R3E: Audi Sport TT Cup Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Following the recent sizable update to RaceRoom Racing Experience, the guys over at Sector3 Studios have made available to purchase the Audi Sport TT Cup in the game store now.

Available for 499RVP, this latest content contains all the cars and drivers that participated in the DTM supporting series during the 2015 season.

The Audi Sport TT Cup car features the so-called “push-to-pass” function, which gives the car an extra engine boost of 22 kW (30 hp) for 10 seconds, followed by a 20 second cool-down phase, before it can be used again.
A blue LED light will signalize when a driver has pressed the push-to-pass button.

Push-to-Pass can be used in all the sessions.

The number of allowed activations during the race is determined by the starting position:
  • Grid rows 1-3: 15 activations
  • Grid rows 4-6: 15+1 activations
  • Grid rows 7-9: 15+2 activations
  • Grid rows 10-12: 15+3 activations
At just 1125 kg, this 340 HP front wheel drive purpose build racecar offers plenty of fun and opportunity for close racing and epic on track battles.

Coupled with the recent update to the base game with considerable AI improvements, this new addition to the RaceRoom stable should offer a satisfying driving experience.

Be sure to check the RaceDepartment R3E Racing Club for some events featuring the Audi Sport TT Cup in the coming days and weeks.

aaa.jpg

Have you tried the new addition yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
A fun, easy car to drive for sure ... just done my first race with the TT at Brands Hatch, won the race but never really broke away from the pack. Mainly raced the WTCC 2014 cars in R3E. TT feels similar, but a little softer around the edges, just as fun though.

During the replay, noticed a few cars flashing their lights, is that the push-to-pass activating? or just irate AI drivers!

A fun, easy car to drive for sure ... just done my first race with the TT at Brands Hatch, won the race but never really broke away from the pack. Mainly raced the WTCC 2014 cars in R3E. TT feels similar, but a little softer around the edges, just as fun though.

During the replay, noticed a few cars flashing their lights, is that the push-to-pass activating? or just irate AI drivers!
I noticed this with the wtcc cars earlier today them flashing their lights

I noticed this with the wtcc cars earlier today them flashing their lights

Pretty sure this happens in all classes when the AI gets close enough to another car.
It's not PTP though. That's signified with a blue light in the right-hand side of the windshield.

But for those wanting a preview, here's a 30 minute TT Cup race at Zandvoort.
Focus has been set on an AI driver to show both player vs. AI as well as AI vs. AI racing.
I'm in the #99 black Playboy car starting in P4.
(Pretty easy to spot, I'm the guy who crashes out at the end. :D )
Note that while there is a certain amount of door-banging going on, only once do I get tapped by the AI. The rest of the contacts is due to me being stupid. ;)
It also highlights why I love single-make racing.
Even if you do get a little distance to the pack, one mistake and you have 4-5 cars nipping at your heels.

Not exactly great quality. Running it on a pretty old PC so every option is cranked right down. And the capture software down-samples it even more to get decent file-sizes, so it is what it is.

As I thoroughly watch all TT cup races I can in a live stream, I can say it doesn't shake up the field. Sometimes the winner even has some shots left. It's more a tool to help you overtaking or defending, but does not affect the overall order too much.

Pretty sure this happens in all classes when the AI gets close enough to another car.
It's not PTP though. That's signified with a blue light in the right-hand side of the windshield.

But for those wanting a preview, here's a 30 minute TT Cup race at Zandvoort.
Focus has been set on an AI driver to show both player vs. AI as well as AI vs. AI racing.
I'm in the #99 black Playboy car starting in P4.
(Pretty easy to spot, I'm the guy who crashes out at the end. :D )
Note that while there is a certain amount of door-banging going on, only once do I get tapped by the AI. The rest of the contacts is due to me being stupid. ;)
It also highlights why I love single-make racing.
Even if you do get a little distance to the pack, one mistake and you have 4-5 cars nipping at your heels.

Not exactly great quality. Running it on a pretty old PC so every option is cranked right down. And the capture software down-samples it even more to get decent file-sizes, so it is what it is.
and what was you AI strenght ? I`ve tested zandvoort with GT3 on 100% and fastest AI was doing only 1:44:xx, ... gonna test 110%, if AI will cut 5-6 seconds in better braking or somewhere

Would be nice to calibrate AI so at 100% they achieve realistic race times - GT3, Zandvoort 1:38, than aliens could go for 110% and average joe can get his 1:40 with 90% or something .. absence of traffic and fresh tyres should set qually times accordingly)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back