own the ADACS.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said I might hop in for a race or two, figure it doesn't really matter to you guys if I'm racing for points or not as long as there's another car on the grid. I don't care about points or eliminating certain cars, I just want a good race with a good size grid of clean drivers. But it would depend on how long the races are, if they're much longer than the current club races I doubt I'll do many because my rickety old body starts whinging after about 30-40 minutes of hard racing. But that shouldn't stop you guys from doing long races if you want to. :thumbsup:

But also, I know people can get pretty serious when points are on the line, and I have a tendency to crash on occasion and I'd hate to have someone get caught up in my incident and ruin their points race. That was the thinking behind my original comment about limited participation.
Brandon, I don't believe the group of drivers we have in the club will view this as anything other than a bit of festive fun, there will be plenty of people racing who know nothing or have any interest in our wee championship. It's a bit of extra fun for the guys who turn up every week to enjoy but as you know everybody is welcome in the R3E club races. As Lars has pointed out it will have no impact on the club races, which was the whole idea of doing it this way so nobody need feel excluded. So think of Keith:D and get in there.

ADAC14 is a very good car / track pack (and cheap - only 10 euro). I would prefer it, but I will adapt to staff's decision. For me, every day excluding Sunday is a good option. What I can only suggest is to change hour from 18 to 19 GMT.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%