R3E: Audi Sport TT Cup Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Following the recent sizable update to RaceRoom Racing Experience, the guys over at Sector3 Studios have made available to purchase the Audi Sport TT Cup in the game store now.

Available for 499RVP, this latest content contains all the cars and drivers that participated in the DTM supporting series during the 2015 season.

The Audi Sport TT Cup car features the so-called “push-to-pass” function, which gives the car an extra engine boost of 22 kW (30 hp) for 10 seconds, followed by a 20 second cool-down phase, before it can be used again.
A blue LED light will signalize when a driver has pressed the push-to-pass button.

Push-to-Pass can be used in all the sessions.

The number of allowed activations during the race is determined by the starting position:
  • Grid rows 1-3: 15 activations
  • Grid rows 4-6: 15+1 activations
  • Grid rows 7-9: 15+2 activations
  • Grid rows 10-12: 15+3 activations
At just 1125 kg, this 340 HP front wheel drive purpose build racecar offers plenty of fun and opportunity for close racing and epic on track battles.

Coupled with the recent update to the base game with considerable AI improvements, this new addition to the RaceRoom stable should offer a satisfying driving experience.

Be sure to check the RaceDepartment R3E Racing Club for some events featuring the Audi Sport TT Cup in the coming days and weeks.

aaa.jpg

Have you tried the new addition yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a blast online earlier and didn't realise they had Push to Pass. I had people thundering past me on the long left hander at Hockenheim so I suspected something was wrong and started blaming my throttle range. Doh!!!! Mind you, I still was within a corner of the leaders at the end of a 15 minute race but by then I think they had used all their PTP and I'd crawled some time back. I quite like them though, good fun.

I spent several hrs this morning getting familiar with this car jumping in some random servers and had an absolute blast!
This car has quickly become my favorite online and fwd car of all my sims....bumping the GSC Mini from the top of my list.
Great physics and ffb, minimal tuning makes for closing racing and forces and challenges the drivers skill to gain the advantage. I also really enjoy the strategy of using the p2p during the race.
Well done Sector3.....just give us a proper flag system and I'll be more than content :)

kamackeris

That crew chief version is ancient and should never have been posted there in the first place really. Wish it could be taken down to be honest, no one asked me if I wanted it to be hosted here and I have no permission to update it.

But anyway, the proper version has been updated rather a lot since the summer and is massively better than that old version. Full details here:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...on-of-new-features-and-a-proper-spotter.2516/

What the heck is going on with this title?
I've occasionally taken a 'peek' here and there at RRE but have never fully committed to it because...(1) I had major problems keeping it running initially.
It'd simply cause my computer to go into hibernation or just simply shutdown for no reason while browsing through menus.
One minute I'd be going through in-game settings menus...next minute my computer would be shutting down.
It never happened when on track...just browsing menus.
Despite that fact I've purchased some content, (American Track Pack, GRP5 pack, A90, Camaro, RUF).
I've done...(well STEAM)... has done just about every update since RRE was installed.
Last week I took out the Audi A90 and did a few laps at Mid-Ohio. It felt terribly imprecise at default settings...very loose and not particularly responsive to inputs. I won't 'sugar-coat it. It felt really bad.
Today, I took out the Mistral M531 to the same track. The car felt incredible with just default settings. It felt 'pointed' and just a lot of fun to drive.
What the heck is with the lack of consistency?
The sound is some of the best I've ever heard to date in a sim and yet, the feeling of being on a virtual race track is lacking something compared to other sims.
The graphics and environmental lighting needs some kind of filtering.
It's just not convincing.
Earlier today, I put this Audi pack in the shopping cart..but I quickly removed it pending some improvement to the overall experience.
It's a real shame too, because it's not expensive at $5.49 USD
I think I'll just hold on purchasing any additional content for now.
They're just too many choices to spend money on a product that's not convincing.

Last edited:
What the heck is going on with this title?
I've occasionally taken a 'peek' here and there at RRE but have never fully committed to it because...(1) I had major problems keeping it running initially.
It'd simply cause my computer to go into hibernation or just simply shutdown for no reason while browsing through menus.
One minute I'd be going through in-game settings menus...next minute my computer would be shutting down.
It never happened when on track...just browsing menus.
Despite that fact I've purchased some content, (American Track Pack, GRP5 pack, A90, Camaro, RUF).
I've done...(well STEAM)... has done just about every update since RRE was installed.
Last week I took out the Audi A90 and did a few laps at Mid-Ohio. It felt terribly imprecise at default settings...very loose and not particularly responsive to inputs. I won't 'sugar-coat it. It felt really bad.
Today, I took out the Mistral M531 to the same track. The car felt incredible with just default settings. It felt 'pointed' and just a lot of fun to drive.
What the heck is with the lack of consistency?
The sound is some of the best I've ever heard to date in a sim and yet, the feeling of being on a virtual race track is lacking something compared to other sims.
The graphics and environmental lighting needs some kind of filtering.
It's just not convincing.
Earlier today, I put this Audi pack in the shopping cart..but I quickly removed it pending some improvement to the overall experience.
It's a real shame too, because it's not expensive at $5.49 USD
I think I'll just hold on purchasing any additional content for now.
They're just too many choices to spend money on a product that's not convincing.

Some of the cars have different physics, a few of the classes recently received majorly improved physics. The Audi TT has new physics and lots of people are reporting it's possibly the best feeling car in the game. So it's probably a pretty safe purchase, it's getting a lot of use online and it could keep you entertained until the other cars get updated.

Had a blast online earlier and didn't realise they had Push to Pass. I had people thundering past me on the long left hander at Hockenheim so I suspected something was wrong and started blaming my throttle range. Doh!!!! Mind you, I still was within a corner of the leaders at the end of a 15 minute race but by then I think they had used all their PTP and I'd crawled some time back. I quite like them though, good fun.

#And here is the embarrassing vid :)

Slightly late to the party, but I finally got round to buying and having a go in this car (against AI at Brands). Lovely drive, really good FFB, interesting, and just about the right speed for you to be permanently battling the entire race.

It's also a good change of pace from the faster RWD or the crazy vintage things.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back