Resource icon

Cars R.S.01 by acm modding team 0.8.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello all
I received a request to have the sound without brake hiss. Having received very little negative opinion on this subject, I do not modify the mod, but I provided a patch, sfx folder to replace in the mod to remove this whistle for those he wants. Folder content original bankfile if you want to go back.
You can find it on the mod ACM Forum page between mod versions and templates ;)

0.8.9? you must still be with a version 0.8.8. I put the old gearbox and the old engine in the 0.8.9 and there the power is correct ;)
in the content manager only the version number is not correct, always in 0.8.4 :whistling:, I use it very little and so I do not think to check what it displays :D

Mate, this mod is really awesome, really high quality and detailed. We are planning in our community to recreate Renault Sport Trophy championship this spring (within AC possibilities) with this mod, we had one test race last week so far, but with the old version 0.8.6. Next week we are planning to do second test race with new version, I can send you some feedback from the race if you want (during the first test we had around 30 cars in the field. From my point of view, there is only one problem with this mod - left and right window texture (low res texture - visible pixels on the windows shaded parts), everything else is OK. BTW thank You for the sound fix, I suppose the guy who wrote you about this was from our community - btw during and after the race nobody complained about it :)

I think this car is still too fast. It can easily reach 280 or more in a not so long straight (less than kilometer).
I would slow it down for another 10 km/h really.
For example, Vallelunga track, according to the onboard replay you have provided comparison (1st is RL speed, 2nd one is from AC - on fast surface, cca 96, 97% of grip):
- over s/f line: 106, 112
- max before T1: 247, 258
- min speed through T1: 237, 232 (slower)
- max top speed before T3: 257, 268
- min seed through T3: 119, 112 (slower)
- apex speed at T4, just after T3: 145, 145
- top speed before T5: 243, 258
- min through T5: 96, 92
- acceleration from T5 to the end of red, white curb: 162, 156
- max speed before T6: 198. 205
... and so on

You can clearly see that the your (so, AC`s) car is faster on straights, and slower in turns. Lap times are faster in AC as well (for about second or two). Would be cool to adjust that ones more. And sorry for being so picky ;)
But I love this car, and it would be a shame to leave it this way, and not making it perfect, agreed? :)

Last edited:
Mitja Bonca, have you ever meticulously compared a Kunos car? :D
just to adjust the gearbox it took hours and hours, it's still very close :p you don't think?
irl, it can reach > 300kph

seriously, your comparison work even makes me happy to be so close to reality :thumbsup:
Regards
Pat

Mitja Bonca, have you ever meticulously compared a Kunos car? :D
just to adjust the gearbox it took hours and hours, it's still very close :p you don't think?
irl, it can reach > 300kph

seriously, your comparison work even makes me happy to be so close to reality :thumbsup:
Regards
Pat
I know its not a piece of cake, for sure. I just wanted to say there is only just a bit missing and will be perfect, thats all. And when you will have time, its not something that would bothers be, its a damn good mod, and worth of every yours (and others) hour you put into it.

Hi all,

I tell you that passion-meca.com organizes an open races evening, first race in Ginetta (LHD) and the second in RS01 on Donington Park this Friday, 1/26 more detail here: http://www.passion-meca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2327 in french of course.
But if it tempts you, register on the forum, posted a message of presentation which will be then validated by a moderator. Then sign up for the open by following the link on the left menu "Inscritions Opens"

;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years