R Seat Evo or Obutto?

I'm thinking about spoiling myself and i'm thinking about replacing my Playseat. Anyone here using a R Seat and how are they? I'm also looking at a Obutto but the wheel mount on the R Seat looks more sturdy than the one on the Obutto. I don't like the center post on my Playseat (picky picky) and the reason why i bought the Playseat is i found it on Craigslist for $175. But i feel now that it is time for a change.

Some feedback from both users of R seat and Obuttos will be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

Well, since I won my rSeat, a day hasn't gone past when I regret signing up. It's really sturdy, and my only real complaint is that the pedal plate can come loose if you don't tighten the screws really, REALLY tight. Other than that, it's brilliant (I've never even heard of the Obutto :>)

Upvote 0
I have no experience with the Obutto, but my rSeat works splendid except for the pedal plate which I believe is completely useless. If you use any sort of heavy duty brake, you can forget about using it. I dismounted it and made my own custom pedal housing assembly out of wood in order to invert the pedals. Also, the small cable tidy clamps that mounts to the wheel mounting column are fairly useless aswell because they fall out of their holes. I glued mine in after finally having had enough, now they stick.

Other than that I have no complaints. The seat is sturdy and does not flex at all and the same can be said for the seat mount and the wheel column. Some people have questioned the fit of the seat - I'm 186cm's high with a 34 waist and I fit in it snugly. My legs are definately keyed and does not allow much movement from side to side. Anyone who has sat in a real race car seat will know what I'm on about.

I'd consider it twice if your waist number is higher than mine. Your height does not matter.

Upvote 0
Well the guy selling rig above won't return my messages so his loss I guess.

I still have not decided, I see the RaceRoom rig and now I'm going hmmm on that one too.

Also I'm thinking about completing the exhaust system on Cherokee, headers , hiflow cat and mid muffler. It has cat back now, so just a bit torn on decisions right now lol!

Upvote 0
Im in the process of buying my obutto :) To the guys who own one, should I get the tabletop as well, is it worth it?

Also, I can get a buttkicker cheap in the deal, should I? I live in an apartment so Im not sure how powerful it is and will I get booted out lol

Upvote 0
Im in the process of buying my obutto :) To the guys who own one, should I get the tabletop as well, is it worth it?

Also, I can get a buttkicker cheap in the deal, should I? I live in an apartment so Im not sure how powerful it is and will I get booted out lol

I have one for mine but don't use it as intended. I added some horizontal bars to the back of mine and attached the desktop to them. That's where the PC sits so everything is tidy and out of the way.

Upvote 0
I decided to buy the Obutto, with the buttkicker, after reading some reviews :) I didnt get the tabletop, as I still feel I can just make one from some decent food if I need to, but I plan on having a seperate table for my drinks and such and using my desk next to the obutto for my computer (the cables should easily reach :) ) Now I just gotta wait 6-10 days for delivery......this is the worst bit :p

Upvote 0
The guy selling the Obutto finally responded. He was on vacation so i made arrangements to go check the unit out on Thursday. I'm more and likely going to buy it because of the price and Buttkicker is included and no waiting for shipping or expenses, just disassemble and throw it in back of truck. :thumbsup:

Edit: I didn't want to wait so i picked it up on Tuesday.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing