R3E: Bentley GT3 and Formula RR Junior First Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Bentley Continental GT3 2.jpg

Swedish Development team Sector3 Studios have released teaser images of 2 pieces of new content heading to their premium 'Free to Play' racing simulator RaceRoom Racing Experience in the form of an entry level open wheel car called Formula RR Junior and GT3 giant the Bentley Continental GT3.

Complementing the high end GP2 esque Formula RaceRoom 2 released recently, the Formula RR Junior looks to represent the popular entry level Formula Ford championship, a car known to provide close racing and helping launch many professional drivers into the world of motorsport.

Powered by a 1.8 litre 145bhp race tuned engine in the back of a super lightweight 545kg chassis (including driver), the Formula RR Junior should be a nimble (if not slightly slower) option for drivers of the sim and is sure to be a popular online option on release.

RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 5.png

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum features the monstrous V8 beast that forms the GT3 specification Bentley Continental, a gigantic (comparatively) machine that made its GT racing bow in the Gulf 12 Hours of Abu Dhabi in December 2013 and has been adopted by many other GT racing series across the globe.

The RaceRoom version of the car will be from the 2015 running of the German ADAC GT Masters series, marking the first Bentley to grace Sector3's racing sim.

The Continental should be available either as part of the ADAC 2015 Experience park and possibly also include a GTR3 class version, however that has not yet been confirmed by the studio.

RaceRoom Bentley Continental GT3.jpg

Details on release dates and prices have yet to be revealed, stay tuned to RaceDepartment to find out more in the coming weeks.

Also don’t forget to have a look at our RaceRoom Racing Experience Race Club right here on RaceDepartment to be a part of our friendly online racing community.

Looking forward to the new content updates for the game? How are you finding the open wheel cars recently added to R3E? Will you be purchasing ADAC '15 (including the Bentley) on release? Let us know in the comments section below!

RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 6.png RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 2.jpg RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 3.jpg RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 5.png RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 6.png RaceRoom Bentley Continental GT3.jpg RaceRoom Formula RR Junior.jpg

Last edited:
I think those that are posting negative comments and hardly ever compete in club races need to go back and read a few things from the past year!

Ill give you some short point forms to save you time
In the past few months the game has improved massively from the start of 2015 and considering what they went through to get here i am even more impressed with what they ve accomplished
-change of ownership and name
-layoffs
-went bankrupt
-remodeled there entire structure and continued on
-shutdown the old studio and moved to a new location to save money
-staff reduced to less than 10 employes and probably the smallest team of all the sims
yet they still continue to lock down the best licenses in sim racing.....why cant any of the other big dev teams be able to do this with more cash flow?

Those complaining about no bug fixes or lack of new features need to read through the available channel logs as there has never been a new content release with out some fixes
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/
and have we already forgotten the interview done here a few months back listing all the new features coming in the next few months?
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-1.114420/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-2.114425/

Updated physics
Updated AI
Updated Tire model
New FFB parameters
Min. Torque FFB
Slip Angle
Saved setups
New ingame UI
And working on the multi player side of things to name a few

Personally i am quit impressed with what they have done in the past year while living like a pack of travelling gypsies, I can only imagine what they will accomplish going forward now that they have somewhat stabilzed.

Does the game have its issues and lack some features compared to the so called hard core sims?....yes but do those missing features take away from the overall fun and quality of racing ive experienced in our club races.....No

I know that with every new racing title release the self proclaimed sim elite are usually the first to shout simcade or arcade on the majority of titles, the part they usually forget with this title is that if you go back and watch the very first dev stream they pretty much openly say this title was not going to be a so called hardcore sim and its sole purpose was to create a title that would help develope newcomers to the racing genre and teach them the basics in hope of preparing them and sending them off into the world of hardcore sims, while producing a game that is enjoyable for all levels of talent......I think they've done a pretty job of that!

I think those that are posting negative comments and hardly ever compete in club races need to go back and read a few things from the past year!

Ill give you some short point forms to save you time
In the past few months the game has improved massively from the start of 2015 and considering what they went through to get here i am even more impressed with what they ve accomplished
-change of ownership and name
-layoffs
-went bankrupt
-remodeled there entire structure and continued on
-shutdown the old studio and moved to a new location to save money
-staff reduced to less than 10 employes and probably the smallest team of all the sims
yet they still continue to lock down the best licenses in sim racing.....why cant any of the other big dev teams be able to do this with more cash flow?

Those complaining about no bug fixes or lack of new features need to read through the available channel logs as there has never been a new content release with out some fixes
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/
and have we already forgotten the interview done here a few months back listing all the new features coming in the next few months?
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-1.114420/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-2.114425/

Updated physics
Updated AI
Updated Tire model
New FFB parameters
Min. Torque FFB
Slip Angle
Saved setups
New ingame UI
And working on the multi player side of things to name a few

Personally i am quit impressed with what they have done in the past year while living like a pack of travelling gypsies, I can only imagine what they will accomplish going forward now that they have somewhat stabilzed.

