R3E and PrestoGP talents

So.. R3E came out today.. What can i say? Trust SimBin to provide quality content is an understatement.

You may ask: What does Free2Play not-really-full-blown-sim got to do with PrestoGP?

Well.. The dev team is full of HC, old school flat out no mercy drivers. If you weren't a fanboy or at least SimBin supporter before, try this title and we get to see pattern: quality. ease-of-use. attention to details that matter. Taking that Judd V8 to Hillclimb.. Man, i pressed just repeat---repeat-- again and again. Last time this happened to me was when i got the GTR Evo DVD from post and installed the game, off-line.

But marketing department is ruling in F2P universe. I've seen multitude of free2play titles go to waste just because they'll put content over mechanics. They will soften the FFB, increase the grip and reward for bad driving, mark my word, if we don't do something.

PrestoGP has talent. Lots of it. From back of the grid to front, what we see is quality, consistency, dedication and passion for the "sport" (sorry to put this one in quotes but it isn't actually a sport,nor is it just hobby). Everyone, in their own pace are a master of their practice. If i tell the slowest driver to drive three hours in competitive pace, he will do it. Not to mention our Aliens.

So i beg you to dowload it, it's 4.8gb so there's no hurry.. And you have your season to concentrate. But for 1h a week, drive R3e. You can leave your feedback here, i can forward it. Or use official threads, main point is your feedback as seasoned veterans that knows their ****. You all know what a good sim has to offer, how it should behave and react. Where the line between cheating, wrecking and clean racing is. You got bloody 9+ seasons to show, ffs.

Maybe we'll someday organize PrestoGP in R3e, i REALLY want to make that happen.

I'm stoked. Impressed. And worried.

The Hillclimb is bit different.. I don't like the fantasy GP too, it's pretty awful track actually... My judgement in the closed beta was the same, meh... Wouldn't bring this up unless i saw some real potential. Most likely it'll go to commercial/casual hell but what if it doesn't?

Most real drivers pass this one and the casual side then wins.

And RUF, Panhard and that Judd BMW are really different from the other cars in there...The others has mushy FFB, no real character at all. It's almost like they are trying deliberately two vehicle models to see which one users want..

Ye Me and Chirlie had it and this during the closed beta and it is id say slight better than gtr but not a patch on rf2, its like anything else isnt a sim once you play it with the track rubbering in its a living thing and road feel in ffb aswell as good ffb from car like gtr is as close as we will get to a f1 simulator. I recommend to drive the f2s 1st.

R3E maybe a good thing to have if you like timetrials different cars but it will cost you, i think to drive the things i used in closed beta would have cost me around £60+ but when its out i dont think i would buy any of it. I think i feel i wouldnt go out my way to drive wtcc this and that or other tin tops etc but when in a game like gtr evolution i take bundle i get for money and i tend to like most but i wouldnt buy it individually. Graphic to just slight better than gtr id say rf2 tends to look more like iracing style more real looking, sounds in R3E though are really good. At a push id possibly buy a gtr3 if came out and had more realistic things like rf2 in it, Assetto im hopefull but im also doubtfull as i think when 1st comes you wont even be able to pit which seems strange lol.:unsure:
Also the hillclimb was only part i enjoyed really, i was 7th i think in the comp that ran and was quite a scary lap ill make a vid. I would come off doing a run on that with my hands shaking lol

1 thing i cant wait is when everyone is able to try rfactor2 and you then will get what im on about :) its simply raised the bar and will only get better when tire models weather are finalised anything else feels simcadey which also makes you :cry: a little.

Oh yeah, just occurred to me.. There's this thing called GetReal.. You haven't tried it because it wasn't on the Closed beta... It changes everything.. No traction control (around 70% on the arcade mode), damage, tire wear, car setups... So, please, download it and say again. it's TOTALLY different beast.. In arcade i could do flat out, on GetReal i can go 50% throttle in the same place.

They were definetly there i played it for 2 or 3 weeks and there were compitions running hill climb in 1 bmw thing and a older bmw, lots of other comps on the other tracks but i only played hill climb comps and sp rest GET REAL though. You had to get virtual points to get other stuff but you get them for free in closed beta to test purchasing system you could also get alot of other things tracks and cars.
It was only in single player so if you never tried that u may not have seen the get real option it was in session settings but when doing a comp or that the option wasnt there. Also i think u have to buy Get real mode when they release it lol for 1 euro i mean cmon Simbin time to get real :roflmao:

EDIT:Also might be worth remembering if id never played Rfactor 2 i might have thought this was pretty good.

It would be interesting to hear what you think about the RR add on Saleen. I think it has good FFB feel. Fun to drive, a real challenge. Handling is like I would expect. It's hard for me to judge it because I have no experience of pro racing. I'm unreliable, like the criminologist says about most witnesses of crimes:D

Ye Valter as i say dont get me wrong its quite good ffb and car feel etc. Id say it is a slight step up from race07 i havent tried that 1 but i also drove the mclaren mp4/12c thing around Bathurst and was also good fun. Its like race07 though and its just a tarmac general feel to the ffb and that surface feels same in ffb basically where as with rf2 the surface on the road all the way around will have its own feel even small bumps in track on the way round + ffb from tires + ffb from weight and loss of grip.
Its hard to put down in words lol, but its just much better in comparisn but if comparing R3e with race07 then it would be slightly better just in shadows when compared with rf2.

Now I just got to buy the rf2 beta, cause a true expert that I trust have given it five stars. There isn't much time for fooling around with anything else than the PrestoGP practice and racing, so I hope rf2 will be our next platform. If not, rf2 will be a bad investment :)
I thought we would change to rf1 and some more recent F1 mod this season, when it began to be debated. I assume every simracing enthusiast own rf1, which is the perfect league racing platform. Nothing wrong with Race07 though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back