Does the game have its issues and lack some features compared to the so called hard core sims?....yes but do those missing features take away from the overall fun and quality of racing ive experienced in our club races.....No

I know that with every new racing title release the self proclaimed sim elite are usually the first to shout simcade or arcade on the majority of titles, the part they usually forget with this title is that if you go back and watch the very first dev stream they pretty much openly say this title was not going to be a so called hardcore sim and its sole purpose was to create a title that would help develope newcomers to the racing genre and teach them the basics in hope of preparing them and sending them off into the world of hardcore sims, while producing a game that is enjoyable for all levels of talent......I think they've done a pretty job of that!

Nice talk. For the newcomers, however.

I have this game instaled since December 2012...the final period of closed beta.
Then, we are in february 2016... still in beta.

We have still plenty of content with the original (2012) physics. Plenty.

Update? no. New content. The loooong waited features??? No. In the "next" update. I´m hearing this for ages.
Yup, my patience is gone, long ago.

The community is amazing. Tried to race online...well. If you guys have problem hosting in NA or EU, with this crap netcode, for people like me, its impossible.

Not mentioning the horrendous FFB. Yup, there are 1 million of combinations. With just ONE, GSC FFB is waaay better.

If you think that this approach is working, take a look at the RD club attendance... or at the steam charts...

No doubt, no other sim has so many nice classes and tracks like RR. BUT, this very generic approach used to release tons of new content just don´t work.

Enough.

Not sure where your getting your numbers but R3E has had some of the highest turnouts at RD for the past few months and when I look online during euro peak times there's usually about 20 rooms with an avg of 100 or so playing online as for gsc I love the title but asides from when Rd is hosting your lucky to find 10 people online.
FFB is completely personal and I actual find it much better than other Sims (again personal opinion) and all I've I've done is is lowered the ffb intensity to 60-70% depending on car...less for rwd more for fwd
I hold GSC very high in the sim world but had taken a break from it because I was enjoying R3E so much lately but I took the time to race in the RD 80 min mini race today which was an absolute blast but I can honestly say I found the ffb slightly vague compared to R3E but still very good again a personal opinion which really means nothing.....you play what you enjoy and click with ;)
What features have they promised that have not been added to the title in the past yr?
I ve watched and read all there dev streams and there pretty open with what there working on for upcoming patches.
Because a certain feature wasn't added to the next patch doesn't mean it's not being worked on or coming :)
At the end of the day I am not trying to convince anyone that this is the greatest thing to sim racing or trying to cover for them as I've all ready said there's issues that need to be addressed and with the amount of sims available today it's pretty simple....if you don't like it don't play it!

Not sure where your getting your numbers but R3E has had some of the highest turnouts at RD for the past few months and when I look online during euro peak times there's usually about 20 rooms with an avg of 100 or so playing online as for gsc I love the title but asides from when Rd is hosting your lucky to find 10 people online.
FFB is completely personal and I actual find it much better than other Sims (again personal opinion) and all I've I've done is is lowered the ffb intensity to 60-70% depending on car...less for rwd more for fwd
I hold GSC very high in the sim world but had taken a break from it because I was enjoying R3E so much lately but I took the time to race in the RD 80 min mini race today which was an absolute blast but I can honestly say I found the ffb slightly vague compared to R3E but still very good again a personal opinion which really means nothing.....you play what you enjoy and click with ;)
What features have they promised that have not been added to the title in the past yr?
I ve watched and read all there dev streams and there pretty open with what there working on for upcoming patches.
Because a certain feature wasn't added to the next patch doesn't mean it's not being worked on or coming :)
At the end of the day I am not trying to convince anyone that this is the greatest thing to sim racing or trying to cover for them as I've all ready said there's issues that need to be addressed and with the amount of sims available today it's pretty simple....if you don't like it don't play it!

I'm pretty sure that not one person has said "they don't like it" in this thread. And I'm not sure what competing in RD club races has to do with making comments in the forums?
I have no doubt that S3S will fix the bugs, release features, update FFB on old cars but it is taking a looonnngg in my "opinion". Doesn't mean I hate the devs or hate the game :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that not one person has said "they don't like it" in this thread. And I'm not sure what competing in RD club races has to do with making comments in the forums?
I have no doubt that S3S will fix the bugs, release features, update FFB on old cars but it is taking a looonnngg in my "opinion". Doesn't mean I hate the devs or hate the game :rolleyes:

Apologizies....I wasnt trying to compete by any means, i was just replying to the comment made about low R3E club turnouts :)

I have this game instaled since December 2012...the final period of closed beta.
Then, we are in february 2016... still in beta.
I don't think it's officially in beta or at least it shouldn't be seeing as it's easy to spend two or three times the price of Assetto Corsa on R3E content. It's just another unfinished game that we choose to pay for and hope it gets finished/fixed. An unfortunate trend in modern gaming.

Well we know the multiplayer is still in beta. It is about time they really concentrated on that and on features. They have had loads of cash now. We want stable MP, reverse grids and flags. Basic features really.

I think most people are aware of the drawbacks of R3E's pricing structure and I understand and share the frustrations over some of its faults but it would be nice if those weren't derailing every thread about new content. There is a thread somewhere outlining the most economical way of buying content.
As to the free to play side of things 3 tracks with 11 different layouts, 11 free cars, online rooms for anyone to race them in and the ability to test drive any car before buying it, doesn't sound to bad to me.
I own a fair amount of it, and I reckon it's cost me just about the same amount as my son spends when he goes to an away game at the football and probably less then a golfing day out with his mates.

S3S CEO - "OK 3D modellers and texture artists. You have amazing skills with 3DSMax and Photoshop, but our customers think that instead of producing more cars and tracks you should be able to sort out the netcode. And sound-guy, they want you to add flag rules.
What's that? You can't? Well sorry then we will have to let you go. Apparently selling content so we can keep on employing you is moneygrabbing."

The beauty of the much criticised S3S business model is YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A CAR OR TRACK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.

You can criticise S3S for not fixing/adding features as fast as you would like but suggesting that to stop releasing content will let them do this is nonsense.

Last edited:
Totally agree with David.
More content is necessary for small software houses, like the ones producing race sims, to merely survive and keep developing their products.
Without new content we'd have sims with nothing more than 2 or 3 patches and nothing more, because the studios have to concentrate upon a new game to be sold.

Seconding this, too many people think "game developer" means the person can do the full game on their own. There is that type of people, but they are rare, or they go for art styles that are less work intensive.

It is simply a reality that r3e isn't as rapidly progressing on the feature side. One can accept that and focus on the things you enjoy, or take a break from the game when it becomes too annoying. There is enough other games to hop between. Just don't get worked up about this...

with many of those smaller teams there is always a chance they all have some deficits here and there. How much gravity that has on your mood is up to you.

with many of those smaller teams there is always a chance they all have some deficits here and there. How much gravity that has on your mood is up to you.

Small deficits? A working flag system? Better network/MP stability? Absolutely needed before more content. I say send the artists home for a few months and get the feature coders working overtime. They have had more money off me than any other race sim or game come to think of it.

I say send the artists home for a few months and get the feature coders working overtime.
Real companies do not work as you say.
You can't send home workers "for a few months", and it's not sending home 3D artists that you get features faster, this just makes things worse for the company because features alone do not bring money, and without money the company eventually goes bankrupt.

Personally I can't see RRE ever getting above the stigma they've created for themselves with this constant content releasing over features.
Don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather have solid MP code, decent FFB, better car physics, reverse grids, a working flag system before another content release.

If ISI & Kunos, who are also small devs, can release feature updates as well as content, and do it really well, surely a team that has the experience that S3S has can manage it.

More new features, less new content please. Getting fed up of it.
As we've discussed on AVF, the issue is more complex than meets the eye.

Chris Speed told Redbull.com in his interview S3E have 10 full-time staff and that was before Jay Ekkel left.

Creating content and pushing out fixes comes from publisher requests; with so few staff, how does S3E do all that needs to be done? The answer is they can't! Content for people to buy is the priority from RaceRoom AG to keep the money coming in. It also explains the content release schedule which is the call of the publisher too.

If anyone thinks that S3E don't know what is missing, think again..they do and the testers sure let them know too ;)

The tl;dr summarion is S3E are told what needs to be done by RaceRoom AG and S3E do as requested. None of this is the concern of the end user however it explains the situation.

And I agree that half finished software seems to be the norm in modern gaming across all genres which sucks.

Last edited:
So, RR has the money to get the licenses of so many series and exclusive cars (man, were are talking about a LOT of cars, DTM, WTCC, Nissan, Corvette, Camaro, Ford GT, Audi, Bentley etc, I guess this was/is VERY expensive), but has no resources to improve the team? Right

So, RR has the money to get the licenses of so many series and exclusive cars (man, were are talking about a LOT of cars, DTM, WTCC, Nissan, Corvette, Camaro, Ford GT, Audi, Bentley etc, I guess this was/is VERY expensive), but has no resources to improve the team? Right
They have advertised for coders but had no luck so far. As to comparing them to other dev teams it's worth remembering that S3 is the remains of the company that went bankrupt and have achieved a lot in just over a year. Anybody who has played the game since 2013 can tell the difference in it since then. They have made strides in the past year to rectify bugs and physics, and yes the netcode can be a bit patchy but most times it works could it be better of course it could.
Great thing nowadays is we have a selection of games to play, if we don't like one then they'll be another we can enjoy.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%